What He Doesn't Know

089

I got the call at three fifty nine in the morning from the hospital. Apparently LynZ gave them my number as an emergency number or like in the situation she put me in now. My cellphone went off beside my head which nearly gave me a heart attack and when I answered a nurse told me LynZ was having her baby and to get my ass over there to be with her. She didn't phrase it like that but you get the idea. I had to call and pay for the taxi myself which took me to the hospital where I stumbled in half asleep and it ended up where I am now, waiting in a hard plastic chair until this kid comes out.

I typed away at my laptop on Word, since there was no Internet, to pass the time. Of course the time was an estimate since I dashed out of the motel when the taxi arrived. I only saw the time when I was asking the driver to hurry up. So I really was in a hard plastic chair of the maternity ward waiting. Why did I bother coming. I yawned and kept on my update of What He Doesn't Know. I at least wanted to have this typed before I was called in to comfort LynZ and tell her the new parents of her baby. Then it occurred to me, what if it was a still-birth? Shit, that would crush Mikey even more then what I originally did to him. Fuck!

"Mr. Way?" I looked up from my laptop at a man in a white doctors coat. "Are you the father?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No." I said bluntly. "I'm the emotional support." I felt grumpy and tired and I didn't care at this point if I snapped at the doctor.

"Oh... well then, I think you will be pleased to know Ms. Ballato delivered a healthy baby girl." he smiled. That baby could have been mine. I froze for a moment.

"Is the clinic open right now?" I asked shyly. The doctor looked at my in a funny way.

"Not at this time no."

"Can you do me a favor Doc?" I stood up and put my laptop on the plastic chair not before saving what I wrote. "My brother gave me the news yesterday that he was sterile and that... I might be too..." I trailed off suddenly too shy to say more.

"You want me to do a sperm test at four in the morning?" I winced at the volume of his voice. Though he said it normally, it felt as though everyone could hear it. I nodded hopefully.

"If its not too much trouble?" he sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Alright fine, give me ten minutes to prepare the exam room and meet me on the second floor. Exam room two." I thanked him and went off to find LynZ in her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and boring :( Sorry- bed time