Status: Very, very long hiatus.

She Was Something Special

I'll Be There When The World Falls Down

I sat there in the living room, spending time with my family and band mates. Remember when I told you about Mom asking me to live in Illinois again? I haven’t made up my mind, and I had a week left.

The others were laughing at a joke that William threw at Jason. I wasn’t really paying attention, so I didn’t laugh.

“I’m thirsty,” I muttered before standing up to go to the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter, staring blankly at the refrigerator.

“Hey,” William joined me in the kitchen and sat on the counter next to me. “What’s up?”

“What’s what?”

“Alanna, there’s something wrong with you.”

“No there isn’t.”

“Stop lying. I’m your brother and even though we’re 4 years apart I know you so well.”

I sighed. I needed someone else’s opinion on this, anyway.

“Mom asked me to live here again,” I told him.

“Oh.”

“Yeah. I’m really confused. I miss living in here but I can’t leave my band in Milwaukee.”

“Then tell me, what do you want? What do you really, really want?”

I bit my lower lip; a habit I always do when I’m thinking hard.

“I want to be with Sisky…” I muttered.

“And you got the answer—“

“But I’ll go insane without those guys!” I shrieked. “They’re the most amazing people I’ve ever met.”

“And you’re saying that we’re not amazing?” He cocked an eyebrow.

“Not that,” I sighed. “Have you been in my situation, Bill?”

He pouted his lips thoughtfully. A habit of him when he’s thinking hard. “Nope.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re not helping.”

“Sis,” he said as he opened the refrigerator and took out a glass from the cupboard. “If I were you, I’d stay here.” He poured a jug of tea into the glass and skipped back to the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title taken from "friends" by red car wire.

not my best, so sorry.

two-hundred twenty-five readers.
forty-two subscribers.
fifty-four comments.