‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

InVALid

Image

Nick’s POV

I scanned the radio stations from the passenger seat as Megan sat behind the wheel. Megan and I were on our way to pick up Colin and Valerie from the movies. Colin is very high on my list of favorite people. I describe our relationship as brother meets best friend. It’s a very unique combination of the two and it’s awesome. I really hope Valerie is legitimate. Colin deserves the best.

“Can you give Colin a call and tell him we’re just about here, please?” Megan asked.

“Of course I can.”

I fumbled around with my phone before dialing his number. After a quick conversation, I slid my phone back into my pocket. Megan hit the left turn signal and entered the parking lot. Colin and Valerie were standing out front of the movies. They didn’t notice us at first because they were looking at each other with smiles on their faces, clearly flirting like crazy.

“Aww, look how happy my baby brother looks,” Megan commented with a smile.

Colin looked up and noticed our car. He smiled and waved and took Valerie’s hand in his. He slowly led her to the car and opened the door for her. Valerie is an attractive girl. Her long, brown hair rests just above her shoulders. She’s not as pretty as Megan of course, but Megan’s extremely hard to top, so I can’t hold that against her.

Valerie silently slid into the car with Colin very close behind her.

“Hey guys,” Colin said, adjusting his seat beat as Valerie did the same. “This is Valerie. Valerie, this is Megan and Nick.”

“Hey Valerie, it’s nice to meet you!” Megan said, turning around and shaking Valerie’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Megan! You’re an extremely talented player,” Valerie replied.

“Aw, thank you. I’m sure you know Nick Jonas, right?”

Valerie turned her attention towards me as I held out my hand for her to shake. The color and expression of her face changed as she stared at me. Flattery came over me. I know the look she’s giving me. I see hundreds of them at meet and greets. She’s a fan.

“Y-yeah, I know who you are. I’m a huge fan. Your voice is amazing.”

“Isn’t it?” Megan said, laughing and quickly rubbing my knee with her hand.

“Thank you very much.” I moved slightly in my seat as Megan turned out of the parking lot and began gaining speed.

“Are we going back home?” Megan questioned.

“Yup, Val is coming over for a little bit.”

“So how was the movie? Wait, what was the movie?” Megan asked.

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist. I thought it was pretty good,” Colin said.

“I thought it was adorable. I loved it,” Valerie agreed.

“Have we ever gone to the movies, Meg?” I asked.

“I don’t think so. Do you think we could get away with it if we tried to?”

“You never know until you try. Movies next week?”

“Absolutely.”

“We should go on a double date,” Valerie suggested.

“Oh my gosh. How cute would that be? Going on a double date with my little bro.” I turned around because I knew Colin would be blushing with embarrassment. “Let’s do it,” Megan said, as I was still facing the backseat. I looked at Valerie. She looked a little too excited. I’m surprised she suggested that. Not Colin. Could she be…nah.

Megan pulled into the garage and put the car in park. I hopped out of the car and met Megan at the front. I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips. She gently bit my lower lip as she pulled away. More later, she mouthed at me. I rolled my eyes and pretended to be shocked as I mouthed back, you tease.

The four of us headed to the family room. Valerie and Colin sat on the couch as I lazily sat on the loveseat. Megan came into the room. Colin took the remote and turned the TV on.

“Come here, baby doll,” I said to her.

She strolled over towards me. I held out my hand. When she took it, I pulled her onto the couch and held her close to me. I looked at the couch. Colin was intently watching the TV, but Valerie was watching us. Well, she was watching me.

“I want some ice cream,” Megan announced.

“We have some in the freezer,” Colin said. Megan stood up, still holding my hand.

“Does anyone else want any?” I said yes as Valerie and Colin did too.

“Colin and I will handle it,” I suggested.

“Aw, you two are sweet,” Megan said, kissing my cheek.

“Where is the bathroom?” Valerie asked.

“I’ll show you,” Megan offered. Colin and I headed to the kitchen while Megan headed towards the bathroom with Valerie behind her.

Megan’s POV

After showing Valerie where the bathroom is, I ran upstairs to grab a sweatshirt. On my way back to the kitchen, where I knew I had a nice bowl of ice cream waiting for me, I heard a voice in the bathroom. I stopped to listen, confused as to who it was.

“I’m not kidding, I actually sat in the same car as Nick Jonas…I know... Nick and Colin are dishing out ice cream for Megan and me… The movie was good. I had to sit through the whole movie with Colin’s arm around me, which sucked…He’s not my type… Of course the date was worth it. I’m hanging out with NICK JONAS right now… I know. She’s the only problem. They kissed in front of me and I wanted to hit her….Yeah, well I should go. They’re probably wondering where I am. I can’t keep Nick waiting!”

I was absolutely appalled. She is using Colin to try to get to my boyfriend! She wanted to hit me?! If there would be no consequences, I would hit her for trying to use my brother! Its girls like these that make me worried about Colin.

I quickly ran back to the family room and sat back on the love seat. The boys were still getting the ice cream. Perfect. I can talk to this bitch and set her straight. Valerie came strolling back into the room with a smile on her face.

“Hey Megan,” she said, all perky. I cringed.

“Hey Val,” I responded. “So what do you think of my brother? Do you like him?”

“Yes! Colin is amazing. He’s so funny and so down to earth. I can’t wait to get to know him more.”

“Yeah, I don’t really think that’s going to happen.”

“Wh-what?”

“I happened to walk passed the bathroom while you were having your little conversation.” Her face sank. She knew she was busted.

“Oh, I...I guess I should leave now.”

“I think that would be a good idea. But I just need to say something. My brother is one of the most amazing people I know. And I know a lot of people, so that says a lot. He doesn’t need girls like you around. He doesn’t need people using him to get to me OR my boyfriend. That was a sick joke you tried to play on him. If you ever think about doing something like that to another guy, I hope you think twice.”

I stood up and walked to the door. I opened it and waited for her to grab her coat. She approached the door silently and stepped out. She turned around to face me.

“I’m sorry,” Valerie said, before turning around and walking down the front path. I shut the door and walked back to the family room. Colin and Nick were back in their seats with their bowls and another bowl next to them.

“Where’s Valerie?” Colin asked.

“She left.”

“Why?" Colin said, looking confused and hurt. "Did you have anything to do with it?” He said, semi-accusingly.

“Colin, listen…”
♠ ♠ ♠
finally an update! i've been seriously busy!

comment&subscribe :]