Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 16

After we got presents (Bryan and Kayla getting me Metro Station, Paramore, and Boys Like Girls shirts for free. Ha.), Mason and I walked up to my room to give each other our presents for one another. We got up to the room, and Mason said I should go first.
“You just want your present first.” I said sticking my tongue out at him.
“How’d you know?”
“I grew up with Bryan. Of all people. He got to open all of his presents first, then mom and dad would fight him for my presents.”
“That was so me and Mitchel.” He said laughing.
I smiled and reached under my pillow for his present.
“Come on! That’s where you had it the entire time!” He said smiling, all teeth showing.
Mason’s POV
She took the box from out underneath her pillow and handed it to me. It was a small, square box. I unwrapped it (of course she wrapped it. I smiled) and opened the box. I pulled out a silver ring, with ‘I Love You’ written in nine languages, all of which I studied. My jaw dropped, and the only word I could get out was ‘you’. She smiled and laughed and hugged me. I kissed her and she kissed back. We kissed for another minute before I pulled her present out of my pocket. I wrapped it too. Same size box. Same shape. I put a bow on it though. Haha, Mason:1, Blaire: a half. I slid the ring she got me on my finger, it fitting perfectly. I was still in awe. I then looked up to see her reaction. She had already unwrapped it, getting a paper cut and reaching for a band aid. She put the band aid on and continued to open the present. She opened the tiny black box, and there it was. A promise ring. A 14kt white gold heart shaped aquamarine, with diamond accents. It was a beautiful ring, and since my mom allowed, I was promising that we would get married. The website said a prelude to marriage, so I’m going to use that. I’m clueless, okay?
“Mason, I….”
“Shh…” I said, cutting her off with a kiss.
“Thank you.” She said, after we broke away.
“It’s the closest thing to an engagement ring my mom would let me get you at this point in time.”
“Wait a minute, it’s a promise ring.” She said, emphasizing ‘promise’.
“Yeah. I love you, Blaire, and my Mom has given me permission to propose, but it just doesn’t feel right, until I meet your uncle and aunt. Weren’t they supposed to be here a long time ago?”
“Yeah.” Her phone vibrated. She looked at me, with fear in her eyes. She grabbed her phone and looked at the text.
Blaire’s POV
‘Blaire, we’re sorry. We won’t be able to make it. Tell Mason he can propose. Bryan’s going to propose in a couple weeks to his girlfriend, so it’s okay.’
I smiled and handed him the phone. He smiled wider, if that was possible. He grabbed the over-the-top-promise ring and slid it on my finger.
“I promise.” He whispered in my ear. Then everything went black.
“Power’s out.” I said sighing. 5th time this month.
“How romantic.” He said smiling, kissing my neck.
“Mason, stop.” He started leaning onto me, pushing me backwards onto the pillows. “Mason, stop. Not until we’re married.”
“Nothing wrong with a little fun.”
“Well not under the sheets, okay?”
“Sorry.” He said, looking down, realizing what he was putting on. I tilted his chin up.
“Don’t worry about it.”
After that, we curled up, kissing goodnight, and went to sleep, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow Mason.
Wow.
Wowzas. :O
Blaire's ring (which is gorgous, am I right, Hannah? :D):
Image
Mason's ring (which is sweet):
Image
It does have it written in 9 languages, but thanks to the crappy place, we have a crappy picture (big surprise)
xD