Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 13

Mason’s POV
“Hey Mason,” Bryan asked sitting next to me on the couch in his hangout. Blaire was gone to a meeting for the merchandise plans for the next tour.
“Hey Bryan,” I said setting my guitar in the case.
“Like the gift?”
“Yeah. I love it. I cant believe Blaire would go to all that trouble just for me.”
“You know, she really loves you.”
“Yeah.”
“Dude, are you going to propose?”
“Whenever my mom decides to approve Blaire I will.”
“What? Your mom doesn’t approve?”
“No. My dad does, but my mom says that Blaire’s just acting.”
“Hm,” he said walking up the stairs. Uh oh.

Bryan’s POV
I dialed the number carefully.
“Hello? Mason? Did she break up with you? I told you it was an act.”
“Um, Mrs. Musso? This is Bryan Donahue.”
“Oh. Her…ex?”
“Her brother.” I said through gritted teeth.
“Oh. Well what do you want?”
“I want Mason to be able to propose to Blaire whenever he feels.”
“Well that’s impossible, because I won’t approve.”
“Look, I don’t know your life, you don’t know mine, but we both care about the welfare of Mason or Blaire. Mason loves Blaire and Blaire loves Mason with all her heart. She treats him wonderfully. I’m willing to approve if you’re willing to approve.”
“Considering that Mason isn’t the one going on and on about Blaire, he seems so love struck, I approve, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to get married. Long engagement. And he can propose next year if it’s alright with your uncle and aunt.”
“Thank you Mrs. Musso, and I can’t wait to talk to you again sometime.”
“Thank you Mr. Donahue.”
Click.
Victory dance time.

Mason’s POV
I leaned back on the couch and rubbed my face with my hands. I couldn’t believe what Bryan was doing. I didn’t know what he was doing, but it could end up with either Mom, or more importantly, Blaire would hate me.
‘This circle never ends…’ I heard Hayley’s voice boom from my cell phone.
‘Hey Mason, I’m on my 5 minute lunch break. What are you up to?’
‘Hey Blaire. Nothing really. I forgot to ask-Mitchell wanted to come up and visit with his gf. Bryan said it was okay with him.’
‘Okay, I have no problem with it. :].’
‘Cool.’
‘Are you okay? You don’t seem to be texting like normal.’
‘I’m okay, just tired.’
‘Well go ahead and take a nap, I’ve got to get back to the meeting. 15 minutes left :] love you.’
‘Love you.’ I smiled and Bryan came through the door smiling.
“You can propose” he said smiling.
“What? My mom never approved.”
“Now she did. Thanks to Bryan, Blaire’s ‘ex’.” He said putting ‘ex’ in air quotes.
“I told her brother.” I said laughing.
“Well. Are you going to propose this year?”
“I don’t think so. I think I’ll wait until next year. You know? Like on her birthday. As soon as the clock strikes midnight.”
“That’s a neat idea, considering her birthday is on New Years Eve that works out perfectly.”
“Yeah. Am I in over my head?” I asked, hoping for a true answer.
“What do you mean by that?”
“Am I making something out of nothing. It seems so simple to just get on one knee and throw a ring on her finger.”
“You’re not in over your head. You’re just…debating? I think that’s the word I’m looking for.” He said laughing.
“Thanks Bryan. For everything. Letting me date your sister and possibly propose. It means a lot.”
“No problem buddy,” he said patting my back quickly, “Blaire should be home soon, stick in there.” He smiled and I smiled back. Yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe-sorry, long time since an update. Too much workkkk.
I'm seeing Twilight the day it comes out with my frann and my mom.
On my birthday (which IS New Years Eve :]) I'm having a party.
I'm happy :]
-B