Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Nothing Could Fell This Good

Kailli’s POV

Donovan and I sat in each others arms as vampires and wolves left.

He pulled away from me a little and brought out his necklace which I have actually only seen the string of.

“Kailli” he whispered. I didn’t like the sound of that.

Even though I had gotten my memorise back I didn’t like it, it didn’t sound right.

I like Rose, not Kailli I had lived my last two years as Rose not Kailli.

“Yes Donovan?” I replied not making a fuss, this wasn’t the time.

“Will you marry me?” my heart stopped.

My memories I had gotten back never carried the right feelings with them.

Never felt real, never this good.

Nothing could fell this good, nothing.

My mind was moving too fast for my mouth to make words.

I simply nodded my heart trying to remember this moment forever, never to be taken away from me no matter what happened.

Donovan’s eyes sparkled, as the sky got lighter.

He hugged me in his arms the both of us clutching each other like we were about to be parted.

I pulled away and kissed him.

A kiss I had wanted for so long.

A kiss that caused so much pain to get to but one that quelled so much more.

I loved Donovan.

I remember the first time I realised that too, surrounded by wolves watching him be torn.

I gave my life for his now I will give my life to him.

I had promised once that I would give my life to Kale for Donovan’s but that promise is gone now.

I’m not the same person really.

As I remember everything that happened before I went to sleep I see how much I’ve changed.

I see how hurtful and spiteful I was.

I may be a vampire but I don’t have to be that way.

I was heartless and selfish.

Part of being a vampire maybe about being selfish but I don’t want to be like that and I figured that out when I was still the Kailli Donovan knew.

I gave my life for him.

The uncertainty about me, my life to come, about how much I’ve changed started to frighten me.

“I love you so much Kailli” he whispered in my ear making me shudder.

“Donovan it’s Rose now, not Kailli” this was my test whether or not this would work.

He pulled away looking at me confused.

“You highness the sun is coming we must move” one of his men shouted alarmed.

Before I could turn around to look at the sun Donovan had me in his arms and shot to the forest.

We sat there after he sent his men away and talked.

I told him how Mikhail had found me in the waterfall.

How he was swimming in the small pool and saw the glint of pale white skin in the moonlight.

Mikhail was a nomadic vampire and he was ‘vegetarian’.

The only reason I survived was because of the diet I had procured.

I had lost a lot of blood after the attach but Kale had stopped it, just in time, well for me.

If I had been on a normal diet of human blood I would have died but with animal blood I was able to go into hibernation.

It’s a very rare thing to happen since most vampires hunt humans and if they are on the brink of dying normal they were left as they were, never woken up.

Mikhail knew of the hibernating stage and knew how to wake someone up, it was as simple as keeping them.

When I woke I didn’t remember a thing.

Mikhail taught me everything and tried to get me to remember things but I couldn’t.

He kept me away from the war, the war about me and the one thing that held all my memorises.

Seeing Kale and Donovan at either end of the treaty grounds was a shook to my system, it held so many memorise it hurt.

Now I was better.

I knew of everything that had happened and was happening.

I felt complete.

Especially in Donovan’s arms holding me tight.