Just A Dream

Why'd You Have To Go?

*One week later

Today is the worst day of my life. Matt was leaving. And he might not come back.
I lay on the bed in my pajamas and watched as Matt dragged his last bag out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I sighed and played with my ring. I wanted to get married before Matt left, but he said not until he came home. That way I can plan everything the way I want it. So I can have my perfect wedding.

Matt came back and laid down next to me.

“Why so sad babe?” he asked. I gave him a look and he signed.

“You should know why I’m sad. You are leaving for god knows how long,” I said.

“It’s only six months,” he said playing with the drawstring on my pants.

“Yeah. But those six months are going to be the longest six months of my life,” I said, getting upset.

“They will fly by. Invite Jane over. You will be planning the wedding, so that should keep you busy,” he said rubbing my stomach now. I sighed.

“You better call me everyday. And write everyday too,” I said. He nodded and moved around so he could lay his head on my stomach. I smiled slightly and ran my fingers through his hair.

“You look pretty hot in your uniform though,” I said running my finger over the patch that said “Sanders”.

“You like a man in uniform huh?” he said opening his eyes. I nodded and blushed.

“We do have a couple of minutes before I have to leave…” he said sitting up. I laughed and dragged his face to mine.

“I would love to,” I said, knowing just what he meant. I kissed him deeply and pushed him backwards so he was on his back. I straddled him, never breaking the kiss. I felt his hands run up and down my thighs. Then the doorbell rang. I stopped kissing him and sighed. I got off of him and stood next to the bed with my arms crossed. Matt slowly got off the bed and came over to me.

“At least come to the door with me,” he said. I sighed again and nodded. He smiled and picked me up bridal style and carried me down to the door and set me down next to his bags. He opened the door and there stood a big man in a uniform like Matt’s.

“Matthew Sanders?” the man asked.

“Yes sir,” Matt said. They saluted each other and the man started to take Matt’s bags outside to the bus that was waiting.
I felt tears building up in my eyes. Matt grabbed me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. I wrapped mine around his neck and started to cry.

“I’ll be home soon,” he said and kissed my neck.

“Leave me something to remember you by,” I said into his ear. He smiled and started to suck and bite at my neck. I moaned into his neck as he broke the skin.

“Sir, we have to leave,” the man said. Matt pulled away from me and nodded at the man.

“Here,” he said and pulled out his dog tags. He took one off and gave it to me.

“There is a extra chain on my dresser,” he said. I nodded and gripped onto it for dear life.

“Bye baby,” he said kissing me deeply.

“Don’t say bye. It makes it seem like you won’t ever come back. It’s see you soon,” I said. He smiled and kissed me again then put on his army hat and walked outside and to the bus. I stood at the doorway, tears pouring out of my eyes. Matt stopped and turned one last time and blew me a kiss. I acted like I caught it and put it in my pocket. He smiled and got onto the bus. I watched as the bus pulled away and down the street. I watched it until it turned the corner and disappeared. I went back inside and shut the door.
I walked back up to our bedroom and found the chain Matt talked about. I slipped the dog tag onto it and put it around my neck.

I climbed back into bed and cried. I looked at the nightstand and grabbed the picture of me and Matt at prom. Which seemed like years ago, but was just last year. We were Prom King and Queen and the picture was us dancing after they announced that we got it. Our foreheads were pressed together and we were staring into each other’s eyes.
Back then everything was so simple. We started planning our lives together not long before we started High School. He remembered everything that I wanted. And he said I would get every single thing that I wished for.

But I have a feeling I won’t get them.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are nice =]