Elementalist

Chapter 1-Connor

Hands tied above my head with a rope, I struggled. My black shaggy hair fell into my brown eyes and I gritted my teeth in the darkness of the room. I sighed and watched the white air form into a small, clear ball, drop to the ground and shatter into millions of tiny pieces. I was cold seeing as I was just wearing a pair of black shorts.

The door opened to the room, sending a rush of hot air that stung my skin and a bright light which blinded me for a minute. It didn’t last long enough for me to get a grip on it. I listened, teeth still gritted, “What do you want?”

“I want,” the voice said, “your name. Your real name.”

“Why should I tell you?” I asked as I grabbed the rope with my hands. This was my fifth day without food or water and I continued to be fed cold air.

“Want out of this room, boy?” it said again, fiercer and shaper than before.

I stopped and let myself fall out of rage and anger and dropped to my knees from the standing position I was in, “Connor—that’s my name.”

“Ha ha, so we finally know your name,” the voice laughed, “anyways, I best be off.”

I gritted my teeth again, “You damn ass liar.”

The guy stood by the door of the darkened room. He looked at me and cracked the door slightly, “No, I just don’t have to let you out nor let you free. Anyways, your doctor will be here in an hour. See you.”

He disappeared and I laughed. I knew that this would be the last time in this room. I started to pull the rope.