Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 15

Blaire’s POV

I was getting ready for a fun day. Mason went to hang out with Trace for a while, so I was getting ready for the rest of the day. We were going to hang out with our friends on the game floor.
After I finished my shower and got dressed, I started my mess of hair. I was brushing it when I heard Ryan come in.
“Hey you.” I said, still brushing the knots out of my hair.
“Hey, I came to chat, since, you know, Mason is out with Trace and all.” He said sitting on the floor against the wall.
“Oh, well that’s very-ow-sweet of you.” I said, struggling.
“You okay? Need help?”
“Yeah, and the last thing I need is Ryan Ross fixing my hair.”
“Hey, you see this sexy mess of manly hair,” he said pointing to his head, “Girls can’t turn that down.”
“I did.” I said smiling.
“You, Blaire Donahue, were taken.” He said coming over and taking the brush out of my hand. He smirked.
“I’ll be lucky if I’m alive when Mason gets back.” I said pouting, Ryan chuckling.
“I heard Mason screaming this morning. What was that about?”
“I don’t know. I woke up and then he woke up and hugged me saying ‘you’re alive’.”
“He had a death dream.”
“A death dream?” I said, puzzled.
“It happens when a guy really cares about a girl, he dreams about her, and she ends up dying.”
“Ah-that makes sense. ‘Cause I’d know all this guy stuff.” I said smiling, Ryan straightening my hair.
“If I burn you, I’m sorry.” He said smiling, unsure.
“I can straighten my hair.” I said taking the straightener. I straightened my hair and motioned for Ryan to bend down. I grabbed part of his hair and straightened it.
“Hey, that looks good.”
“Want me to do the rest?” I asked.
“Do your magic, Blaire.”
“Okay.” I said laughing.
“Blaire.” Ryan said, unsure, after a few moments.
“Yeah, Ryan?”
“Did you ever…you know, think about dating someone different?”
“No. I haven’t. Why?”
“Because, I sorta have a crush on you and I have since the tour I got p-ed at Mason.”
“Well I could tell that, and I don’t respect you, or think more of you, when you say that, so don’t try. I can handle friends, but I’m sorry, I love Mason.”
“I understand that, Blaire.” He said.
I finished his hair, and hugged him goodbye, right when Brendon came in.
“Blairey?” He asked, pouting.
“What?”
“Can you do my hair?” He asked. I turned around and every strand of hair was sticking off his head.
“Oh my gosh.” I said, eyes wide.
“Please?”
“Sure, get over here.” I said motioning him over and grabbing a brush. I brushed through his hair, him wincing from the knots in his hair, and then straightened it.
“My hair looks sexy.” Brendon said laughing and hugging me.
“Ew, Brendon.”
“Hey, don’t worry about Ryan. You and Mason will be together. The way you look at him, and the way he looks at you, everyday, you can tell he really loves you.”
“Thanks Brendon, I guess I’m just worried because of that one tour. That was the worst experience ever, having Mason upset. It made me depressed.”
“Well don’t worry, I’ll keep Ryan in line. He won’t bother you and Mason.” I hugged him tighter.
“Thanks Brendon. So much.” I said. He rocked back and forth, then said he had to go to get Nikki for the big hangout today.
I finished my makeup and slipped on a pair of slippers, then waited in my room. I started reading ‘A Christmas Carol’. 5 minutes later, Mason bounded through the door, smiling.
“A Christmas Carol? Nice. What part are you at?” he said hanging his jacket on a hook in my closet.
“The Ghost of Christmas Present part.”
“Do you even care.”
“Nope. I could be just sitting here, but I wanted to do something.” He laughed and sat on the bed, slipping his shoes off and smiling.
“Blaire, we’re heading up.” Bryan said.
“Kay, we’re coming.” I said. Mason came over and grabbed my hand, and we both walked out of the room, me throwing my book on the bed. We walked to the stairs and walked up. I soon saw the familiar bright neon lights of the arcade.
“Wow.” Mason said, his eyes wide, like a kid in a toy store’s.
“Told you…I knew it! We do have a movie theatre!” I said. Mason chuckled and we walked with the group to the putt-putt place. We all got a putter and a golf ball and went to the first hole. You know, the easiest hole. The straight hit. It was above easy.
Brendon insisted and begged on going first, so we let him start us off.
“Brendon Urie comes up to putt,” I said in my announcer voice, “He looks over at the patient crowd, blowing a kiss to his girlfriend. The crowd is shushed.”
Mason chuckled, and Brendon hit the golf ball. It rolled towards the hole at first, but curved off and missed it by less than an inch.
Brendon basically exploded.
“That was supposed to go into the stupid hole! Stupid ball! Did you see that, Blaire? THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO IN!” Brendon went on. He soon began profanities, and threw his putter across the room kneeling down and yelling at the ball, “GO HOME! THAT’S YOUR HOME! GO!” He started to yell, pointing at the hole. I was laughing so hard Mason had to hold me up, which didn’t work, because he was laughing as hard as I was, maybe harder. We both fell to the ground laughing.
After we both got up, I took my foot and gently tapped the ball into the hole.
“Thank you, Blaire!” He said smiling.
At the end, or the 3rd hole that is, Mason had everyone beat. Bad. We gave up. We then went to go watch a movie, A Christmas Story.
My favorite Christmas movie.
I sat down, Mason beside me and we watched Ralph as he worked on talking his controlling parents into buying him a gun. Kayla then texted me.
‘Blaire, can you come outside?’
‘Sure, be there in a minute.’
“I’ll be right back.” I said pecking Mason on the cheek then jogging out of the theatre and into the main room.
“Blaire.”, Kayla said, crying a bit, holding the pink death stick in one hand.
“Ohsheet.” I said gasping, “You aren’t?”
“I am. 100% positive. I don’t know how I’m going to tell Bryan.”
“Well…don’t tell him yet. I’ll drive you to the doctor’s offices and get you a check up, then if it’s official, then you tell him. He wouldn’t break up with you because of a little bundle of joy.” I said, rubbing her stomach.
“Serious? And thank you, Blaire. You know, if Bryan and I do get married, you’ll be one totally beast sister-in-law.”
“Haha, I know I’d be.”
“And you and Mason’d be aunt and uncles, you know, if and when you guys got married.”
“Yeah.” I said, looking around the room. I couldn’t picture my brother with a kid. It would work out, he’d be a great father, but I just have to see it to believe it.
“Lets get back to the movie. Ask Mason if he minds you taking me tomorrow. You can tell him, but not near Bryan. Please.”
“No problem, Kayla. It’ll all go smoothly, don’t worry.” I said hugging her.
We walked back into the theatre, and it was just about at the part where the man says ‘Randy laid there like a slug. It was his only defense.’ I sat down right before that part, and Mason and I’d both chucked. He took out his phone.
‘Get on IM.’ He sent. I logged into AIM, and soon saw his AIM screename pop up.
MasonsTheMan- What was that about?
BlaireIsBeastYo- Kayla thinks her eggo is preggo.
MasonsTheMan- With Bryan’s?
BlaireIsBeastYo- Yup. I’m taking her to the doctor tomorrow. Maybe we can text you and all meet up at Applebee’s or something after we finish up.
MasonsTheMan- Okay.
Then Bryan’s name popped up on my screen.
“Lemme see.” Mason said under his breath.
We both read the IM together.
Blg123- Blaire, presents in 5 minutes.
BlaireIsBeastYo- But it’s at the best part !
Blg123- We can watch it later. ;D
BlaireIsBeastYo- Fine, we’ll have Christmas YOUR way. :P
Blg123- Kaybye.
Then the lights turned on and Mason stood up, slightly stumbling. I giggled and he attacked me in a bear hug, throwing me over his shoulder.
“Man, the blood’s rushing to my head! Ow! That was a door you hit my head on!”
“Sorry.” He said setting me on the ground. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him softly.
“You’ve gotten taller.” I said laughing.
“Maybe you’ve gotten shorter.” He said chuckling.
We walked to the Christmas area and attacked the neat boxes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a hard time keeping that G rated on language.
=)
Merry Christmas.
Oh yeah, sorry Bden. I didn't mean to make you that angry.;D