I'll never leave you

Flashback

And life moves on, I thought as the bell rang and we stood up.
"Come here," James said and pulled me close to him. He placed my hands around his neck and put his arms around me, under my arms. He squeezed me really hard, and when I finally managed to pull away, my chest was aching again. He gave Maria a short hug and ran away. I sighed, picked up my backpack, and started walking.
~After school~
How can you stand this? It's sooo boring!
I enjoy school. Helps me keep my mind off things.
What things?Well, mainly...you,
I said, smiling sheepishly.
She sent me an image of her slapping me, but I ignored it. She was so violent.
Damn straight!I laughed at her, but cut myself short when my ride pulled up. No need to look even crazier than normal.
"What are you laughing about?" Patton asked.
"A joke my friend told me," I lied.
Awwww. That's the first time you've referred to me as a friend. I'm touched.
Well, sometimes you can be. Most of the time your just annoying.

Payton gave a mental shrug. Oh, well.
"Ok," Patton said, but he rolled his eyes. I was lying through my teeth, and he knew it.
"Whatever, Patton," I said, and turned to look out the window.
"Your especially pissy today," he commented.
"Sorry."
"I'll tell Zane" he threatened. I turned to face him, eyes narrowing to slits.
"You wouldn't."
"Wanna bet?" he asked, holding up his cell phone. Payton was all for threatening him.
"And what exactly would you tell Zane?"
"That your pissy and depressed."
"I'm not depressed."
"Then are you admitting that your pissy?" he challenged. I sighed, exasperated.
"No." By now, Payton was starting to imagine squeezing the breath out of him. Normally, she liked Patton, but he sure knew how to get on her nerves!
"I'm going to tell him anyways, just to annoy you," Patton said. I grabbed him in a headlock and ruffled his hair.
"Don't tell Zane, or I swear I'll do this in front of your friends," I swore in a light voice, giving in to Payton. Not exactly the kind of threat I was going for, but it works. I tried to imagine what she had wanted me to say, and shuddered.
"Ok, ok," Patton said, and I released him. "But we just drove by him. He waved, but you missed it."
"What?" I shrieked and looked out the window. I didn't see him.
"You little liar!" He shrugged.
"Sorry."
"No your not," I said, then I let it go. But I wished that we really had seen Zane. Zane had been my best friend for four years now. He was a senior, and since I'm only a sophomore, I rarely get to see him. Zane is amazing. He's dark and mysterious and very romantic, and girls are always fighting over him. That's the only bad thing about Zane, the girls that we can never seem to escape, all the enemies I make just by being his best friend. He's currently single, because so many pretty girls like him, he just can't choose. I remembered the first time I'd met Zane.
~Flashback~
I stumbled towards the lunch tables on my first day of school at Glenview middle. My advanced classes required me to have second lunch, with the seventh and eighth graders. I had never felt more alone in my life. I had no friends. I waited in the lunch line with my arms crossed as people laughed with their friends all around me. Dressed in all black, I was scorching. When I had my lunch, I sat down at the end of a table near the back of the cafeteria. A few other people were there, but they sat as far away from me as possible, like being "emo" was a disease. For ten minutes I ate in silence. I threw my trash away, and was shocked to find that when I looked back, there was a boy there. I sank slowly into my seat.
"Hi, I'm Zane," he said, with a smile that would cause anybody to fall for him.
"You’re my experiment for this year."
~End flashback~
He chose me, I marveled. Me of all people.
No, sugar. He chose US.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!

Thank you,
Threnody.