The Black parade

I don't love you

She stood there, in our path. A white shining sonnet amongst the gloom. The band became silent, as if to reflect upon her gaping beauty.

They all knelt down, and as she grew nearer, Virgil knelt down and lowered his head.
I remained standing, unsure if I myself should kneel before the hellish angel.
She stopped only a couple paces from me, and beckoned me to her.

I took a few steps closer, still unsure of myself. She nodded her head, reassuring me, and I commenced.

When I reached her, I wanted to speak, but she silenced me with a gentle finger to my lips, her fingers feeling icy cold.
I nodded and lowered my gaze from her.

"When you go, don't ever think I'll try to make you stay. And maybe when you get back, I'll be off to find another way."

I shook my head heavily, "I know Grace, I know that I wasn't worth loving, that I hurt you real bad, and that-"

She cut me off, "And after all this time you still owe me, you're still a good-for-nothing, I don't know.."

"You better get out while you can," I pleaded, offering her my hand.

She brushed it away, "When you go, would you even turn to say.."

"I don't love...like I did...yesterday.."

she nodded sadly, "Sometimes..I cry so hard from pleading...so sick of all the needless beating..but baby...when they knock you.."

"Down..and out..." the words hurting me..

"It's...it's where you oughta stay..." She said, a black tear dripping down her porcelain chin.

I grit my teeth and squeezed my eyes tight.

"And after all the blood that you still owe me...another one of your dollars is just another blow to me..just get up..."

Her eyes were so sad, but not once did they blink.

I couldn't look at her, my chest hurt so badly...so fuckin badly....it felt as though my heart was caving in on itself.

"When you go....would you have the guts to say...." She said, her voice tight and quiet.

"I don't love you, like I loved you...yesterday..." I choked on my whisper...my hand tightly clenching my chest.

She was silent, and I didn't realize she had left until after I looked up.

She was gone...forever....