Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 5

Blaire’s POV

We walked into the house, hand in hand. As soon as we walked into the house I heard my cell phone ring from the lounge where I left it. It was playing ‘Slow Dance With A Stranger’ by Danger Radio. Mason started singing along to it and I looked at a text.
‘Who do you think you are pretending you’re something you’re not to my son?’ It was from Mason’s mom.
“Ma-Mason.” I called.
“What’d you need?” He asked walking into the lounge.
“Uh-you might want to see what…” He cut me off by grabbing the phone reading through the text and hitting delete. He started to sing the chorus of ‘Check Yes Juliet’ by We The Kings.
“Run baby run, don’t ever look back. They’ll tear us apart if you give them the chance.” He sang in my ear. I kissed his lips softly. And he kissed back, the feel of his lips on mine reminded me why I loved him. “Don’t say we’re not meant to be. Run baby run, forever we’ll be, you and me.” He sung.
“Aw.” I heard someone coo from the stairway to the basement. There was none other than ‘The Maine’. The band. Mason and I looked up and they chuckled.
“I guess you’re Mason Musso and Blaire Donahue?” one of them said. We both nodded and they introduced themselves, and told us they were on the tour we’d be starting in February. They were then led to the basement, so me and Mason had the lounge to ourselves. I sighed and fell back into a giant beanbag chair.
“Blaire, I wanted to talk to you about something.” Mason started. I nodded my head and he sat in a beanbag chair that was beside the one I was sitting in.

Mason’s POV

“Blaire, I want to tell you what I got into a fight with my mom about.”
“Okay.” She said looking me in the eye.
“I-I told her that I wanted to marry you.” Her jaw dropped and I continued. “She and my dad said I should wait, but I just want you to know that if there was anyway possible, I would marry you right here, right now, but I won’t get their permission to until you turn 20.”
“Ma-Mason, I…”
“If I asked you now, would you have said ‘yes’ or ‘no’?”
“I would say y-y-yes.” She said smiling. I smiled a huge toothy grin, so now all I’d have to do is figure out someway to propose to her on New Year’s eve in 2009. Her birthday. As soon as the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s day, I would get on one knee. Proposing sounded a bit easier now that I know that she thought of us in that way. God I love her, and I would do anything to keep her forever. Even if it meant death. I love Blaire Faith Donahue.

Blaire’s POV

He asked me if I would marry him if he proposed that day. I said yes. I meant it. Now I had to wait until 2010, when I was 20 and he would be 21. I wish I could pin his to the beanbag chair and eat his freaking face off. I think a make-out session is in order. We leaned in for a kiss and as soon as our lips touched Pete Wentz burst through the door causing us to jerk back and resume our sitting positions.
“Hey Blaire, Hey Mason.” Pete said as he jogged down the stairs. I looked over and Mason and he looked at me and we started laughing. Then the phone rang. I got up and grabbed the house phone.
“Hello?”
“Blaire! Oh my thank you for answering!” my grandma’s voice rang through the earpiece.
“What’s wrong?”
“Your grandpa just died in the hospital. He had a stroke and there was nothing they could do to help him.”
“Are you okay?” I asked trying to hold back tears. My grandpa was my hero. This so totally wasn’t happening.
“Yes, but I’m worried about you.”
“I’ll be fine, I’ll talk to you later.” I said hanging up on her. Tears filled my eyes and Bryan came bouncing up the stairs asking who it was.
“Grandma.” I mumbled.
“What?”
“Grandma.” I said louder.
“What’d she need?”
“Grandpa had a stroke and he died.” I said tears flowing down my cheeks. Bryan gave me a hug, then had to get back to helping The Maine with their record so they could tour with us. Mason came over as soon as Bryan got down the stairs. He lifted my face up and shot me a smile. He wiped my tears away and kissed my forehead. He hugged me and let me cry into his shoulder. On his nice dress shirt there would be eyeliner. He did love me. Ha. Mental note, get Mason a new shirt. Mason’s phone rang and he pecked my lips then answered it.
“William’s outside, he said something about him spending a week here with Bryan.”
“Oh yeah, I forgot.”
“I’ll help him with his bags, you can go upstairs, I’ll meet you in your room after I’m done.”
“Okay, I love you.”
“Love you.” He said smiling and walking out of the door towards William’s taxi. I started up the stairs and once I got to my room I went out on my balcony and sat in one of my paisley lounge chairs. I looked out at the view and sighed. My family is falling apart.

Mason’s POV

“Hey Bill.” I said smiling.
“Hey Mas.” He said passing me a suitcase. I waved to the cab driver and he drove off. William and I walked to the mansion. I took William’s bags to the basement, then waved goodbye. I went up the stairs to Blaire’s room. I walked into her room and didn’t see her anywhere.
“Blaire?” I called. I walked to her giant window that was really a sliding door thing that led to the balcony. She was sitting in a chair looking over the view. Eyeliner was running down her face and her hair was messed up, but she was the most beautiful girl I’d ever met. “Blaire are you okay?” I said walking out onto the balcony and sliding the door closed.
“Not really.” She said looking over towards me and wiping her eyes with her palms.
“Shh, its okay.” I said hugging her.
“I’m afraid.” She said crying.
“Afraid of what?”
“Afraid of losing you, too.” She said looking up at me. I wiped her tears away with my thumb.
“I would never leave you. Ever.” I said kissing her. She kissed back and before I knew it I was crawling over to her chair from mine. We were cut short from Bryan and the gang walking out of the mansion and I fell off the chair. She laughed and helped me up, then a breeze came by. Snow started falling from the cloudy sky. “Wow.”
“Just wait 15 minutes, you’ll double wow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:] aw, he comforted her.
And no, they weren't going to have a moment.