Love Is Just a Chemical Creation

Lilies and Chinese

I pulled into the parking spot with five minutes to spare. I hurried up the steps and into the building. The receptionist was just sitting there with out a care in the world. I wish that I didn't have to worry about losing my job. I really needed this job and I don't know what I would do without it.

I ran up the three flights of stairs and into the conference room. I had only a few seconds to catch my breath before the Editor walked into the room.

"Next months issue is a complete load of crap. The only good part was the photos that Jayde took!" My cheeks flushed as everyone looked at me. "I mean come on people can't we get at least one piece of good material. Is that really so hard to ask for."

"Wait which pictures are you talking about?" I asked I heard a groan come from somewhere to my left. I looked over to see one of the other photographers. I knew it was kind of selfish to ask but I was genuinely curious to see what pictures he was talking about.

"The ones of that band All Time Low something like that." He was getting aggravated so I knew to shut up after that. I was shocked yeah they were my favorite pictures that I had taken in a while but I didn't think that Mark, the Editor, would like them that much.

"Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on what we could out in the next issue?" Mark asked rubbing his face tiredly.

No one raised their hand at first. A very timid journalist raised her hand when Mark let out an exasperated sigh.

"Ah yes. I see we have one brave soul left in this building. What is your idea honey?" Mark always referred to the women in the office as Honey, Sweetheart or Doll. None of the women minded it to much because we knew that he didn't mean anything by it.

"Well I was thinking that we could do a best of issue. Like have the best of the covers and different topics that are hot with the population right now." Her voice was quiet and was trembling. You could tell that she was very nervous about talking in a room with so many people that were higher up on the food chain than she was.

"That is a good idea and a definite possibility." As he said this he wrote that on the big white board that was on the wall behind him. I knew this meeting was going to be hell, and take a lot longer than what I wanted to be here.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 3 Hours Later ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I had a pounding headache as I walked out of the boardroom. We had completely redone this month's issue of the magazine in a total of 2 and1/2 hours. I was not looking forward to shooting all of the new pictures for the articles. I was happy that I still had me job, he ended up firing one of the older photographers.

I pulled up to my apartment building and got out of my car. I was supposed to go out to dinner with Zack but I didn't feel like going anywhere except my room to get comfy pj's on and curling up on the couch. I grabbed my phone and pulled up a new text message and began typing.

`Hey Zack, Sorry it ended up taking a lot longer than what I was planning. I was hoping that we could put a rain check on going out to dinner tonight. I really hope you don't mind.'

I hit the send button and tossed my phone onto my bed I pulled out a pair of fleece pajama bottoms that had guitars and records on them and slid them on. I threw my hair up into a pony tail. I pulled a random tank top over my head and headed to the kitchen. I opened one of the cupboards and pulled out a bottle of Aspirin. I shook the bottle until 2 pills fell out and into my hand. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and popped the two pills into my mouth using the water to chase them down. I was walking back to my bedroom as I did this. I grabbed my hoodie off my bed and shoved my phone into the pocket.

I was sitting on my couch watching some movie when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see an envelope flashing on the screen. I had a new text message. I opened it and smiled when I read it.

`Yeah that's not a problem. Alex said something about hanging at his place, so thats probably where I'll be if you need anything. I'm sorry you don't feel good. Hope to see you soon!'

I quickly hit reply and wrote back a message.

`Haha I hope you have a good time. It's not your fault and I'm good, thank you, but I'm glad to see you care. I hope to see you soon too.'

I hit send and smiled thinking about Zack and Alex being back on speaking terms.

I was getting really into the movie I was watching. It was some sappy love story. I was broke out of the trance the movie had on my when there was a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone so was very confused at the sound.

I pulled the door open and looked out into the hall. No one was there. I figured that it was the old bat of a land lady I had. She was always knocking randomly on my door, but when I would open it she wouldn't be there. I looked down at the floor thinking that she may have received a package for me while I was gone.

There sitting on my door step was a single lily. I bent down and picked it up. There was a small note attached to the stem. I opened it up and there in small black pen was three words.

`Thinking of you'

I smiled because I knew exactly who it was from. I wasn't sure how he got it here, he was supposed to be at Alex's , which is across town. I looked down the hall to see if he was hiding somewhere, but there was no one in sight.

I shrugged my shoulders and closed my door. I was walking toward the kitchen when once again there was a knock on my door. I turned around and rushed back to the door hoping to catch the person in the act.

I flung the door open and peered out, nobody was there. I looked down to the door mat and there was another single Lily sitting there. Once again there was a note tied to the stem.

`A single Pretty Flower
Looks so much better
With something else
By its side.'


The note made me smile. How could this guy make the simplest gesture something so much more? How could he make my heart pound without even being here? I shut my door once again and stood there for a second waiting to see if there was going to be another knock.

Not even a minute later there was a third knock at my door. I opened it expecting it to be another lonely flower to be sitting on my doorstep. But instead standing there with a third Lily in one hand and a bag of food in the other hand was Zack.

"For you." He said and handed me the flower. I took the flower and put it with the other two. I looked at them, they were absolutely beautiful.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were going to Alex's." I said with a confused yet amused look on my face.

"Well when I got your text I was disappointed. But then Alex was like why not take her food and hang out with her there. I was like Alex you're a genius. And you will be glad to know he doesn't hate you anymore!" He told me laughing.

"Well come on in and your right I am glad to hear that. I wasn't expecting this; it's so sweet of you." I said moving out of the way to let him in.

"Yeah well I wanted to see you and figured this was a simple yet romantic way." He walked passed me and peck me on the lips. "Where's your kitchen?"

"Follow me." I said walking back to the kitchen. I needed to put these flowers in a vase anyway.

"I hope you like Chinese food." He said and put the bag down on the counter. I pulled out plates and a vase that I filled with water after passing him the plates. I turned around to ask him where he got the flowers from and was shocked at how close he was.

I smiled and kissed his lips softly. I pulled away after a minute and smirked at him.

"What?" He asked when he saw the smirk plastered on my face.

"1) you taste like spearmint. 2) I'm kind of hungry. And 3) that Chinese smells amazing." I giggled.

"Well then let's eat." He grabbed my hand and his plate. We walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

"What are you watching?" He laughed looking at the TV.

"I have no idea, but I'm not watching it anymore." I picked up the remote and flipped through the channels, it landed on fuse and I put the remote down. Friday the 13th was on and it was one of my favorite movies.

We ate in almost silence only talking when we would ask each other random questions about each other. It was getting late and my eyes were getting heavy. I laid my head on Zack's chest. I felt him kiss the top of my head.

I was too tired to think of anything. Except the one question that was plaguing my mind. What were Zack and I considered now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so long.

ok you guys I really need some feed back. so I am going to request something from you. I want to get at least 5 more comments before I post the next chapter. I know you guys can do it cause I have like 30 something constant readers. So please do this small favor for me.