Turn The Other Way

What?!

I quickly ran to the living room and out of the front door, tackling Brian who was the first out of the van. Laughing as I hugged him, I squeezed my brother tight.

“Hey there,” Brian said, ruffling my hair. “You haven’t changed one bit.”

“Says you.” I ruffled his hair this time, nearly shaking his head. “You haven’t cut your hair at all. Letting it grow?”

“Yes I am,” he said proudly. I laughed and watched as Michelle came out.

“Hey ‘Shelle,” I told her. She looked up at me after she almost tripped on her shoe. A big smile plastered itself on her face.

“Lynnie!” I laughed as she hugged me hard and thoroughly.

“I’ve missed you, too,” I told her right before I was involuntarily shoved into a group hug. “Hey, you guys. What’s up?” I said, while still being hugged.

“You need to come back to Huntington,” Zack told me.

“I agree!” Gena said.

“But I like it here,” I told them.

“In Ohio?” Jimmy asked like his normal smartass self.

“Yes. In Ohio. Your hair isn’t ten feet tall anymore, Jimmy! What happened?”

Jimmy sighed. “Short shit got gum in it.”

I looked to Johnny. “Well that was mean.”

“But extremely funny,” said Johnny.

“But still mean,” Gena said. “Took me forever to cut it.”

“Well back up, let me take a look at all you guys,” I said. Everyone backed up to the van and I looked at them. “Getting more tattoos without me, eh?” They laughed.

“I told them not to, but who listens to an old man?”

“Daddy!” I screamed, running up to my father. He was behind the van the whole time in hiding. I gave him a hug and he gave one back.

“How’ve you been?” he asked.

“Busy,” I replied with a laugh.

“Emma?” Brian asks as I lead the group to Laura’s place.

“Yes. Emma.”

“Who’s Emma?” Matt asks. I thought Brian would tell everyone about her.

“The most adorable little girl you’ll ever meet,” I respond. “There’s my place, and this is Laura’s.” I opened the front door and ushered everyone in. “Laura!” I call.

“Yeah?!”

“I’ve brought people with me!”

“Who?” She called back, bringing a freshly bathed toddler in her arms with a Spongebob shirt on. Let me tell you, that girl loves Spongebob.

As soon as Laura saw who I was meaning, a smile brightened her face. “Oh my God, you guys!” She handed Emma to me and gave everyone a hug. “What’re you doing here?”

“We decided to come up here since you won’t go to Huntington,” Jimmy told her.

“Oh, bull. You won’t just come to Ohio just for a visit,” I said.

“Okay, so we’re on tour. We have a show in Columbus and saw London wasn’t too far away,” Zack said.

“We sound like fu-“

“Hey!” Laura said, cutting Brian off. “There’s an impressionable 14 month old there that will repeat what you say.” Laura pointed to Emma.

“Okay… um… we sound like… funny… stalkers?” I laughed at Brian.

“You do sound like stalkers.”

“Was London just on the way or out of the way?” I asked.

“It was on the way. Don’t worry,” Dad told me. “I just came cause I’d be able to see you.” He gave me a side hug and I smiled.

“How are Suzy and McKenna?”

“They are doing very well,” Brian replied.

“Mommy,” Emma whined, pointing to the car past the windows.

“Ah, poor baby,” Laura said, bringing the child in her arms. “We’ll go soon, okay?” Emma nodded.

“I promised her ice cream if she let Laura give her a bath,” I told everyone.

“Aww… she’s so cute!” Gena gushed.

“Yeah, I know.” I watched as Emma rested her head on Laura’s shoulder.

“Whose kid is she?” Johnny asked.

“Nice way of blurting it out, dipsh-“ Laura visibly glared at Brian. “…shake.”

“I think Brian’s making his own bad words!” Jimmy said with a laugh.

“Who wants ice cream?” I asked. Everyone said yes. “Okay, then follow... Laura!” We started outside, Matt staying behind.

“Hey,” he said. Wow. This was awkward.

“Hey eyeliner wearing Matt, what’s up?”

He chuckled a bit. “Nothing much. We’re just touring. Have an album coming out next month too. It sounds pretty awesome.”

“Congrats.” We went out the door after I grabbed my purse. I locked the door for Laura.

“Thanks. It’s hard, but I like it. So… what’ve you been up to?”

“Taking care of a small, ‘impressionable 14 month old’ that can’t get enough of Spongebob.”

Matt stopped. “Is she… I mean…”

“No. It’s Laura’s baby.” Matt visibly sighed. “I gave ours up for adoption.”

“What?!”

I laughed. “I’m joking. The dates wouldn’t match up. Besides… I… I can’t have kids.” We didn’t move or speak for a moment.

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, it’s fine. The doctor said I was infertile… I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.” I laughed, trying to cover up the hurt. “Whatever that means.” I shrugged and fidgeted with my hair. I’ve taken out my piercings here recently. “Guess that explains the periods not happening every month, all those pregnancy scares when I didn’t have a period and the miscarriage…” Tears pricked but I kept them at bay.

Matt hugged me and unexpectedly, I hugged him back.

“I’m sorry. I know you’ve always wanted kids.”

I pulled away. “Yeah, well, you know… I have Emma as a godchild.” I shrugged again and smiled.

“She’s a cute kid.” We started walking again toward the van, where I would drop Matt off and walk to Laura’s car.

“I know. Well, I’ll see you at the Polar Bar.” I sent him a small smile before walking over to Laura’s car.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I assume I tricked a lot of people with that intro? hehe.

anyway... Thanksh for the comments everyone... that commented!!

Ok, so I think you should know. I got this idea when trying to sleep. How about doing like this Q and A thing. You ask me questions particularly about the story and I'll answer them in an epilougue type thing when it's over. I think it sounds cool. If I get about 10 or so Qs I may just do it.

oh, and if you send me a question, send it through the message thing and tell which story it's pretaining to because I'm doing this with all.