Status: ACTIVE

Sounds Coming From Soundproof Walls

As An Accomplice

This wasn’t exactly how I planned of spending my first afternoon here on tour. Since we were on our way to Oregon, we would definitely have as many stopovers as possible. Now I’m wondering why Dad didn’t just save us all the time and flied us there instead of a long bus trip. This was our first stop: a local park ‘n go station at some expressway. From the outside, I can already see a lot of fangirls surrounding the buses – some asking for photographs and the others for autographs. The rest of the guys who weren’t busy doing their ‘job’ were either resting inside their buses or buying snacks from the grocery outside.

While the three of us: Mike, Butcher and I were discussing some very ‘important’ manners regarding tour pranks. First victims? William Eugene Beckett and Michael Guy Chislett. Apparently, the two guys were known for being the most sensitive people in the group, so the rest of the guys decided to conspire against them. They gave them the honor of being the first people to be joked.

And they had an accomplice – me.

“So?”

Oh, man, here we go.

“Are you willing to do it, Ms. Harper? Are you willing to take one hit for the team?” The Butcher asked with such conviction that I thought that I was nearly about to give in to his ridiculous request. Now, I think my ear is about to explode from all these nonsense. I mean, I’ve been listening to him the whole afternoon blabbering on his first tour prank inside the bus. Can’t I have some space? I just want to sleep after all the work Dad made me do last night. “Can you do it, Ms. Harper? Can you?”

“Alena,” I corrected him. “It’s Alena only.” He was seriously testing my patience.

Butcher nodded, agreeing with me. Suddenly, the bus door opened and Sisky slid in as he glanced back. He then used a thumbs-up as a sign and walked towards Butcher, Mike and I. “People, the targets are inside the Cobra’s bus exactly as planned.” Sisky briefly explained with a hint of secrecy on his voice. “We still have around an hour or two for preparations.” I gulped. This was starting to feel like a secret society.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be a part of it.

Then, the three of them revolved their eyes on me. How creepy. I never want to be seen by these much men in my life ever again. “Are you gonna do it?” Sisky asked, leaning his face way too near me. In a second, I grimaced, moving my face away immediately. “So, are you?” He asked persistently once more. I gulped. What if he moved his face even closer? Then, with his close proximity, he would’ve been able to kiss me. Yikes.

I don’t even want to talk about it.

I nodded. “Fine,” My voice stopped short. “I’ll do it.”

Mike smiled, reaching out his hand for me to shake. “Welcome to Warped Tour 2006, Boss.” He said in a way that made me silently shrill. It seems that he wants me to shake his hand because they were still there right in front of me. I felt some reluctance with shaking his hands.

After all, I don’t do those things. “Thank you, Mike.” I said, agreeing.

“Let the pranks begin.”

***

The night was creeping in quickly when Bill and Chizzy finally came back inside the bus. Not that I was waiting. Sure enough, though, they bought us some long time for our future evening deeds. I plopped down on an Indian seat as I ate a (delicious) hearty dinner fully made by The Butcher himself. Who would’ve known that he was taking lessons back in Chicago? I surely didn’t. Sisky was making some crunching noises so I assumed that even he enjoyed it. The Butcher and Mike were both busy making even more num-nums.

“So,” Bill said out loud as he sat down BESIDE me. I think I’m about to hyperventilate. “What’s for dinner?” He asked casually, looking at me with his usual brazen smile on his face. Even though he was out for almost the whole day, for some reason, Bill still smelled quite fresh. “I’m kinda hungry.” I bit my lip.

I think I’m starting to drool.

I looked down on my plate, which was completely clean. This is what I considered to be a breaking record because never have I ever finished a plate full of food ever before. “Umm,” I tried to speak smartly. Who knows what’ll Bill think if I let my guard down? “It’s something made by Butcher.” I forced myself not to bite my lip. Sorry, bad habit, I know. “It’s really good. Go ask him.”

Nice move, Lena.

“Thanks. I will then.” Bill nodded, and then he bounced off to the back to get some grub.
I finally bit my lip.

Here’s a little reminder to myself: This bus is haunted. No, not in that way, of course. If it was, then I would’ve done everything I could to stay a hundred kilometers away from this bus. It was just the way that Butcher wanted me to see it during this night. A haunted bus filled with five guys and a girl. Today was going to be scary, he claimed.

To see it, all I have to do was to follow instructions.

“I have to see this for myself.” I thought inside.

***

That night, Bill and Chizzy went out for another session with the Cobras. Butcher had it all planned out even from days before. Now, I was beginning to actually feel excited. This was it: my first tour and not to mention the first prank that I will ever do on someone else. My anticipation was rising, and it was beginning to feel harder to hide.

When Bill came back with assload of food, he asked me what I was smiling about – of course I made-up an excuse. I said that there was this really freaky man on the evening news. He laughed at the thought of it, and I ended up smiling back even though it really wasn’t the reason I was smiling in the first place. Bill looks even better when he smiles. I wish I did too.

As Butcher was explaining the mechanics, Sisky was busy looking from the open view of the Cobra’s bus. From my view, I could see that they were all having fun. They were having drinks and delicious conversation – that’s for sure. “When Bill and Chizz come back, there’ll be absolutely no lights.” He said, pointing his finger. “It’s up to you to remember everything that we’ve talked about the whole afternoon. Okay?”

I nodded, possibly treading some serious ground.

“Be sure to stay as hidden as possible.” Mike reminded me.

Then, the three of us placed all the much needed props for this possible work of art and hid at our respective places.

This was going to be one hell of a night.

ooo

That night, Chizzy and I were both – possibly – extremely drunk after our session with the Cobras. We practically drank our asses out with all the liquor possible inside their cabinet. To be honest, I tried to stop after my third glass – but then I failed. And Chizz stopped at his second. I was utterly amazed at Gabe who drank at least a bottle or two. Vicky went crazy, too. Amazing.

When we finally got back to our bus, the lights were already oddly turned off. It seemed that nobody was awake. I took the liberty of taking my cell out of my pocket and checked the time. It was only 1:15 AM, and everyone was already asleep. In my head, I actually expected that everyone – even Alena – would spend a little time late seeing as this was our first day of touring.

“I’m going in. See you tomorrow morning, Bill.” Chizz greeted, slightly slurred in speech and wobbly as he walked in deeper to the hall before going inside his bunk. He didn’t even bother to wash-up or something. Chizz must’ve been really tired. Poor guy.

Huh.

I didn’t bother to respond back to him. Because I know that he wasn’t going to respond back anyway. Chizzy was too tired to have another small talk, and that is something that I respected. Everyone still had weeks to adjust to a new schedule. Late night drinks would just have to wait.

I decided to snag some drink and watch some late night shows before hitting the sack. I wasn’t exactly THAT sleepy so I found it best to lie around and listen to other people’s crap live on television. I took a bottle of Gatorade and lounged down on the couch, waiting for some miracle to happen.

“Bill,” Someone suddenly said, making me jerk in surprise. I spilled some juice over myself, and almost everywhere. “You’re up this late?”

All I can say is: Fuck.

It was just Sisky. “Yeah,” I said, sitting up properly, capping the bottle. I knew it wasn’t right that I drank something sweet right after an amazing beer session. I think I’m starting to feel sick. “Just got back from the Cobras,” Where the hell is the bathroom in this joint again?
“Oh,” Sisky walked closer, ignorantly crossing his arms. His eyebrows crossed. “Any chance you saw Alena?” He asked me, looking pensively right at my eyes. “We’ve been looking everywhere for her.”

Well, that’s some news to me.

“Huh?” Why? “Where did she go?”

“Nobody knows. I’m actually starting to get pretty worried.” Sisky’s lips slanted, almost imitating Alena’s usual sign of disapproval. Of course it didn’t look good on him as it did on Alena. It made Sisky look like a mumbling idiot – that’s for sure. “She’s been gone the very second you guys left.”

What?

“You didn’t see her? Are you sure?” Sisky pressed once more, trying to look for more information on someone who had just come in from a drinking session – and is possibly really drunk. “I mean, come on, you must know where she is.”

So, does it look like I have an idea?

“Sisky!” The Butcher called out, coming from the back hall. He was clutching tightly on his cell. “Alena’s gone totally invisible. Even the patrol guards haven’t seen her.”

I gulped.

“Even the beegees (bodyguards) haven’t seen her.” Sisky countered back. “Do you think that she’s been abducted or something?”

I don’t know.

“What do you mean?” I finally had the guts to interrupt. I mean, of course I did. This was ALENA missing. Not some Sisky who can easily find his way back through some odd portal only Siskys know. And there was a big difference. “I thought she was here with you guys?”

“Dude.” Mike suddenly popped out from the dark hall, his eye bags evident from possibly searching. “We’ve searched every fucking inch of this baby.” His hands were gesturing in emotion. “Give us some credit. When YOU and Chislett were busy drinking your dicks out, our BOSS was missing.”

“Vanished! Poofed!” Sisky said in emphasis. “Oh, Lenny? Where have you gone?”

I bit my lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)