Status: Complete- check out the sequel!

Reflections

017

The day was bright and cheerful. Butterflies floated on the breeze as they drifted from flower to flower. The summer weather was making me feel good as I sat in the hospitals garden with Frank. It was awkward of course but peaceful and kind of nice.

"So what have you been up to since the last time I saw you?" I asked while I watched a bumble bee lazily crawl around a sunflower.

"Recording mostly." he mumbled. "The band is doing....good." he broke off. I think he thought it hurt me to talk about his new career path. Sure it would have been nice to be there back on stage with him and the guys but it would never be the same without my little brother beside me. My days of glory were over, I was forgotten.

"Cool." I said and downed the last few drops of now cold coffee. Frank had hardly touched his the whole time. Did Alex not add enough sugar for him?

"Yeah." his mind was drifting.

"Remember frerard?" I suddenly asked. Red had been whispering it in my ear all day. It was engraved in my brain to ask. Frank slowly turned to look at me.

"Yeah...?" he began. "What about it?"

"I don't know, does it still exist?" he shrugged his small shoulders.

"Gerard, My Chem is dead! Why can't you just accept it?" he snapped. His hazel eyes blazed. I bit my lip to keep from screaming at my visions to shut up.

"Its out of love." Red cooed.

"What the fuck! Punch him! Strangle the little midget!" Revenge roared in rage.

"Don't cry Gee." Parade looked at me sadly. Frank didn't look at me, he kept his eyes glued to the road where cars passed by. He was pissed off. Why?

"Why are you so mad?" I asked quietly. Frank said nothing for a second.

"I guess I'm just scared to lose another friend." he looked into my eyes. It felt as though he were touching my soul. Suddenly tears were spilling over and he was fighting the urge to break out into full sobbing.

"Oh Frank." I cooed. "Your not going to lose me. I'll still always be here for you even though i might be a vegetable soon." I trailed off. I wasn't really helping. "Even if I can't really understand you anymore, you can still talk to me whenever okay?" he nodded as he wiped the tears away that were now cascading freely down his face.

"Okay." he sniffled. I smiled half-heartedly and pulled him into a gentle hug from my wheelchair. I don't know where Alex went.

"Promise not to be too sad? This is my fate, so be it." he nodded. "Keep the faith Frankie, keep the faith."