Status: Sorry for slow updates, new chapters will be posted when possible, will be completed soon!

I'm Not Free of You

Chapter 8

It's morning and I'm in dreamland. Curled up in the dark red, soft blankets in a ball till I hear a few knocks on the door, bolting me up gasping.

Outside the door, I hear a muffled voice, "Blair? Are you awake?"

It's Alfred. Feeling a weight on my neck I reach up to touch whatever it is only to gasp again and my eyes buldge.

Stammering, I say, "Y-Yeah, I'll um, I'll be down in a uh second."

"Alright miss."

Waiting till I hear he's down the other hall, I jump out of bed, taking the blankets with me. Something hits the floor with a small thud, making me turn back to see what it was. Pulling back the sheets, I groan.

"Shit, it wasn't a dream."

In front of me sits a pile of necklaces, bracelets and rings. All diamond and silver. The ones that stick out is a set of diamond claw rings.

"Shit. Shit. Shit!"

Gathering them in my hands, I run around the room trying to decide where would be a safe place to hide these. That's all I need is to try and explain to them, "Hey guys, I've been feeling like a cat lately and decided it would be a great idea to rob this place, I like the shiny things, what can I say?"

It would be the loony bin for sure. In the closet I found a empty box with a lock and key. Sighing, I glady place them in there locking it up. Making my way to the door, I take a glance at the mirror. Stopping myself, I run back while taking off the necklaces and opening the box to put it with the rest of them.

"That would be lovely to explain too." I mumble to myself.

Heading downstairs I go into the living room seeing Abbey and Bruce sitting on the couches, watching the news. My eyes nervously look towards the flat screen to see what its about. A news reporter is standing in front of the jewelry store I robbed last night. He's saying that nothing was left behind and no one saw it happen. All that was there was the 'meow' carved in the display. Gordon walks over to him and he starts to question him.

I take a seat next to Abbey, watching closely what they have to say.

"Gordon, what do you think about this? Do you believe there is a new criminal in town?"

Placing the microphone in front of him, he speaks, "Were not sure to what to think of it right now till more activity happens. Then we can decide if this is an amature or not. But for now, be safe at night, don't go out alone and if anyone has any information regarding this, please call."

What's happening to me? Not one guilty bone in my body. All there is, is a rush pumping through my veins. Excitement. I notice I'm smirking so I automatically stop.

Turning to Bruce I ask out of curiosity, "What do you think about this Bruce? Think there's a big bad kitty on the loose?"

He faces me, somewhat amused by my comment, "I think there might be someone to watch out for."

Nodding my head, I get up to head to the kitchen, a smirk pulling at my lips again.

You have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? Please?
And thank you to whoever reported this and the first part of the series because of grammar. Pretty sure its just a word or two missing a letter cause I've reread these Idk how many times. And I'm using my phone btw, not the easiest thing to do but its all I've got to update from.
I've just re read this series and only found one spelling mistake. Right....