Losing the Feeling of Feeling Unique

Nine

RYAN’S POV

After Jon and Ruby both left the room, I sank to floor and my head dropped into my waiting hands. With all my heart I wanted to trust Jon, but the memories of countless crying girls I’d had to comfort over the years. Girls I’d had to comfort because Jon broke their hearts – and I couldn’t bear to see that happen to Ruby.

I sat on the floor for what felt like hours although I’m pretty sure it was only minutes. I heard the door open and close and then shortly after the bed I was leaning on dipped under someone’s weight.

‘Ry?’ I heard Spencer ask.

‘Spence, I think Ruby hates me’ I said tears threatening to pour from my stinging eyes.

‘I’m sure she doesn’t hate you Ryan’ he said soothingly.

‘She does, I’m pretty sure she loves Jon and I just had to open my big mouth and tell her not to be with him didn’t I?’

‘Ry, calm down. After Jon left here, he came to our room and he seemed pretty upset about the whole thing. He even used the ‘L’ word’ Spencer said slowly, as though he didn’t quite believe it himself.

‘He said love again?’ I said my feelings similar to those of Spencer. ‘Each second that passes, I’m beginning to regret saying anything because I’m really starting to believe that he likes her’ a frown adorning my face.

‘I’m going to leave you alone now, I know you’ve got a lot on your mind’ and with that he left me alone, with nothing but my thoughts.

I sat alone for over an hour, before it all became too much, I got up and went over to the small bedside tables and picked up the hotel’s complimentary pen and paper and began to release all the pent up frustration and confusion onto the paper.

After writing three letters, one to Ruby, one to Jon, and one to Jon and Ruby. I put on my jacket and went for a walk to clear my head.

RUBY’S POV

We walked to Hyde Park again and we found our way to one of many benches situated along the edge of one of the many walkways and sat down.

After a minute or two of silence, Jon said,

‘I think we should go and talk to Ryan’

‘We?’ I said surprised.

‘Yes we, if we’re both there we can convince him that this is real’ he clasped my hand within
his.

‘Okay’ I stated and we strolled back to the hotel, stooping at any possible chance, probably because we were both secretly dreading going to talk to Ryan.

We gingerly walked to Brendon and Ryan’s room. We stood in front of the door silently willing the other to open it, finally after around 3 minutes, I decided to suck it up and knock.

There was no reply after four knocks, so I took the spare card key out of my pocket and opened the door and we walked through.

‘Ryan?’ Jon called.

Ry ?’ I also called.

When no reply was heard, we walked further in. I saw three pieces of paper, two folded and one unfolded.

READ ME! screamed the unfolded one.

I picked it up and began to read Ryan’s messy scrawl on the paper.

After you guys left, I felt terrible about what happened. So I decided to tell you both how I felt, so I wrote you a separate letter each. Read your respective letters without talking to each other.

R


I passed Jon his letter and I opened mine.
Ruby,

I feel so bad about telling you not to be with Jon, I want to give him a chance. I love you with all my heart and I only want to be happy, so by giving you my blessing, I’m hoping that this can happen. I’m sorry for being such an asshat about it all and I hope you can forgive me, and letting my jealousy take over.

Ryan

Xx


After reading the letter, I felt a new found love for Ryan. The fact that he could get past this in favour of his love for me was great. I really thought my relationship with Jon was going places, and having Ryan’s blessing made me feel a whole lot better.

JON’S POV

Jon,

You’re one of my best friends and you’re like a brother to me, so I don’t know why I can’t get past this. But after seeing how well you treat Ruby, I really believe that you like her. So treat her right or I’ll be after you – no joke. I hope we can all get past this and move on and I hope that one day in the near future you can forgive me.


Ryan’s words made me feel so much better about my love (that’s right, I knew it was love) for Ruby. I looked over at her and she looked back at me before jumping into my arms and kissing me passionately.

We pulled apart and both turned our heads to see Ryan standing there a grin on his round face.

‘I’m sorry guys’ he said quietly, his face darkening, before looking at the red and blue patterned carpet. Ruby jumped down from my arms and ran over to Ryan and wrapped him in a hug. She whispered something in his ear and a grin returned to face.

‘I want you to meet someone’ Ryan said to Ruby. As he said this, I saw Keltie slowly enter the room, the sound that should be coming from her Mary Jane heels muffled by the fluffy carpet.

RUBY’S POV

‘This is my girlfriend Keltie’ Ryan said, gesturing to the pretty blonde lady standing next to him.

I extended my hand but she pulled me into a friendly hug. ‘Hey Ruby’ she said smiling.

‘Hey Keltie’ I said, instantly taking a shine to her.

‘Oh my god! Where did you get those shoes?!’ she asked gesturing to the blue Marc Jacobs shoes I was wearing.

‘Oh, I got them half price at this small boutique in town’ I said smiling at the compliment ‘I could take you there sometime if you like?’

‘That’d be great!’ she said as she linked her arm with Ryan’s and rested her head on his shoulder.

‘When did you get here Kelt?’ Jon asked.

‘Oh, it was a last minute thing, I flew in this morning. Ryan told me he’d met Ruby and that he’d be here for a while longer. I had no work scheduled so I came over here to surprise
him and meet the sister he’d been talking so highly of’ she smiled. This comment causing
my cheeks to redden with embarrassment.

‘How about the four of us go out for dinner?’ Keltie asked.

‘Yeah, that’d be great’ Ryan said enthusiastically.

The four of us left and had a great time at one of the Wagamama restaurants in London.

We had a great time because Ryan was very relaxed around Jon and I, I think Keltie had a calming effect on him.

It felt great to have Ryan finally approve of mine and Jon’s relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update of the day! You lucky things! We want COMMENTS for this lovely act of kindness!