‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

I'm Dying Without Your Love

Image

Megan's POV

My eyes fluttered open the next morning. The sun was shining through the window, illuminating my bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and lifted my arms over my head for a stretch. I reached over to my nightstand and picked up my Blackberry.

1 Received Text Message: Nick Jonas
3:22 am- I don’t blame you for not wanting to speak to me yet, but I can’t sleep. I think it’s because this is the first night in a long time that I haven’t heard you say goodnight to me. So yeah. Call me when you’re ready to. Take your time. I'll wait for you. I love you Megan. Always.

I half smiled after I read the text message over a few times. Nick was sorry. I could easily tell. After you’ve known Nick for a while, he’s easier to read than a children’s picture book. I started to think about my decision to let us sleep on it. Part of me knew he deserved it because of the things he said. But the other part of me felt really bad. The poor boy was awake at 3 in the morning.

I got out of bed and did my typical morning routine. After my enjoyable bowl of cinnamon oatmeal, I put my iPod on shuffle and headed out for a run. Minutes into my run, Nick’s voice filled my ears as One Man Show came up on my iPod. I decided I would text Nick and ask him to come over. We’re going to work this out. We have to work this out.

Nick’s POV

As I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand, my eyes opened immediately. I had finally fallen asleep a little before 6 am. Seeing the clock at 11:04, I realized I only slept for five hours. That’s barely enough for anyone to function, but if this text was from Megan, it’d be worth it. I grabbed my phone and my eyes ran quickly over the words of the new text message.

1 Received Text Message: Megan Gibson
11:04 am- Come over around 1?

1 Sent Text Message: Megan Gibson
11:05 am- I’ll be there. Thank you.

A smile came across my face for the first time since 5 pm yesterday afternoon. I jumped out of bed and into the shower. I threw on skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. I found an anxious Kevin in the kitchen. Tonight is his big date with Dina and he’s nervous she won’t like the helicopter, although Megan told him at least ten times to stop worrying. I told him where I was going and left the house through the garage. I put my guitar case in the back seat before putting myself in the front.

I parked out front of Megan’s house. I grabbed my guitar and walked up the front path quickly. I was so anxious to see Megan, to hear Megan, to hug Megan. When I reached the door, I took a deep breath as my finger pushed the doorbell. My heart was pounding. I didn’t want her to yell at me or be mad at me, even though I knew I deserved both.

Megan swung the door open and gave me a light smile. I put my guitar case down on the ground, my eyes not breaking their connection with hers. She opened her arms, signaling it was okay for me to hug her. When I had her in my arms, I didn’t want to let go. Megan pulled her head away from my chest and looked up at me. I leaned down and placed my lips onto hers.

“Babe, I am so sorry,” I said, pulling away.

“I know. Come in.” Megan led me inside. No one was home, so we sat on the couch in the family room. I laid my guitar case on the coffee table and took the guitar out. I placed the guitar across my leg.

“Okay, since I was up for a long time unable to sleep, I learned to play this song. I know it’s one of your favorites, so here it goes.” I began to strum the guitar and the lyrics of Ain’t Got You by Kevin Michael poured out. Megan had light tears flowing down her face when I finished.

“Megan, I know I jumped to conclusions and I know I made absurd and ridiculous assumptions. I know I shouldn’t have handled it like I did and I know I should have given you a chance to explain. I got jealous when I saw someone I didn’t know telling you he loved you. That’s not an excuse for what I did, but I really am sorry. I need you to know that I do trust you. I know I made you question that trust, but it’s there. It’s always been there and it always will be there.”

“I believe you, Nick. I do. I just need you to know that when you said that, I felt so hurt inside. I honestly can’t even describe it. Please, just don’t do anything like that again.”

Megan was crying more than she was before. The tears flooded her cheeks. She leaned towards me, placing one side of her face on my chest. I put my arms around her and rubbed her back lightly while pulling her close to me tightly.

“Never. I’ll never do anything like that again. I never want a repeat of last night.”

“I hated not having a goodnight from you.”

“I couldn’t sleep without yours.”

I placed my lips against hers. I moved my hand from her back to behind her neck, deepening the kiss. With the level of passion in this kiss, we were clearly making up for lost time. I pulled away. I had six words that I just needed to say right then and there.

“I love you so much, Megan.” She smiled up at me.

“I love you too, Nick. Thank you for singing me that song.”

“Anything for you," I said, lightly kissing the top of her head.

Megan grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Neither of us spoke. It wasn’t awkward because we were both content with just being in each other’s grip.

“All I ever wanted was to love you.
Girl I never meant to cause you pain, and I only have myself to blame.
Now you're gone and I can't stop thinking of you.
Every time I hear your name, I think of what I've done again and again.

See I'm all alone tonight with just a memory.
And baby you're a million miles away.
I can't take another day.

If I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
It just don't feel the same, no.
If I ain't got you, oh.
And if I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
Can't even feel the pain.
No, if I ain't got you.
(You, you, you, you,)

I remember when we were together.
I remember how you used to say there was nothing I could do to turn you away.
I know, I know that things have changed forever.
When I look into your eyes, all I see now is the tears in your eyes.

I'm all alone tonight with just a memory.
And baby you're a million miles away.
I can't take another day.
If I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
It just don't feel the same, no.
If I ain't got you, oh.
And if I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
Can't even feel the pain.
No, if I ain't got you, you.

If I could I would pick up the pieces of your broken heart.
And put it back together.
And I would, I would hold you in my arms until the hurting stops.
And stay right here forever.

All I ever wanted was to love you.
Girl I never meant to cause you pain.
And I only have myself to blame.

If I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
It just don't feel the same, no.
If I ain't got you, oh.
And if I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
Can't even feel the pain.
No, if I ain't got you.
If I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.
It just don't feel the same, no .
If I ain't got you, oh.
And if I ain't got you, I ain't got anything.”
Can't even feel the pain.”
No, if I ain't got you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit: "Ain't Got You" by Kevin Michael. so good. listen to it :]
Chapter Title Credit: "Can't Have You" by JB (of course!)

Comment&Subscribe
xoxo :-)