Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Tearing Apart Hearts and Lives

Kailli’s POV

My screams of Donovan’s name soon wore out and I was place on the cold ground.

My wolf stood above me looking worried.

“You have no right!” I screamed at him,

I should be with Donovan dying like he was.

I didn’t belong here, I shouldn’t be protected by them.

“Take me back to him, I should be dying with him!” I stood and screamed as the wolf just stood there looking upon me with sad eyes.

“I don’t belong here! I don’t belong with you! We’re supposed to me mortal enemies!” with that I started hitting him, feebly.

If I had my old strength back I would be doing damage to him but I didn’t, I was practically human.

I didn’t give up, I just kept hitting and hitting and hitting him until he grabbed my wrists restraining me.

He pulled me into his chest and hugged me to him.

There was no comfort in this as he smelt horrible and he loved me.

I pushed him away and took a few steps back.

“You smell” I whispered my back hitting a tree. I slid down in and sat at its base with my head in my hands.

“You don’t smell to me” he came closer, the smell getting worse again.

“Another wolf thing probably” I mumbled trying to figure out how I could escape with Donovan, but everything included me being strong again.

“Kailli stay with me please?” he was on his knees in front of me practically begging.

I shook my head “I can’t, I really don’t belong” he and I both knew it but he wouldn’t let me go.

“I need you now, I will follow you to the end of the world, I would do anything for you” his voice so tender, so loving spoke nothing but the truth.

There was only one thing I would trade for staying with him,

Donovan’s life.

“There’s one thing, only one thing I will ask of you. If you do this for me I will stay with you, forever, or until you die.”

I knew he would say yes to anything I asked and I had to ready myself to spend eternity with him.

“What is it?” he asked hesitantly, “Free Donovan, let him live and I sill stay with you.”

For once in my life I wasn’t being selfish, for once in my life I cared about someone other than myself.

“Okay” he whispered placing his hand on my cheek, I flinched from the smell but slowly replaced my cheek in his hand.

“I will get used to it,” I promised, for Donovan I think I would do anything at the moment.

“I will go and release him then” and then my wolf disappeared, I had to remember to ask his name.

I was left in the middle of nowhere with nothing.

I got up and as fast as I could and followed my wolf’s scent.

I don’t know if he meant for me to not follow him but I had to see Donovan one last time.

I finally got to the camp, he had taken me pretty far away.

The sun was not up yet and I hoped that Donovan had made it this far and that they didn’t kill him last night or else my plan was dead, like him.

I stood in the middle of the wolves’ camp scanning every boy for the one that was my wolf.

One of them came up to me “Are you looking for Kale or your vampire friend?” he laughed at the mention of Donovan.

I glared at him “Kale” I replied hoping that he meant my wolf as I didn’t know his name.

“He’s with his father in that tent,” he pointed towards the tent at the front that was heavily guarded.

“His father is your leader isn’t he?” I asked as it began to make sense.

Kale a.k.a my wolf could only be sure that he would be able to release Donovan because he was the leader’s son and that was how he was also allowed to keep me around.

“Yes” the wolf replied with a laugh and then disappeared.

The speed of which he disappeared reminded me I needed to feed but there was nothing around here, and no human’s came near.

If I stay with Kale I wondered if he’d actually let me feed off of humans? This was going to be interesting.

He came out of his father’s tent and looked at me surprised but then carried on around the corner.

I just noticed then the sun was breaking the horizon and I was standing in an open area.

I ran to the shadows and then crept along them until I found where everyone was.

There was a circle of them right in front of me, I glanced towards the sun and saw it wasn’t quiet up yet.

I slid between the wolves many of them jumping back away from me and stood next to Kale.

“Release him.” Kale spoke up and that when I was the convulsing burning body of Donovan.

He was dying, again and his eyes were glued to me.

Howls erupted from around me, I ran from them and into the trees.

I couldn’t stand the howling and I couldn’t stand the smell of Donovan’s burning flesh.

I stood watching as he fell against a tree and then a wolf told him he was free.

Free to leave and go back to his camp, where I would never go again.

He walked towards me now, his skin was scarred and it didn’t look like it was healing very fast.

He looked as strong as I was now.

“Come on, let’s go.” He whispered to me, I wanted to go with him to much but I knew I couldn’t, not now.

I didn’t die, I saw her, she could be mine…

I wanted to be his too, more than ever, now that I realised it.

All it took was seeing him being ripped apart by a pack of wolves.

“I can’t.” I whispered in reply, I didn’t trust my voice with anything else.

My chest felt heavy but empty.

He wasn’t letting her leave.

I’ll kill him.


It was and wasn’t Kale’s fault.

Yes he wasn’t really going to let me leave but I could have tried, now there was no option.

I traded in my life with vampires for his life.

I cleared my throat trying to get rid of the lump it had formed “I-I don’t want to. Tell Emery I died or something.” I replied my voice betraying me on my last word.

I was doing this to save his life.

He nodded taking my word for it and turned away.

I didn’t want him to leave but I knew I could and shouldn’t stop him.

He was going back to what he knew

To revenge the death of Lilly.

The one and only girl, I ever really loved.

I never knew the real power words or thoughts could have until he thought that.

A sob escaped my throat, I couldn’t let him know what I felt for him, he could never know now.

I coughed covering my laps in façade and then he disappeared from my sight and probably my life.

I fell to the ground bringing my knees up to my chin and sat there until Kale came.

“Come we’re moving” he told me and then picked me up in his arms and threw blanket over my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!
*sob* she's with the wolves now...