Just A Dream

Engaged

That night me and Matt were going out to dinner. Just the two of us. Which I had no problem with at all. I would rather it be just me and him then us and his friends and their girlfriends.
I looked in the mirror and smoothed out my dress. I fixed some of my hair and smiled as I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

“You look amazing tonight babe,” Matt said in my ear and kissed my bare shoulder. I turned in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“It’s all thanks to you babe. You picked this whole thing out,” I said smoothing back a piece of his hair that fell out of place. He smiled and kissed me.

“Lets get going,” he said. I nodded and let go of him and grabbed my purse. He smiled and took a hold of my hand and led me downstairs and out the front door. He led me to a Mercedes, that wasn’t there before.

“Um Matt. Who’s car is this?” I asked stopping in front of it. He smirked and turned to me.

“Yours,” he said and handed me the keys. I stood there in awe.
“Are you serious?” I asked, thinking that this was some sort of dream.

“Serious as a heart attack babe,” he said and kissed the side of my head.
I squealed and jumped on him wrapping my arms around his neck. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist and held onto me.

“Thank you so much babe,” I said and kissed him deeply.

Once we pulled away from our heated make out session, I got into the drivers seat and realized that I had no idea where we are going.

“Um Matt, you wanna drive?” I asked. He laughed and nodded. We got out and switched sides. I got into the passenger seat and smiled as Matt started the car.

I looked out the window as we drove through Huntington Beach. I started to think if we would ever do this again. Just me and Matt going out to dinner, for either birthdays or just for no reason. Would Matt come back alive, or dead? If he was to die, would it be because he was trying to save one of his men or because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time?

I shook my head and sighed. I shouldn’t think that he is going to die, because he might live and come home and give me everything that he promised.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when I saw Matt opening my door. I smiled as he held out a hand for me. I grabbed it and stepped out of the car, fixing my dress. Matt shut the door and laced his fingers trough mine and led me into the restaurant. I gasped at how fancy it was.

“Matthew, this is way to fancy. We can do to like, Friendly's or something. Not this,” I said turning to him. He shook his head.

“No. This is for you babe. I only give the best to my baby. And you’ve been my only baby, so yeah. You deserve this,” he said rambling on. I laughed and kissed his cheek. We walked up to the host and Matt told him his name.

“Okay sir, right this way,” he said and we followed him to the back of the restaurant and outside onto the deck over looking the ocean.

Matt pulled out the chair for me. I smiled and sat down. He went around and sat down himself.

“What would you like to drink tonight?” The waiter said.

“Water is fine,” I said.

“Water too,” Matt said. The waiter nodded and walked back inside. I looked around and realized that we were the only ones out here.

“Matt, did you rent out this whole deck?” I asked looking at him. He nodded.

“I told you. You get the best,” he said. I smiled and blew him a kiss. He smiled too and blushed.

“Awwe, little Matty just blushed,” I said. He laughed and threw a piece of bread at me. I gasped and looked at him.

“How dare you,” I said and threw a whole roll at him. He laughed and stopped when the waiter came back with our drinks.

“Are you ready to order?” he asked us. Matt ordered for me. Getting god knows what for him. The waiter walked away again and I looked out over the ocean. The moon and the stars were reflecting on the water.

“It’s so beautiful,” I said.

“I know something that’s even more beautiful,” Matt said. I turned my head and looked at him. He smiled and got up and came over to me, holding out his hand.
“May I have this dance?” he asked.

“But there isn’t any music,” I said putting my napkin on my plate.

“We don’t need music,” he said. I grabbed his hand and followed him over to where the dance floor would be at a wedding or something. I wrapped my left arm around his shoulder as he wrapped his right arm around my waist. He held onto my right hand and started to rock us back and forth.

I sighed and rested my head against his chest and looked at our linked hands. They fit perfectly together. Everything about us did. We were the same, but different at the same time.

“Babe,” he said and pulled back some. I looked up at him.

“You know I love you right?” He said. I nodded my head and felt my heart beat faster.

“You will do anything for me right?” he said. I nodded again. He signed and pulled away fully.
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black box. I gasped. He got down on one knee and grabbed my left hand.

“Taylor Reene Henderson, will you marry me?” he asked opening the box to reveal the ring. I felt tears run down my cheeks and nodded. He smiled and slipped it onto my finger. He got up off his knee and I jumped on him, like earlier that night and started to cry.

“I love you,” he said. Spinning me around.

“I love you too,” I said and kissed him deeply once we stopped spinning.