Elementalist

Chapter 10- Jerry

I yawned as I listened to the silence of the room I was in. I had my arm over my eyes and lay in my bed. I had sent Jimmy, Connor's oldest brother, to hunt him down and capture him.
    
"Jerry?"
   
 "What?" I hadn't moved my arm from my eyes because I knew who it was.
   
 "I have some videos from the battle."
   
 I sat up and looked into the screen at Ron. His blue eyes matched his blue hair. "Ron, how did you get it?"
    
Ron laughed, "I watched it, that's how,"
   
 I shook my head. Ron was a level four air Elementalist but he had gained more talent than any other air Elementalist, except for Connor. "Ron, you're amazing. Anyways, let me see it, please?"
   
Ron nodded and the screen went fuzzy. I yawned as the screen showed brown, probably a cliff of some sort or something in Rejects' Run. It zoned in a little on Connor and some human sitting off the edge of the cliff. I watched Jimmy walk on and I listened to what I said.
    
After Connor fell for the trap, Jimmy knocked the human off the cliff. I watched the fight, knowing Connor probably broke at least six of his ribs and I enjoyed Connor's reaction when his friend fell off the cliff. Pure pity and sadness. That was his weakness, probably. Then, that puny human boy showed up again. "Ron, go back for a minute."
   
 The people walked backwards and I watched the boy human. I laughed, "So this boy Connor hangs out with is an air Elementalist, eh?"
  
  Ron popped back up onto the screen and looked at me, "We have Jimmy in critical care and Sir just said he wants to see you."
    
"Meh, know why, Ron?"
    
"No, Jerry," Ron sighed, "but he says now..."
    
I wandered out before he got to finish. I slipped my hands in my pockets and thought of the video Ron showed me.
    
"What's his motive," I asked myself, kind of distant who heard me.
    
"Who's motive, Jerry?"
    
I snapped back into reality and looked at Terry, "Hmm?"
   
 "You asked 'what's his motive’, so I asked who," Terry laughed, "you should learn to talk in your own world, not out loud."
    
"Oh," I was still, somewhat, in my daze, "the so called 'Air Elementalist'."
    
She sighed and looked at the ceiling, "That Connor kid?"
    
"That's who," I sighed, wondering what she was thinking about, "anyways, what are you up to?"
    
"The usual. I'm going to head outside in a little while to watch the stars," she looked at me and smiled.
    
I looked out the window. She was right. Night had fallen and stars shone like pale lights from a distant view of a city. She looked at them as if she would be devoured in seconds by any single one of them. She smiled. "Want to join me?"
   
 I looked at her from the corner of my eye, "Sure. Meet me up there though."