As You're Falling Down

two

“Because Max we love you! Do you want to end up like Ronnie! I know he doesn’t want you to end up like him! He loves you to. This drinking has to end!” I screamed at my plastered best friend as he stumbled into my and my brothers flat in the better side (if there is one) of Vegas at two a.m.
He just walked out of the flat back into Vegas’s nightlife. We had been arguing for the past fifteen minutes or so about his drinking habits. He comes here after getting slammed because the lame ass still lives with his mommy! Yea yea she’s sick but its not like he takes care of her. God he is so frustrating.
“Hey J just cool down ok” Bry said wiping the tears I didn’t know I had cried and wrapped me in a hug.
“Bry he’s my best friend I can’t let this happen again” I said collapsing into him. He brought me to the couch.
“Hey now we are not going to let what happened to Ronnie happen to Max you hear me” I just nodded against his chest and he sang me my favorite song.
“She held the world upon a string.
But she didn’t ever hold me.
She spun the stars on her fingernails.
But it never made her happy.
Because she couldn’t ever have me.
She said she’d won the world at a carnival.
But she couldn't ever win me.
Because she couldn’t ever catch me.
I…I know why.
Because when I look in her eyes, I just see the sky.
I don’t love you. I’m just passing the time.
You could love me.
If I knew how to lie?
But who could love me?
I am out of my mind.
Throwing a line out to sea.
To see if I can catch a dream.”