Turn The Other Way

"Since when did you two get together?"

I smiled, blushing, and looked to the floor. “I guess,” I replied with a small laugh.

“When did you figure this out?” he asked. I heard him take a step toward me.

I nervously wrung my hands. This is such a repeat of that night. That night everything seemed so much easier. But now, Matt and I have a past, a real, meaningful past.

“I’ve sorta been thinking about it for a while,” I told him with a quick shrug.

“You have, have you?” he asked. I felt his arms pull themselves around me. He grabbed my hands, stopping their motion. My heart started to beat faster. All bad memories vanished in that moment and the heat of the ending summer flew onto me tenfold. He kissed the back of my head. “Guess what, I love you too,” he murmured. I leaned my head onto his chest and smiled. The door opened and closed softly, telling us Laura went back to her place, and that Emma was sleeping in her arms.

Matt kissed the side of my head, down to my cheek, and then trailed kisses across my jaw line and finally one to my lips. He held it there for a bit and I didn’t stop him. I couldn’t. I wanted him too much, but I wasn’t going to make the same mistake I did before I left to Ohio. I have to admit it to myself; I can’t run anymore. Even if I run, Matt’s only going to catch up to me again.

Maybe it’s just fate.

I can’t turn the other way anymore; I can’t shy away from my problems. I have to face them dead on. I turned around quickly in Matt’s grasp and slammed my lips onto his. My arms went around his neck and held him closer to me.

I never wanted to let go.

Everything was lost in that innocence that turned dirty, sexual and passion filled. I forgot about why Matt left me, him dating Val, us arguing, everything. I just remembered why we were together in the first place. It wasn’t lust; it wasn’t any sexual need that needed to be filled. We were together in the first place because we loved each other. He enjoyed my company and I enjoyed his.

Matt’s tongue slipped easily into my mouth and mine into his. My hand played with the hair on the back of his head while his hands grabbed my waist softly, yet securely as I was on my tippy toes.

“I should’ve never let you go,” Matt said breathlessly before he kissed my lips once more.

I pulled away. “I wouldn’t have cared if you weren’t ready for kids,” I told him before kissing him again.

“You’re amazing, Lynn,” he said before kissing me again.

“So are you,” I repeated his actions. We were out of breath, but we didn’t care. Ask either of us and our answer would’ve been clear. We were trying to make up for the lost time.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” I replied. Matt gently pushed me up against the nearest wall and pressed his body into mine. I moaned in anticipation mixed with pain from the surgery. I didn’t care, but Matt quickly pulled away.

“Are you okay?” he asked with concern dripping from his voice.

“I’m fine, now kiss me again,” I said pulling him into me once again. I lifted my leg from the floor and hooked it onto his hip. Our mouths fuse together, moving perfectly in time to each other’s movements. I didn’t want this to end. But we each pulled away; Matt placed his forehead on mine and closed his eyes. We panted heavily, trying to gain our normal breathing pattern.

“I missed that,” I admitted. Matt smiled.

“I did too.”

“I missed you,” I said next.

“I missed you like crazy.”

“What’s going to happen with us now?”

Matt’s eyes snapped open and he lifted his head to look at me. “What do you mean?”

“I mean… are we together? What about the distance thing… and you in the tour? You’ve got to do that, Matt. You love it.”

“Well, I hope we’re together, I don’t care about the distance, and don’t worry about the tour. If we’re really meant to be together, like I know we are then those last two things will matter. Do you want to be in a relationship?”

I looked into his hazel eyes. “Matt,” I sighed. “I’m in love with you. I think I always have been no matter the times I went through. Of course I want to be with you, babes.”

Matt’s smile grew and his kissed me once more.

“I’ll call you every day and we’ll talk for hours on the phone and I’ll miss you like crazy and then when the tour is over I’ll come visit you constantly and then we’ll be together and everything will be great because I’m with you and-“

“Matt,” I laughed as he spun me.

“Yeah, babe?” he asked, stopping.

“I’m going to throw up!” I said still laughing.

“Oh, right,” he quickly put me down and I sat in the couch almost immediately. Matt sat next to me and I positioned myself so my head was in his lap. “So are we together?”

“You haven’t properly asked me yet,” I said with a smirk.

“Of course,” he said, clearing his throat dramatically. “BridgetLynn Erica Haner?”

I giggled. “Yes, Matthew Charles Sanders?”

“Will you be mine forever and ever… and ever and ever?” he asked goofily.

I laughed and nodded, looking up at him from his lap. “I will.”

“Yay!” he exclaimed, kissing my forehead, then the tip of my nose, and finally my lips. “You are so much prettier than Brian.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I know. He won’t admit it though.”

“Well, I think you are.”

“And that’s all that matters?” I asked.

“It should. I mean… I did kick some guy’s ass for you.” I laughed.

“Yeah, you did, and you were saying some pretty awesome and sweet things about me.”

“You heard that?”

I laughed. “I did, and I appreciate it.” Matt leaned down and kissed me once again, much like we did earlier. The door opened once again, but we didn’t stop.

“EW! Zacky… stop them!” We looked up now, at Gena hiding her face in Zacky’s chest.

I laughed. “Since when did you two get together?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I have the rest written up and by someone asking, there will be a number 21, although it will be the epilouge. So... enjoy!