‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Ticket

Image

Megan's POV

“Hey Megan, can you come to the kitchen?” I heard Nick yell as my Mario Kart race against Frankie ended. I wandered into the kitchen where the entire Jonas family was sitting. There was an envelope sitting on the table with my name written across it. As I stared at the envelope, thinking about what could be inside, Joe spoke.

“Go on, Meg. Open it.” I smiled as I took a step towards the table. Reaching out my arm, I grabbed the envelope in my hand. I opened it and pulled out the contents.

On top of a small pile was a picture of me and Tara. I was confused as to how Nick got this picture and why it was sitting in an envelope for me. The second picture was a picture of me and some of my other New Jersey friends. The third picture was my house in New Jersey. What does this mean? My question was answered as I lifted the third picture.

Megan Gibson. L.A.X. to Newark Liberty International. Monday, December 29, 2008. Seat 2A.

"I’m going home?!” I scanned the faces of the Jonas family. There were smiles from ear to ear on all their faces, especially Nick’s. My jaw was dropped, curious about the details and reason for the ticket.

“We are doing Times Square for New Years. I stole Tara’s number from your phone and called her. You’ll be staying at her house while we do appearances in the city, and we come back on Thursday.”

“You’re taking me with you to New York?”

“We’re taking you home,” Nick replied.

After my freak out fit with jumping, squealing, and hugs all around, I went home to start packing. As I was packing, I called Tara. Apparently, she had been dying trying to keep this secret from me. I’m pretty surprised she didn’t crack.

The Next Day

“Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of Continental Airlines, I would like to be the first to welcome you to Newark, New Jersey. The local time is 2:54 pm. Please remain seated with your seat belts fasten as we taxi to the gate.”

I had too much energy and excitement to sit still. There was a smile on my face that couldn’t be wiped off. I was finally back at Newark Liberty International, not the best of airports, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve flown in and out of it. I love coming into this airport for one reason. It means I’m almost home.

The flight was easy and fun. I sat next to Nick. We talked a lot and read the edition of People with us on the cover! The pictures were great and reading the interview made us laugh. The Jonas’ had all of first class. There was a curtain separating us from the coach class, so we had privacy. A girl tried to sneak back and take a picture of Joe, who was sleeping, but she was quickly escorted back to her seat.

I grabbed my backpack and exited the plane. We had an entourage of protectors escorting us through the airport. As I stepped on the escalator leading to the baggage claim, I had officially crossed the line. I went from being excited to freaking out. Nick, Joe, and Kevin laughed at me, but I didn’t care. I was about to see my best friend for the first time in six months, which is ridiculously too long. I asked Nick to hold my backpack because as soon as I saw Tara, I knew I would be sprinting.

The escalator reached the point where I could see the baggage claim. A huge yellow sign with “Hey Best Friend, Welcome Home!” caught my eye. It was being held by a tall girl with straight blonde hair put up into a messy bun. It was being held by my best friend.

Nick’s POV

“MEGAN!" A girl holding a yellow sign screamed as her face lit up. Megan literally jumped off the escalator a good six steps up from the bottom. Catching her balance after almost tripping, she ran to Tara and hugged her arms tightly around Tara’s neck. Megan's excitement was contagious. I smiled over at Kevin and Joe, who were also smiling.

“Tara! Ah I frickin missed you!” Megan yelled. They were causing a scene, as if Megan, Joe, Kevin, and I didn’t do that enough already.

“I missed you more! Look at you! You look fantastic!”

“Look at yourself, T!”

I smiled at my best friend as she smiled back at me. I linked my arm with hers and turned around to find the brothers not too far away.

“JB, assemble per favore!” Megan said sweetly. We laughed at her as we came up closer to the reuniting girls. “Boys, it is my pleasure to introduce you to my #1 girl in the world, Tara Capisco. Tara, it is also my pleasure to introduce to you Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas, and Nick Jonas.”

Kevin stuck his hand out for Tara to shake because he was standing closest to her. She looked at it and laughed.

“Oh please, you guys are like brothers, and boyfriend, to my best friend. Come here!” Tara said, wrapping her arms around Kevin. Kevin laughed as he hugged Tara back. Tara moved down the line and hugged Joe. When she pulled away, she stood right in front of me. Tara’s eyes averted from me to Megan next to me.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Tara,” I said. She smiled back at me.

“You took the words right out of my mouth, Nick!” Tara exclaimed as she hugged me.

“Ahh!” Megan screamed with surprise. As she looked over her shoulder, my eyes followed. There was a little, blonde boy with his arms wrapped around Megan’s waist. “COOP!” Megan yelled.

Megan turned around and picked the boy up. This must be Cooper, Tara’s little brother. Megan spun Cooper around in circles as Cooper laughed hysterically. After she stopped spinning, Megan kissed Cooper on the cheek.

"M-Geezy,” a voice came from behind us. Megan turned around and screamed again.

“Jack! Nance! Bri-Bri!” Megan hugged everyone, still holding Cooper on her hip. How is she holding him? He’s roughly the same size as Frankie, and Frankie is difficult to hold these days. Megan introduced us to the rest of Tara’s family. They thanked us for bringing Megan back to them.

“Meg, is this boyfriend Nick?” Cooper asked.

“Yes, Coop, this is boyfriend Nick,” Megan responded, laughing. Cooper smiled me. I held my hand out for a fist pound, and he immediately pounded back.

“Coop, what’s your favorite song in the whole world?” Tara asked.

I’m slipping into the lava and I’m trying to keep from going under,” Cooper started to sing.

Baby you turned the temperature hotter, cause I’m burning up, burning up, for you baby,” I sang with him. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

“You know that song too? Isn’t it awesome?” Cooper asked me. Joe, Kevin, and I laughed. This kid is the man, just like Frank the Tank.

“Cooper, do you know the band that sings that song?” Megan asked.

“The Jonas Brothers,” Cooper replied, with a duh attitude.

“We are the Jonas Brothers,” Joe stated. Cooper’s eyes bulged out of his head with excitement.

“That’s your song?”

“You bet, kiddo,” Kevin responded. Cooper was silent but clearly excited. I think he was shocked. Megan put Cooper on the ground and took her backpack from me.

“Alright, so you’re off to the city, right?” Megan asked, turning to me.

“Yes. We have z100 in a little bit, so we’re gonna have to head out now.”

Megan nodded and went to give Kevin and Joe hugs. Kevin and Joe were saying goodbye to the Capisco’s so Megan wrapped her arms around my neck. I snaked my arms around her waist and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“I’ll call you as soon as I can,” I told her.

“Sounds good. Oh, and Nick, thank you again, so much. I really needed this. I love you.”

“I love you too, Meg.” I let go of Megan and turned to Tara and her family. “It was really nice to meet you all! I’ll see you in a day or two!”

I gave Megan one more quick peck on the lips. I watched her walk out the airport doors with her arm linked with Tara’s. I smiled, and headed the other way with my brothers and Big Rob.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe.
xoxo<3