You can't make Mikey cry

Chapter 9

Mikey’s p.o.v.

Anger boiled deep inside me. How could she be so unfaithful? After everything that’s happened between us! How could she?
The lift the ground floor I jumped out with barely enough of the door open. I ran for the beach. I ran and ran, till I found charlotte. There she was, stood up to her ankles in sea water sucking the lips off the face of some guy. Anger continued to boil inside me. I didn’t know which one I wanted to slap, her or him. I went to carry on running towards them when my older brother Gerard grabbed hold of me.
“Gee let me go!” I struggled to get free, but it didn’t work.
“Look. Mikey come back inside the hotel let’s talk about this rationally. I’m sure she’s got a reasonable explanation for what she’s getting up to, right?” My anger lowered slightly. He was right. Gerard was all ways right.
We went back into the hotel, turning our backs on my girlfriend’s deception.

Charlie’s p.o.v.
On the beach.

“I didn’t know you were here. I mean in America?” I questioned the stranger I had just been hugging.
“I took a year out of uni ... I thought I’d come and look you up. I didn’t know exactly where to find you; it was just a matter of luck that you were here on the beach the same time as me... I wanted to escape hell.”
“Yea me too.”
“What ever did happen to you anyway?” He asked looking at my sopping jeans.
“Honestly Carl you don’t want to know.” I hugged Carl once more. “It’s good to see you after all these years.” I hugged him tighter.
“So... do you want to tell me why your jeans are socking and why you were sat in the sea a minute ago?” I wanted to lie, but even after all the lie’s I’ve told so far in my life I really couldn’t lie to Carl.
“Well ... I’m not gonna lie to you, I just kissed my boyfriends brother.” Carl looked at me shocked.
“Well Charlotte, my dear friend, you know what you have to.” I bowed my head into Carl’s chest. His fatherly charm always made me fell wanted and loved, in a strange way. He was right though. It was time to tell Mikey the truth.

Gerard’s p.o.v.

Well at least this deception took the sting out of our deception!
What was I thinking? That was such a bad thought.
I sat wondering about Charlie’s reason. Mikey paced the floor with an upset attitude. The room was filled with silence, in till the sound of chatting shattered it to thousands of tiny pieces. The voices became louder by the second.
“Charlie?” Mikey looked towards the hotel entrance. That’s where she stood. She stood there in the arms of another man. My anger rose.
“You lip lock with another dude then have the guts to bring him back here!” I ranted at her, I walked towards her. She looked confused. I couldn’t understand why, though? She knew exactly what she’d done wrong.
“Gee what are you talking about? This is my ...”
“Lover? How could you deceive me? I thought you loved me?” Mikey questioned as tears brimmed his shinning eyes.
“Mikey this is Carl my old friend!”
“Friend?” He asked confused.
“Yes... I wasn’t snogging, or lip locking as you put it Gee. There was another couple on the beach doing that. I was getting a cuddle of Carl...I...I...”
She wouldn’t?
“I was upset.”
“Why were you upset?” Mikey looked caring at his girlfriend.
“Well... you deserve to nothing but the truth, so I’m gonna tell you.”
She was! I hope he doesn’t hate me for this.

Mikey’s p.o.v.

“What is it?”
“Earlier I went to talk to Gerard” I looked at my brother. He seemed un-easy.
“I got all upset and well...” Carl nudged Charlie causing her to spit out the remainder of the sentence.
“I kissed Gerard. It wasn’t his fault it was mine, and it meant nothing. I was upset... He pushed me away.” She added quickly.
Surprisingly I was quiet calm in till it sunk in.

“You kissed Gerard?”I asked slowly, making sure I had heard this right. She nodded, shame shinning in the tears that rolled down her cheeks.
“Mikey I’m sorry...” She came towards me.
“Don’t... just don’t touch me.” I moved away, my arms raised ready to move her away.
“Just go!”
“What?”
“Go! ... LEAVE! LEAVE ME ALONE!” I screamed turning and heading for the nearest bar.

Charlie’s p.o.v.

Tears one more stained my cheeks. I was ashamed. I fell to the floor. My legs had gone week with disbelief.
“Why did you do that?” Gerard asked confused with the whole situation.
“What?” I looked at him. I could feel my mascara running a black streak of disappointment down both my pale pink cheeks.
“Take the blame.” I knew the real answer I dared tell: - I love you. But it would only be a dream for me to answer with that answer.
“I didn’t want him to hate you, like he now hates me. He is your brother after all.” I turned and looked for my old friend. Carl had left, along with my hope.
“Come on. You can’t stay down here.” Gerard helped me to my feet.