Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 7

Blaire’s POV

After we got out of our really wet clothes and put pajamas on, Mason and I decided it would be real smart to make hot coco for Brendon (who was still ‘hurt’ from the whole ‘bad person’ thing) and for ourselves. After we made the hot coco Brendon came into the kitchen.
“I don’t see any marshmallows.” He said sticking his nose in the air.
“Could you be any more pickier? How warm do you want it?” I asked laughing.
“Semi-warm.” He said walking out of the kitchen. I looked up to Mason and he just had an ‘oh my gosh’ look on his face.
“I promised Bryan I would go down and talk to The Maine, I’ll be back up in a few.” He said pecking my cheeks.
“Kay.” I said still waiting on the hot chocolate to finish. I didn’t notice a tall, skinny figure in the doorway until they startled me.
“Hey.” Ryan said.
“Ryan freaking Ross you scared the living crap out of me.” I said smiling.
“That’s what I do. So…what cha doin’?” he said standing there like a five year old.
“Makin’ hot coco.” I said in the same tone.
“Really? I thought you were feeding dinosaurs.” He said frowning.
“What’s with the random conversation?” I asked.
“Nothing. How’s life been.” He said sitting on the counter.
“I’ve been living. I’ve been shunned from Mason’s mom’s presence and his dad can’t get enough of me, I haven’t met his brothers yet and my grandpa died.”
“Whoa. I’m sorry Blaire.” He said hugging me. I didn’t let one tear fall. I took the hug and said my thanks.
“So how’s George Ryan Ross the Third been doing?” I asked.
“Doing good. Just wrote some new songs, and standing here with my best friend for life.” He said in his girlie voice, as I called it.
“Well that’s good.” I said, interrupted by a shrill noise, telling me ‘get the darn coco off the hot stove before I kill you’. Brendon ran in the kitchen, grabbing mugs for everyone, and a bag of marshmallows.
“Brendon if you’re going to get marshmallows get the mini ones, not the jumbo ones!” I said throwing the bag to me and he through the mini marshmallow bag to me. I grabbed a couple marshmallows and stuck them in my mouth and sat the bag on the countertop.
“Hey! You weren’t supposed to eat them!”
“Well then what am I supposed to do with them?” I said in a duh tone.
“Uh.”
“Oh no she didn’t.” Pat Kirch said coming over and getting a mug and waiting for me to pour in some hot coco before giving me a half hug and laughing. He then turned and went down the stairs.
“Blaire.” John O’Callaghan said from the doorway pouting.
“What.”
“Can I have some. Pat got some and Mason’s going to get some and I bet you you’re going to give Garrett, Kennedy, and Jared some hot coco.”
“Sure get a mug.” I said motioning over to where Brendon was, inhaling the scent of chocolate. He took a sip and spit it out quickly, spilling his hot coco all over him.
“Hot, hot, hot!” he yelled running down to Bryan’s room to get a tee shirt out of his bag to change into. None of the hot coco went on the floor. I smiled and handed John some hot coco, and then Garrett came bouncing up the stairs. I fixed him some hot coco and Kennedy came up the stairs. I fixed him some and then Jared came up the stairs.
“Okay, I’m going to ban you guys from coming to this house when it snows.” I said laughing. He laughed and poured him some out of one of the previous batches I made. Brendon wanted more than just a cup. He wanted a gallon. Then it became two gallons. And then three. And you see how that went. He gave me a hug and mumbling a ‘thanks’ and going down the stairs carefully. Then Mason came up with William.
“Willie-bear!” I said running up to him and hugging him.
“Hey, feeling better, kiddo?” he asked ruffling my hair and smiling, a smirk on Mason’s face.
“A lil’. Is Sisky, Mike, Michael, Butcher, and Hannah coming?”
“Later.” He said walking over to the hot coco and fixing himself some.
“How does The Maine sound?” I said smiling.
“They’re one of your favorite freaking bands! What do you mean ‘how do they sound’.”
“I don’t know! I just thought you were supposed to say that, ya know?” I said laughing. Mason laughed and wrapped his arms around me from behind.
“You guys make such a good couple. When are ya going to tie the knot?” William asked Mason.
“I’ll tell you about that later, long story-ish.” He said resting his chin on the top of my head.
“Ah-well Mason, you break her heart it’s a custom I break your face or whatever part of your body I can grab first.”
“Gay.” I said laughing. William realized what he said, a flashback coming back to when I first met him, and blushed fifteen shades of red.
“I don’t wanna talk about it.” William said going down the stairs. Mason got hot coco and sat on the counter top. I joined him, sipping water because giving hot coco to so many bands and musicians can be tiring.
“I love you.” Mason blurted out.
“I love you too.” I said laughing.
“No, I mean I really love you.”
“And I really love you.”
“Blaire. Do we absolutely need my parents permission.”
“To what?”
“To marry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoooaaaaaaaa.
:]
I am so ready for tomorrow! I need to go to our public library,
and my mom works like, in walking distance of the library,
so on Saturday I'm helping with a sewing class,
and I'm going to probably go down and drop in and say hi.
I know all of the librarians.
I've got hookups.
I can like have books overdue, man, and they wont push it.
xD I love that place.
They even got those cute little baby puzzles I sometimes solve just for the heck of it.
And because the teen section of books is right beside the 'easy to read'
kiddie stuff.
Anybody ever read the 'Fearless' series?
If not I reccomend them-
they're by Francine Pascal if you want to try them. They're awesome.
Sounds like some mibba person wrote them. :]
And I read a book called 'Dairy Queen' by Catherine Gilbert Murdock,
and I reccomend it.
So yeah.
Comment?