Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 1

Mason’s POV

Home sweet home. Wonderful. I already miss Blaire. She is my everything-and she was probably still on the plane to Boston. I’d give her an hour. She should be home by then.
“Hi honey. How was tour?” Mom said hugging me and kissing my cheek.
“It was good. Great actually. I wanted to talk to you about something.” I felt the nervousness build up in my stomach. Am I sure I want to ask mom about this? Would I rather ask dad? I’ll ask both. That’s a good idea.
“What do you need honey?” She said in the motherly voice everyone ‘loves’. Right now its getting annoying. I would never tell her that though. I’m 19, not 12.
“Y-You know Blaire, the girl who tours with Boys Like Girls. Blaire Donahue?”
“Yes honey, your girlfriend. Go on.” She said.
“I-I wanna marry her mom.” Her jaw dropped.
“A-Are you sure, because I would think it’d be better off waiting until you turn 21 or something, but…I don’t know.” She said stuttering.
“Mom, I love her. So much. More than anyone will know. I just…I don’t know if I should wait, or if things have already fallen into place and all.”
“Honey, your father said the same thing to your grandpa all those years back. We were older. You need to think this over. And who is her cousin…Brian or whatever?”
“Mom, her brother is Bryan Donahue.”
“What my point is-do you really think for one minute I’d give you permission to marry at 19 years?!? Yeah right! You don’t know what love is, Mason. Love is something that you will find out when you’re older!” she yelled.
“Mom I’m 19! When will I be ‘older’! I already can move out of the house! You baby me and Mitchell. You don’t need two momma’s boys! I love Blaire, and whatever you say won’t change that! Even if ou won’t give me permission now, when I come of age I can marry whoever! Blaire Faith Donahue is my love. I do not care what you think love is, because she’s my love like dad’s yours! You don’t even barely know her!”
“How dare you even say that. How dare you young man. She’s grown up with a rocker boy. All she knows is heartbreak and foolery. She isn’t what she shows.”
“Mom. Don’t go there. Blaire and Bryan are not like others. And I’m a rocker boy. Therefore all I know is heartbreak and foolery? Blaire is perfect. She’s perfect than any prep you always seem to set me up with! Blaire is perfect for me. She’s got the same style as me. She listens to the same music as me. And also she supports me. She doesn’t care if I am not this big shot with all the money in the world! She supports my voice, and my talent, and you should respect that I love her.”
“Honey, love is an illusion. Just so you know, if you think for one minute I’m going to let you marry her now, you’ve got another thought coming mister. Don’t you go talk to your dad about marrying her, because if you do this’ll end up being the end of Metro Station. You hear me?”
“Loud and not so clear.” I mumbled as I went to my room. Nothing was going to stop my plans. I packed enough for years. I don’t care what mom thinks. Maybe dad can clear things up with mom. Dad seemed to think she was awesome. I walked down the stairs to the front door and walked to the spacious front yard. My dad was sitting with Mitchell on the grass, seemed like they were launching mini helicopters with a little boy that lived next door.
“Mason! How was tour? Lets go for a walk.” I nodded and did a short wave to Mitchell and the little boy. My dad started walking and I jogged up to him. “I heard you and your mom. What was this I heard about Blaire?”
“I want to-to marry her dad. I love her so much.”
“Now son, I know you love her more than you can explain, but for advice, buddy to buddy, I would wait.”
“How long?”
“You’re 19 now, she’s 18, right?”
“Yes, she turns 19 in December.”
“Okay, so now it’s almost November. So her birthday is coming up. Wait until she’s 20 or so. Wait about a year, believe me. Then I will give you permission to marry her. But talk to Bryan, he can help you with those decisions.”
“Thanks dad. That really helped. Mom just started putting Blaire down, and saying that Blaire was just a heartbreaker and that I knew nothing about her and-“
“And you got angry because you love her.”
“Yeah.”
“Same with my mom.” He said chuckling.
“Dad, I’m going to Boston.”
“Go and be with her son. Go ahead. Bryan and Blaire, they both need you there. Didn’t their parents die in a fire? Being in that house will make her depressed. You watch after her, because we’re going to meet her before you propose” Propose. Why did that make my stomach do flips? Thinking of marrying her was one thing, by propose was one big word. But I’m not going to back down. If I want to marry her, I will when the time is right.
“Thanks dad, I’ll keep in touch.”
“You better.” He said smiling. He held out his hand for me to shake, and I took it. I felt older now. My dad is my hero and I want to be like him when I become his age. It meant a lot. He offered me a ride to the airport and I went to go talk to Mitchell while dad was telling mom. Next thing I know I was on a plane to Boston, and texting Bryan that I wanted to surprise Blaire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooaaaahhhhh I am lovin Mr.Musso.
Mrs.Musso is stupiddddddddddd.
Anyway, I'm writing more.
Comment.