Status: Sorry for slow updates, new chapters will be posted when possible, will be completed soon!

I'm Not Free of You

Chapter 9

Later that day around four, Bruce knocked on my door.

"Come in!"

He opens the door and smiles at me. I'm laying on my back on the floor, starring at the cieling.

A chuckle escapes his lips, "How are you feeling?"

I lift my head up so I can see him better, "I'm just bored."

Placing my head back down, he walks closer to me with his hands in his pocket, taking in my face, "What if you went shopping? I've noticed you didn't bring much with you."

I scoff, "I spent most of what I had just to get here."

He nods, pausing for a second before continuing.

"It's my treat."

My eyes dart to his face and I sit up on my elbows, "Oh Bruce, I just couldn't-"

"Couldn't say no."

I pout before a smile appears on my lips, "Do you plan on joining me?"

He hesitates for a second, "I can't actually. I have a meeting to attend. Do you want someone to join you?"

I shake my head no, "I'm a big girl, I can go alone."

"As long as you stay safe."

I jump up to hug him and he embraces me back, "Don't worry about me, ill be fine."

-third person-

At a local Gotham bank, everyone that is inside are laying on the floor for cover ad the Joker and his men rob the place dry. A gunshot rings through the building making a few scream at the sudden noise. Joker looks towards the source at the back doors to see a shaky cop with his gun raised, pointed at him. Joker raises his eyebrow and his lips twitching, ready to cut his pathetic face open. Before he could take a step forward, Harley has her malet out, coming up behind the unsuspecting cop. Bringing it up, she slams it into the side of his head, a loud crack echoes and he falls to the ground, dead.

"Sorry hunny! No shootin' allowed!"

She starts her high pitched laughter which makes the Joker roll his eyes and go back to what he was doing.

-back to Blair

Bruce being the generous man that he is, gave me a card with $2,000 on it since most of the stores in downtown are a bit pricey. I've gone through two stores already, picking a few things out, here and there but not finding something that I really, really want. A outfit to go out at night so no one will recognize me. I start thinking about the jewelry again. I loved the thrill, the excitement of not being caught. Oh what a rush it was. And its my little secret. I start looking through the black articles of clothing on the racks and don't see anything of my taste so I leave that store. Frowning as I exit the building, I start walking down the strip to find a new shop. Across the street I notice one of those sex shops. Curiosity gets the best of.me and I look both ways before crossing the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry there's not much action, there will be in the next chapter or two.
Feedback?