What He Doesn't Know

016

"So... were going home today." Mikey announced at the table. We were all sitting in the restaurant on the main floor of our hotel for breakfast.

"Yup." I said as I absently stared at the sugar jar. Frank stirred milk into his coffee with a spoon. We were all looking forward to going home at around noon. Ray was reading the paper at the table like he did every morning and Bob silently ate his toast and eggs.

"I can't wait to see Alicia again." my brother smiled. He is a married man. I can't say how proud of him I am that he found that special person.

"Yeah well, I can't wait to see my dogs." Frank added. I smiled. Frank had a few too many canine friends who lived with him. They were taken care of by his parents and friends while went on tour.

The bus pulled in front of the shabby looking white house with the dying lawn. It had a tree out in front which made it look pleasant. This was Franks house. It was the first stop in the drop off session. So now we were in Butler, New Jersey watching Frank as he waved to us from his door step. As we pulled away I could help but let a small tear escape down my cheek.

"Good bye Frankie." I whispered to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's once again short, i'm so tired and trying to fit in many story updates.