‹ Prequel: Awake and Unafraid

Asleep Or Dead

One

~Gerard's POV~

"Gee!" She shouted.

"Kate!" I shouted back and embraced her. She held me.

"Wake up, sugar." She said.

"But I'm not sleeping!" I protested.

It was too late, her frail figure was already fading, and I saw the mass that was Ray's fro coming into view.

It was all a dream.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It was three years since I saw the love of my life, and I missed her terribly. I wanted her back. My dreams and thoughts and songs were full of her. She was everywhere, but nowhere. She was in college. In Oklahoma.

Kaitlyn Wagner.

She was twenty-one now. She still looked the same. She was still beautiful. She was still mine.

I glanced down at the photo I had of her, that she sent me, her first month away. Her dirty blonde layered hair, her shocking icy blue eyes, and her frail body. She was my safe haven and she was my life. I missed her too much.

"Dammit, Gee, stop dreaming about your girlfriend! We need to finish this song!" Ray yelled at me.

"It's the last one! Just give it your all!" Frank pressed.

"No! I want to sleep!"

"You've been sleeping too much lately! Why?" Mikey asked.

"It's just that.."

"He dreams of the girl." Bob said.

"She has a name."

"Kaitlyn. I know. Damn, Gee, I miss her too. You've been a lifeless lump without her."

"Have not!"

"Yes you have! You barely eat, you're pale, and you mope constantly." Frank accused.

"Gee, If you want, I'll go down and check on her for you." Ray offered.

"NO! If anyone is going to see her it's me!"

"Gerard! You'd be a wreck then!"

"I'm a goddamn wreck now!"

"Gee. Shut up. Just shut up. And sing."

I sang. I was angry too. I missed her. I missed her too far.
-----------------------------------------------------------
~*Kaitlyn's POV*~

I heard the creak of my dorm room door open. I shivered for a bit.

"Who's there?" I asked.
"Kaitlyn, that's not a polite thing to say!" The dorm officer said, through the door.
"Shut up! Who is it?"
"It's your new roomate."
"Come in."
A new roomate? If it's a prep, I swear...
"Ello?" A pale girl with black hair so shiny and smoothe, you could see your reflection in it, and eyes steely blue, much like my own asked.
"Yeah?" I shot back.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."
"No, it's fine, I'm just sad right now."
"Why?"

Like I was about to tell her, whoever she was. About Gerard.

"It's nothing. I'm Kaitlyn, by the way."
"Oh uh. I'm Eileen."
"Nice to meet you Eileen."

She seemed like a nice person. She was caring, and not too nosey. I could like her. I just had to ask her the most important thing ever.

"So.... What kind of music do you listen to?"
"Well alot of kinds. My favorite band is My Chemical Romance... ever heard of them?"

That was a dumbass question. I fell in love with thier lead singer, and had to tragically leave him and come here, after we went to his hurtful parent's house and got blown off a bridge by a tornado after the weeks we spent together, after he met me at a concert in Charlotte, NC, where he admitted he knew me in pre-school and I was his hero... Nope. Never heard of them.

"Oh believe me I have."
"Yeah. I've liked them for, like, six years."
"Have you met any of them?" I asked Eileen.
"Oh, just Ray. He's really nice."
"Sometimes." I muttered, recalling what Ray did during our little game of Truth or Dare...
"What was that?" She asked.
"Oh nothing."
"Cool. What bands do you like?"
"My Chemical Romance. That is my all time favourite."
"Word. Have you ever met any of them."
"I've met all of them."
"You lie."
"All honesty." I sighed.
"Are they nice?"
"I fell in love with one of them..." I whispered.
"What? I didn't quite catch that."
"Gerard. He's my favourite."
"Yeah, my friend is like obsessed with him... It's scary."

I cringed.

"I like Bob." She said.

I heard Gee's name, and I already started bawling. I hopped to my PC. Gee was online.

ambulance_renegades: ello gee!
g.wayward: Kaitlyn!
ambulance_renegades: what r u doing?
g.wayward: Ray and Bob are getting on my nerves.

Eileen interrupted my IM convo.

"Who are you talking too?" She asked.
"A friend."
"Gerard! You're talking to fucking GERARD WAY!!

ambulance_renegades: suks about Ray and Bob. I miss u. u have my #. Call me. I miss ur non singing voice. I listened to the albums too many times. Demolition Lovers, especially.
g.wayward: hand in mine into your icy blues... I will call u tomorrow. my cells charging, and we're in a bus.
ambulance_renegades: fuck.
g.wayward: I love you.
ambulance_renegades: I love you too.
g.wayward: g2g, we're recording, famous last words, this new song, it's not fair..
ambulance_renegades: Aww, I didn't get to tell you I'm coming down, after this semester...
g.wayward ur fucking kidding me!
ambulance_renegades: all honesty. Tell frank and taylor I said hi, and mess up ray's hair for me.
g.wayward: will do. I love you.
ambulance_renegades: love u 2 babe.
g.wayward: bye. miss u.

Gerard has signed out

I sat for a while and laughed at Eileen's open mouth. I missed Taylor.

I love and miss Gerard. Will all of my beating heart. i looked at his picture one last time before settling in for the night. I would see him soon.. I hope.