Around the world and back is nothing without you

Dear interceptor

Kim woke up, limbs intertwined with Jake’s. She smiled to herself and laid her head closer to his on the pillow, watching him sleep. She took her arm from around his waist and stroked his hair lightly, using her thumb to move the hair out of his eyes. She sighed happily, treasuring the moment, wishing it could last forever.

She wished to herself daily, that she could just tell him, tell him how she felt. Just go to him and say, ‘Jake Smith, I love you’. Her heart broke into a million tiny more pieces every time she saw him with someone new, another girl, anyone that wasn’t her.

She closed her eyes and wrapped her arm back around her best friend’s waist, just as he began to wake.

His eyes opened, and he saw hers flutter close. But he knew she was awake, her breathing was different when she was asleep to when she was awake. He reached over and kissed her forehead lightly. She smiled as he pulled away, smiling also.

“Morning sunshine,” She smiled up at him. He grinned back at her in return, pulling her closer to his body.

“Mornin’ beautiful,” He smiled, “How are you feeling?”

“Alot better thanks, that’s the best nights’ sleep I’ve had in a long time,” She said, her cheeks reddening considerably as she spoke. She shyed away as her voice got quieter, towards the end of her sentence.

He put his thumb and forefinger under her chin, and lifted her head up, her cheeks still red. She looked up at him to see his eyes staring straight into hers. She heard him swallow as he lent his head towards hers. His soft, pale lips met hers and their eyes fluttered shut in time. Jake wrapped his arms tighter around Kim’s waist, pulling her tighter to his body.

As he pulled her closer, she removed her arms from his waist and placed them around his neck. She put one on the back of his head, to deepen the kiss. He licked her bottom lip, and she almost immediately granted him what he wanted. Their tongues danced together, lips still locked, eyes still closed.

Jake mumbled something incoherent into the kiss as he pulled her on top of him. Straddling him, Kim cupped his face in her hands and kissed him harder. She wished he knew how much this meant to her, how many times she’d dreamt of this exact moment happening. She never wanted it to end, it was the only thing on her mind, and the only thing she cared about. But she knew it would end sometime, it had to, it was too good to be true.

He tugged at the hem of her tee shirt; she lifted her arms and slid it roughly over her head, exposing her bra-clad chest to him. He moaned softly into her mouth and she moaned back, kissing him harder. She slid his own shirt off his torso and craved to touch his pale, skinny chest. He, reluctantly, pulled away from the kiss, taking a much-needed breath. Both of their breathing was rough and laboured, but neither of them cared. They were lost in the lust and want, to lost in it to care.

He rolled her over, making himself straddle her. He leaned down and captured her lips in another steamy kiss, she, obviously, kissed him back without a second thought. The kiss became rapidly more steamy and more lust-filled.

This time, Kim was the one to pull away, to take a breath. She looked into his eyes and saw more than just lust, or want. She saw something else, but she couldn’t work out what it was. She’d never seen that look before, not with anyone else she’d seen ever seen him with.

Jake looked down into her eyes and it was then that he realised that he, Jake Smith, loved his best friend more than he should.

Jake Smith loved Kim Davies, Kim Davies loved Jake Smith, and both wished that they could tell the other exactly how they felt. And they both wished the other loved them back. Neither knew how the other felt, both thought that the other thought of them as a best friend, and nothing more.

Mostly, neither of them knew how dead wrong they were, and neither of them knew that the love they had for their best friend was greatly wanted by the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh. The chapters are getting shorter everytime..
Any good?

And many thanks to everyone whose read any of this..
Comments? Subscriptions?

[I re-posted this chapter, 'cause there were loads of mistakes before :\ sorry..?]

x