Her Escape

Becoming Part of Something New

Jade Emerged from the bathroom in a pair of Mikey’s black sweat pants and his hoodie sweat shirt.
“Moring Thanks for the coffee. Nice Outfit” he snorted looking her up and down.
“What there comfy.” Jade said with a cute and innocent face.
Mikey just laughed as she walked over and grabbed her cell phone, then sneaking up on Mikey throwing her arms around his neck and kissing him gracefully, when they stopped for a breath, their faces just inches apart Jade said excitedly.
“I’ll be right back”. She walked off the bus dialing a number and placing it to her ear just before she closed the door quietly behind her. Mikey just stood there dumb founded for a minute or two before picking up his own phone. Jade came back on the bus to hear…
“ Ok…see you in ten…thanks” as he hung up the phone and looked up to see Jade coming up the few steps onto the bus.
“Come on you have ten minutes to get ready.” He smiled
“Where are we going?” Jade was confused and his smirk didn’t make things seem better.
“To get something to eat. Come on go!”
“Okay Okay way to be pushy” she joked with a sinister smirk.
Just as Mikey was about to make some sort of smart remark, Jade quickly turned around and shot a picture of him about to speak.
“Oh that’s one for the wall!” she laughed
“Shhh everyone in still sleeping…” he pretended to be serious and held his finger to his lips trying to get Jade to move quicker.
“Okay Okay” she whispered once again.
She crept into the bunk area grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans, a black band t-shirt, sunglasses, and her makeup, Changing in the kitchen while Mikey jumped in the shower. Attempting to apply make-up in the slight reflection of the tinted bus windows was not such an easy task but she managed. Just when she was in the middle of her eyeliner and Mikey emerged from the bathroom fully dressed, his wet hair seemingly pasted to his head, there was a knock at the bus door.
“I’ll get it!” Mikey abruptly said lunging for the door. A man handed him a set of keys, gave a fake smile and then turned and left.
“Ready?” He asked now looking at Jade
“Yeah lets go” She smiled and kiss him on the cheek on her way past.
Grabbing the sweat shirt she had been wearing before and a black and white stripped hand bag, that reminded her of prison, and the couple walked of the bus fingers entwined together. Once again there was an olden black Plymouth convertible, with red interior, awaiting her outside the bus. A smile stretched itself across her face as she turned to Mikey and Kissed him excitedly. Once on the road heading in the direction of downtown L.A Jade asked
“So where exactly are we going to eat?” she raised one eyebrow trying to mimic the look Mikey pastes on his face when he is confused.
“I thought we’d stop by Pinkberry’s and then meet Jess and Megan after.” Mikey states causally
Jade abruptly turns her head in shock towards Mikey
“How did you know about Jess and Megan?”
“I have my ways.” He gave an evil enriched smile, which enticed Jade to giggle slightly.
“Ah that’s why I love you.” She laughed
“Oh and I thought you were just with me for me good looks.”

Three Days Later Back In Jersey
As the cab pulled up to a small house in a low end section of Jersey, the air was dense and hot with the scent of a polluted summer. School was long out and the kids where playing on the streets. As Gerard opened the door to the house holding his childhood, Jade swiftly grabbed Mikey’s hand squeezing it with all her might to let him know she was terrified of what his family would think of her. Sensing her fear he turned around to face her, pulling her into a warm embrace. She could smell the sweat that his body was producing in the humid air, but in some way it comforted her, being in his arms always made her stronger.
“I love you. They will too, just be yourself.”
She smiled relaxing her grip but not letting go.
“I love you too”
Gerard turns and abruptly adds
“And I love food can we go in now?”
Jade shoots him a lovely angry look and sarcastically answers with a slight laugh hidden in her voice
“Yes fatty”
The next few minutes were mostly a blur of warm welcomes she almost didn’t expect. They accepted her the second she walked through the door, she was almost jealous of how close they were as a family. Everything seemed to be just the way it should be. She fit in perfectly and everyone was happy to meet her, and happy she was with their son. She felt wanted; she felt at home, a feeling that she never really was able to experience before she meet the guys. Before long they were all gathered around a long dinner table laughing and passing around Mrs. Way’s wonderful home cooked meal.
As they ate they got to know Jade a little better, asking questions about.
“How did you two meet?” Mrs. Way was the first to indicate the conversation
“At the Bamboozle Festival, I was in the crowd.” Jade smiled as she looked over to see Mikey’s face brighten remembering the first time he laid eyes on her.
“Well we are all very happy to have you.” Mrs. Way added with a lovely motherly smile.
“Thank that means the world to me.” Jade really meant every word she felt as if she had a family again.
“As Mikey had the pleasure of meeting your parents Jade?” Mr. Way Asked taking a sip of his cola.
“My parents have past away.” Jade answered and he voice trailed off to a soft whisper as she looked down.
“Oh dear I am so sorry you had to deal with such tragedy at such a youthful age.” Mrs. Way interrupted at the site of Mr. Way’s bewildered face.

She looks to Mikey and is able to find comfort in his presence. Attempting to lift the mood Gerard enters the conversation.
“Hey Mum Jade’s a writer, she’s pretty good too.”
“Oh is that so. I would love to read some of your work. Do you happen to have anything published that I might be familiar with?”
“Nah, I never really saw it as a career. Or that I was good enough to publish it. Writing is more of a release for me.”

As they started to clear the table all the guys got up and went to walk away, Jade shot Mikey a look and he started to pitch in. Mrs. Way was shocked and stated sweetly,
“Don’t worry about this I got it, go have fun. It’s your first day home.”
She took the dishes out of their hands and lovingly suggested
“Mikey why don’t you show Jade where she is going to be staying…”
Before Jade could get a word in she was being swept downstairs to Mikey’s room. Once behind closed doors Mikey pulled her in close and kissed her passionately.
“I love kissing you. I could just stay like this forever.” Mikey said sweetly and half out of breath as he pulled away to catch his breath.
He still held Jade close to his body and her hands rest firmly on his curvy hips, which were slightly girlish but positively divine.
“Your too sweet.” Jade smiled playfully biting the corner of her lip.
She leaned in for another kiss when there was a knock at the door, and soon after Gerard’s voice came trailing in the dark atmosphere from the other side.
“Hey guys were all going to get ice cream and I know how much Jay loves those twisty cones.”
They could tell he was smirking through the door. Jade’s face lit up at the thought of a soft vanilla and chocolate ice cream cone. And Mikey grinned knowing that they were going.
“Yeah were coming we will be up in a minute.”
“Hurry up and get your close on were leaving” Jade giggle opening the door and playfully punching him in the stomach.
The three hurried up the stairs and piled in the back of the car as Mr. Way drove down the street to Rita’s Ice Cream. They scurried out and sat at one of the three round plastic tables.
“My treat what do you’ll want?” Gerard got up and asked.
“Chocolate cone” Mrs. Way answered
“Vanilla for me” Mr. Way piped in.
“Best of both worlds for me” Jade smiled
“I’ll share hers” Mikey said as he looked over to Jade and smiled as if asking for permission, then kissing her on the forehead.
In the setting summer sunlight Jade’s eyes caught every glistening ray and illuminated them in spectacular shades of blue. When she smiled the earth was reborn and paused. Mikey was captivated by every aspect of her.
Until Jade slyly put ice cream on her finger and whipped in slowly across his check. When she saw a shocked expression weasel its way across his face she smiled out of pure joy and laughed sinisterly to herself. Mikey’s face then melted into a smirk as he dipped his finger into the ice cream cone returning the favor. Jade quickly shot up from her seat and started running away, knowing exactly what was coming. Mikey chased her around until he finally caught her as she attempted to turn the corner. They wrestled each other to the ground on a small patch of green grass; laughing and smothering the others face in ice cream. Jade ended up straddling Mikey’s hips holding him down. She lowered her head kissing the ice cream off his check and smiled playfully to herself.
“Emmm yummy” she teased.
Mikey had to laugh as he stood up knocking Jade onto the ground which resulted in a disgruntled look plastered across her face, until he offered his hand to help her up. \
While they were at the water fountain getting cleaned up from their mini war, Gerard, Mrs. Way, and Mr. Way were back at the table talking.
“I’ve never seen him so happy” Mrs. Way smiled
“Yeah she has been really good for him.” Gerard answered looking over at his brother and Jade at the water fountain.
“I’m glad he got over Anna I never liked her.” Mr. Way belted.
“And Jade is so beautiful, and I can tell b y the look in her eyes that she really loves him” Mrs. Way stated
“Yeah, she does. She has been through a lot though. Mikey has brought her back to life just as much as she has him.” Gerard informed.
“What do you mean” Mrs. Way wondered
“Well her mom just died about a month ago, her dad died when she was 16, and he brother hates her and moved away to college. She really only has the guys has her family.”
“That’s so sad. I can’t believe her mother died just a month ago.” Mrs. Way gasped in surprise
Just then the couple came walking back, wet but clean, holding hands laughing. Everyone at the table was silent and wearing fake smiles, both Mikey and Jade caught on and said simultaneously
“What?” curiously.
“Nothing, nothing come on lets go. I have some old friends to meet up with later.” Gerard hinted for them to leave.
“Really…who are you hanging out with tonight?” Mikey questioned
“Well Eliza is coming over in about an hour and we are spending the night in the city. You two want to join?” Gee answers
Jade looks over to Mikey who smiles with this, with this she runs behind Gee and jumps on his back.
“Sure we would love to tag along.”
“Uhh…damn Jay how much Ice cream did you eat?” Gee jokingly taunted, grabbing her thighs to keep her from tumbling to the ground.
He continued walking to the car until a young girl, who must have been about 13 years old came over and asked Gee for his autograph. Jade gently hopped off his back and retreated into Mikey’s arms, until the young girl came over an inquired…
“I hate to bother you Jade but can I have a picture with you?”
Jade was astonished she was asked and happily agreed. She the two girls posed while Mikey shot the photograph. Jade was amazed someone even knew who she was never mind wanted a picture with her. After saying good bye, they continued to the car and finally back to the Ways.
“Hey Gee do I have time to shower before we leave I smell like airplane and public water fountain?” Jade asked jokingly
“Yeah, Eliza wouldn’t be here for an hour so do whatever you have to do to make yourself all Purdy”
“K…I will” She stuck out her tongue and retreated to the downstairs with Mikey.
Jade waltzed her way into Mikey’s room.
“Hey babe you going to shower or change before we go?” Jade hinted to Mikey
A sinister grin spread across Mikey’s face.
“I could always shower with you…” He hinted moving closer to Jade and wrapping his arms around her waist while playing with the belt loops on her jeans.
“Mikey, we don’t have time for that plus we are in your parent’s house.” Jade began to whisper embarrassedly towards the end of her statement.
Mikey’s grin quickly slipped away to a sad pout. Jade saw this and felt guilty, dropping her bag she walked over towards the bed where Mikey was sitting, When she came in with-in arms length Mikey placed his hands back on her hips. Leaning down she gave him one passionate kiss that could electrify an entire city. As she walked out of the room with a smile inching across her face Mikey still sat on the bed with a face full of amazement. Twenty minutes later Jade sprung from the bathroom in her classic black skinny jeans, band t-shirt with a knee length casual dress placed over it, and her ever worn out black converse.
“Alright now you shower, I’ll pack our bag for the night.”
“K. love you baby!” Mikey smiled a toothy childish grin and walked out of the room.
“Love you too”
A large ding noise was heard throughout the house.
‘That must be Eliza’ Jade thought to herself. ‘
“Gee she’s here!” Jay called up the stairs. But there was no movement or answer, she started up the stairs. Just as her hand touched the door knob the ding came again. Jade opened the door and standing before her was a pale, skinny girl, about 24 or so, short white blonde hair and soft blue eyes. She had curves and dressed them in blue skinny jeans; a hunter green and black stripped t-shirt, topped with a black head band. For a few seconds they both stared at each other confused.
“You must be Eliza. Come in Gee is around here somewhere.” Jade gave smile and Eliza stepped forward into eh house.
“And you are…?”
“Oh sorry yeah, I’m Jay Mikey’s girlfriend.” Jade stuck out her hand offering a shake.
The situation was getting awkward just as Gerard came into view.
“Hey babe, how was your flight?” He leaned in and kissed her check quickly.
“Alright kind of long.”
“Oh well I see you have meet Jay here.” Gerard smiled and tilted his head towards Jade, who smiled back but felt like she was intruding into something slightly hostel.
“I have to go finish getting Mikey’s stuff together.” Jade spoke as she eased herself down the stairs leaving Gerard alone with Eliza in front of the still open front door.