Beating The Odds

Beating the Odds.

6 Years Later

“Mommy! Matt threw a football at my head!” A 6-year-old Hope yelled running into the kitchen. I turned around and my heart broke as she ran to me in tears. I kneeled down and hugged her.

“She is lying momma!” Matthew yelled running into the kitchen. I sighed and looked at him. He had a small grin on his face.

“Go to your room,” I said pointing to the stairs.

“But mom!” he yelled stomping his foot. I shook my head and pointed again. He groaned and stomped up the stairs. I picked up Hope and put her on the counter. I went into the freezer and got an Ice Pack and handed it to her. She put it on the side of her head where he hit her. I kissed her cheek and got her something to eat.

“Hey babe,” Matt said walking into the kitchen. I turned and smiled at him and finished making Hope a sandwich.

“Awe baby, What happened?” He said walking over to Hope.

“Matthew hit me in the head with a football,” she said. He pulled the ice pack away and kissed where he hit her.

“Better?” he asked. She smiled and nodded. I smiled as he hugged her and kissed her cheek. He pulled her off of the counter and I handed her the plate and she ran off into the living room. We watched her until she was on the couch. He turned towards me and smiled.

“How are you guys?” He asked walking over to me and rubbing my swollen stomach. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Tired, sore, did I say tired?” I said laughing. He laughed and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and deepened it some more.

Yes, I am pregnant again. Just with one this time. We have been trying for about a year. We knew that it might not happen, but we would try. And it did. Once again, we are beating the odds.

Matt pulled away and kissed my forehead.

“Go take a nap babe, I’ll make dinner,” he said. I nodded and walked away. He smacked my ass as I turned around. I laughed and kept going. I walked up the stairs and walked into our bedroom. I smiled and laid down in the bed.

“Momma?” I heard a voice say as they opened up the door.

“Come on,” I said to Matthew. He shut the door behind him and climbed into bed.

“I know I’m supposed to be in my room, sorry, but I wanted to lay with you,” he said. I just nodded and wrapped my arm around him as he laid down by me.

“You need to start treating your sister better. You can’t keep hurting her. Because she will turn around and hurt you too. I don’t want you guys fighting all the time,” I said running my fingers through his dark brown hair.

“I know Momma, I’m sorry,” he said.

“It’s okay. Oh, the baby is moving, wanna feel?” I said. He shot up and nodded. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. His eyes lit up when he felt it kick.

“Wow…” he said. I just smiled as he laid his head down on my stomach.

“Hey little baby, I’m gonna be your big brother,” he said into my stomach. I just smiled down at him.

“Okay baby, I need to take a nap,” I said. He nodded and curled up next to me. I smiled and fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - -

“Babe, get up,” Matt said shaking me. I groaned and opened my eyes. He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

“Dinner is ready babe,” he said. I nodded and he helped me sit up. I stretched and yawned. We walked down the stairs and into the dinning room. I gasped when I saw the table.

“Baby,” I said turning to him. He smiled and kissed me.

“Happy Anniversary,” he said. I smiled and looked at the table again. There was a white tablecloth over the table with red, white and pink rose peddles across the table, two candles in the middle of the table and our wedding song playing in the background. He made a big turkey with everything. Mash potatoes, gravy, and sweet potatoes. Everything that would be at Thanksgiving was there. Because my favorite food was everything at Thanksgiving. I’m weird, I know.

“This is amazing baby,” I said kissing him deeply. He smiled and kissed back rougher. I giggled and pulled away.

He pulled out my chair for me and I sat down. He sat next to me and we dug in.

Life couldn’t get any better. My husband is wonderful, I have two amazing kids that I thought I would never have, and I have one on the way. I am beating the odds, once again.
Life is wonderful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the story! =]