‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Sixteen

I open the door and leave the room, wherever it will take me.

I leave with my eyes closed because I need to get ready to what I might see when I open them. I want it to be somewhere near home, because I want Leana and our son back in my arms. I want it to be home, but in the moment I left it. I want it to be the hospital, that place where I left my wife and my baby boy to meet that place of terror – that house that gave me visions of my Beautiful holding another man, visions of my grown-up son doing his homework, visions of what I want to be the future, not the present.

I leave with my eyes closed, because I want this new place to be a ‘going-back’ to my wife’s embrace, but I know that it will be that corridor again, that darkness, that maze, that confusing house again. I want it to be home, but I know I’ll still be in the same place, or some place worse, since I couldn’t do what I was sent there to do. It can also be some place like Hell where I’m going to find the soul of that father, that now must be very angry at me, when once has been thankful for coming there and find the book and his instructions to help his daughter. I think about that clone of me… What does he feel now? I know how I felt when I found myself away from Leana and my son.

I leave with my eyes close, because I don’t hear anything, and for a while I keep myself like that, as my heart is still calming down from the thoughts that assaulted me back there. My mind is clean, though flashes of those visions that came to me before are now flooding it once more. My ears are attentive but empty, because the place has not one sound filling it. My eyes are closed and I’m tempted to open them, at the exact moment that some mumbling sounds come to me.

I open my eyes as a reflex. The place where I am it’s not the corridor, not even that Hell that I thought about, and it’s not home: it’s simply the hospital parking lot. The hospital… Leana! I look back and there it is: the building that I was leaving before going to that house of that father, that daughter and that clone.

It’s the hospital where Leana is sleeping and where my son is being watched by some nurse. It’s the hospital, I’m leaving it and it’s night. I see now that Matt and Val are watching me, with smiling faces, as I glance them while looking up at the sky to feel a few drops of rain falling on my skin. They’re fresh and their touch brings me to the once again real world. I smile.

I look at Val, who’s in the car with Matt, waiting for me to go home. I do a gesture with my hand telling them to wait just a little longer: I wanna go back in there to kiss Leana’s forehead and to look at my son – oh, he sure needs a name!

I run back in, gaining a deathly look from a nurse and an old lady in the waiting room, so I slow down. I now recognise this place and these halls around me, the hospital corridors are full of lights and some people, though they give me a weird feeling and some chills up my spine, as they remind me that dark one that led me to an unsolvable mission… but now it’s gone, everyone form that place is gone, and the nursery is now in front of me. My eyes immediately fly to my baby boy’s crib; he’s sleeping like… a baby. His beautiful soft features looking at his right side, while his closed eyes may be dreaming about something sweet. His mouth is slightly open, to make his chest go up and down with the air he’s inhaling. His little body lying under the blankets is so comforting because I found myself seeing him as a grown boy, but it was only a prank from the house. Fortunately, everything is perfect now. I’m back in here, and I still have a family. It’s perfect.

I walk towards Leana’s room, after blowing a small kiss in my son’s direction and smiling as I thought how amazing it is to be back and to see him perfectly. My mind is empty now, and it gets emptier as I walk in Leana’s bedroom. She’s still lying down, the same way she was before. I keep walking in silence, heart beating faster, smile showing up slowly, soul lightning widely. Her body looks perfect under the duvet. I go around the bed to face her again, and I touch her cheek really softly, to not wake her up. As soon as my hand feels the warmth of her skin, her eyes open up. She looks at me, and I look back and smile. She smiles back, her wide smile. I kiss her smoothly and whisper “I missed you” to her lips, as we pull apart.

“I love you too” she answers smiling. She looks sleepy and she sure is confused, thinking why I came back. Yes, I realize that probably the time didn’t pass by in here… I kiss her forehead and smile again, letting her close her beautiful eyes to fall asleep and leaving. I love her and I really missed her, but I don’t know if I should tell her what happened to me. We share everything but I wonder if it would make any difference. Then I see, I still have that book in my hands. He travelled with me to the real world… I have no choice but to tell my beautiful Leana what happened to me after I left her the first time. I wonder if she will understand…

I wonder as well what happened to Niamh and the mirror’s parallel dimension...
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I'm gonna miss this soooooooo much!

Anyway, I already have a plan for the sequel, which will be called Salvation. I have to have a sequel because:

1) it's been thought about 2 months ago LOL

and

2) there are some pending points about this plot - for instance, and i'm sure you're asking these questions to yourselves:

What happened to the clone?

or has Jimmy himself has just said:
I wonder as well what happened to Niamh and the mirror’s parallel dimension...

Don't worry, soon enough I'll have the first chapter online =D i mean, if you want to know the answers to these questions Hehe

*Green_Apple*