Wool Over Your Eyes

Texting

-Hey… wats up? Juliet texted ‘Adam’.

Joe picked up his phone when it started vibrating. –Text from Juliet- He smiled.

Nothing much. How’s skool?

-UGH! Totally boring! Only a month until it’s over! =)

Seriously! It’s pretty cool being homeschooled but it gets boring after awhile. Joe texted back.

-I seriously can’t wait. So where do you live again?

You’re not going to stalk me are you? I know how you can’t resist! LOL

Juliet actually laughed out loud. -stalk Brokeback? No thanks.

Joe rolled his eyes. Will I ever get rid of that nickname? And I live in New Jersey, but now I’m chillin in LA

-nope the name stays. Sweet hows LA?

Pretty tight. I like it here.

“Juliet! Please pay attention!” Her history teacher called.

“I am.” Juliet rolled her eyes.

“Then what was the question I just asked?” He asked crossing his arms.

“When did the revolution start, and why?” She answered, her eyes hard, daring him to push her more.

“Very good Miss Grey.” The teacher said surprised.

“MmmHmm.” She rolled her eyes again.

Hey where’d you go?

Juliet looked at her cell when the screen lit up.

-Stupid teacher accusing me of not paying attention please I’m a perfect multi-tasker.

Ur not allowed to have cells at skool?

-not during the class, but u know rules r meant to be broken… so Brokeback any hot guys in LA?

Joe groaned in exasperation.

I wouldn’t kno I’m not looking.

-u don’t have to act 4 me. Let ur true self out…

Ok well I’m going to go we have some more skoolwork to do.

Ok Brokeback have fun… it’s going to be ok u’ll open up in time.

Joe rolled his eyes at the last text, and got up to find his brothers.
---
“So when’s the homo-brothers concert?” Juliet asked sitting down at lunch.

“In like a week!” Dawn said happily. “We’re going to see them live! I’m so excited!”

“Sounds stimulating. I can’t believe you guys are making me go!” She complained.

“Come on Jules. I want all my best friends to share this with me!” Trisha pleaded.

“Yeah, yeah. I just don’t see what ya all see in them. They’re just a bunch of guys who hardly know how to sing.”

Trisha and Dawn gasped. “They so know how to sing!” Dawn defended.

“Whatever ya all say.” She replied stuffing her face with her PB and J sandwich.
---
Juliet walked home savoring the cool afternoon. It was sunny, but a nice breeze kept her cool. Her cell vibrated. –TEXT FROM BROKEBACK- she smiled. She and Adam had been talking for awhile now. He always made her laugh, and it was fun teasing him. She’d never had a really good relationship with any guy. She tried to have some guy-friends, but that never really worked. She was too competitive, and she didn’t mesh well with them. She had some guy friends, but that was because they’ve been at the same school since forever.

Dawn and Trisha thought the fact that Juliet never really had an interest in guys was because of her mother. Juliet’s mother always had a different guy each month. So Juliet never really experienced the love a mother and a father share. They think Juliet’s scared it won’t work, and she’ll end up hurt like her mother.

Maybe the reason why Juliet’s relationship with Adam is working is because they don’t see each other, that because it all technological. Juliet’s keeping her friendship with Adam a secret because she doesn’t know how long it’ll last. She doesn’t want to have her friend’s hopes up only to be crashed down when nothing happens.

Hey I’ve found a nickname for ya!

Juliet smiled. What could he possibly have dubbed her?

Oh yeah? Hit me…

“Joe! What are you doing smiling at your cell like a crazy person?” Nick asked sitting next to his brother. Joe quickly shut his phone.

“Nothing.” He replied innocently.

Nick raised an eyebrow. “Really?” He asked.

“Really, really.” Joe nodded.

“Anyways… we’re going shopping with Kev so get up.”

“Aww! We’re going guitar shopping huh?” He whined.

“Probably.” Nick stood up.

“BOR-ring!” Joe complained.

Nick shrugged. “What can we do?”

Joe was sitting in the car wiggling like mad he just told Juliet the nickname he thought of, and was waiting for the reply. He giggled girlishly to himself.

“Are you okay Joseph?” Kevin asked looking through the rearview mirror. “Didn’t we tell you to go pee before we left?” He asked.

“Oh I don’t have to pee.” Joe answered calming down slightly.

“Oookay.” Kevin said concentrating on the road.

Joe’s phone vibrated, and he eagerly looked down.
You named me Romeo? Are you serious? Wow Brokeback I thought you’d come up with something better than that.

Joe laughed quietly to himself.

Hey it fits little miss drama. You’re very DRAMATIC with this whole ‘I’m gay’ thing. Plus ur Juliet, and ROMEO is the counterpart… so yeah! Don’t deny it you LOVE it!

You just admitted your gayness. You said ‘I’m gay’ HAHA

Joe re-read his text. You’re very dramatic with this whole ‘I’m gay’ thing. Darn! I kinda did!

You know wat I mean! Plus would you seriously talk with a gay guy?

Hey! We could go shopping together!!

Joe laughed at this, but covered it up with a cough when he found his brothers looking at him. “I’m-uh-have something in my throat… yeah.” He said hitting his chest with his fist, and clearing his throat.

Nick just rolled his eyes and turned the volume of the radio up higher. Joe didn’t really want his brothers to know he was still talking to Juliet. They wouldn’t understand the way she intrigued him, and made him smile and laugh like no other. They’d only been talking for a few weeks, but he knew he could tell her anything. He wasn’t sure if he liked her just yet though. Right now she was his best friend. And plus she thought he was gay remember? Oh and not to mention the fact that she hates his guts! Not Adam’s guts, Joe’s. He probably would never get to see her in real life, unless he had a disguise but even then… no probably never. That saddened him.

I’d go shopping with you even if I wasn’t gay…

If? She asked.

I mean I will go shopping, and I’m NOT gay!

Hey I just realized something! Romeo’s a GUYS name… y do u want me to have a GUYS name hmmm?

Joe smacked his head with his palm. How could he forget that? Drat!

RRRGGG u make me frustrated!

(LAUGHING) that’s nice to know… am I hitting a nerve?

You really are horrible… you’re punishment? I’m not going to talk to you the rest of the day!

Would you really not talk to YOUR Romeo?

Joe laughed silently, but didn’t text back. She would crack before he did.
---
Juliet waited for Adam to text back. Maybe he really wasn’t going to. She shrugged. Well then. He’ll crack first. Juliet began her homework, and of course being Juliet she got bored quickly. She began to think about everything that happened that day, and kept on thinking of stuff she would tell Adam. Maybe I should… no! He’ll text me first!She realized how much she told, and talked to Adam. It was nice to always have someone there. She smiled to herself. He was a good friend.
---
Joe got about an hour of no talking until he cracked. He needed to talk to Juliet, Kevin and Nick we’re so boring.

Okay I forgive you…

Finally! I was like dying without you!

Oh really?

Not in THAT way! It’s REALLY fun making fun of you.

Whatever!

So what are you doing?

Guitar shopping with my brothers

Yeah? Sounds… totally boring

It is! It’s like… ‘Should I get this one? … No it doesn’t match any clothes I wear’ blah-blah-blah and he HAS to play like every guitar!

Wow sounds even more boring. Is he a good player?

Yeah he taught himself, and he’s pretty good

Juliet and Joe talked well into the night. The week flew by and it was time for the dreaded night before the concert. The girls were staying over at Trisha’s house.

---
“Hey people.” Juliet said walking into the house.

“Hey Jules! Can you believe in like hours we’ll be seeing the Jonas Brothers?” Dawn asked her face glowing.

“I’m so excited I’m shaking in my boots!” She replied sarcastically.

“Hey! None of that! Please at least pretend to like them!” Trisha said.

“OMG! Is John like so hot?! And Nate isn’t he a cutie, and Kane is so hot I’m going to die! And I’m so excited I’m like not even breathing. If this is a dream please don’t wake me up because I’m going to see the JONAS BROTHERS!!” she cheered jumping up and down.

“It’s JOE, NICK, and KEVIN!” Dawn yelled.

“Same difference.” She waved off, and flopped on the couch.

“At least she got the band name right.” Trisha shrugged.

“Hey girls! Aren’t you excited for tomorrow?” Trisha’s mom asked.

“Super excited Mrs. Conner!” Juliet cheered. “How was that?” She asked looking at her friends.

They smiled a little. “Better.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a little long up-date! what do ya all think??
is it too early to ask for banners???