Sequel: Move Along

Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 68: Time To Say Goodbye

(Still Angel’s POV)

I sit in the airport, nervously shaking my leg as I wait for our group to board. I’m so glad that Evie’s such a deep sleeper; my bouncing leg isn’t disturbing her sleep at all.

I carefully move my wrist and glance at my watch to see that we still have a good five minutes before we’re supposed to start boarding.

It’s not too late… You can always leave; you can always go back… You can always tell him...

Chuck gently touches my arm, rubbing it comfortingly.

“Nervous flier?” he asks with a small laugh.

I shake my head. “Nah, I’m okay…”

“You going to miss everyone?”

I bite my lip. “Yeah, I am…” I reply, trying my best to keep him from my mind.

“You’ll see them at the wedding. And I’m sure they’ll come to visit.”

“Yeah…”

The wedding. Why does that word make me feel almost sick to my stomach?

Maybe if I just tell him… Maybe then I’ll feel better… I can finally move on...

“Group 3 may now board,” a voice over the intercom announces.

“That’s us,” Chuck smiles as he gets up out of his seat.

“Um, I gotta make a quick call. Let my dad know that we’re getting ready to fly out.”

“Okay, just make it quick. I don’t wanna leave you behind!”

I smile. “I will, don’t worry I’ll be on soon,” I reply as I hand him Evie.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek. “Okay, I’ll see you soon.”

I pull out my phone and quickly search my contacts, finding the number I need and pressing ‘Send’.

Please pick up the phone.

The line continues to ring.

I bite my lip nervously.

“Hey, it’s Zack. I can’t come to the phone right now, but if you leave me a message I’ll be sure to give you a shout back.”

I sigh, debating if I should leave a message or not.

I take a deep breath when I hear the beep.

It's now or never...

*POV Switch*

I stare at the TV, not really sure what I’m watching. I have the sneaking suspicion that it’s What Not To Wear, but I’m not sure since I normally don’t watch shit like this. The only reason I think that is because some chick with black hair and some guy, who I have the feeling is gay, are going around telling someone that they have no sense of fashion. But like I said, I normally don't watch this shit.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
To hold her when I'm not around,
When I'm much too far away


Where is that music coming from?

And it suddenly hits me.

I look down at my phone as if it’s possessed.

It can’t be…

Why is she calling?

She said she'd call when she got to Montreal... She can’t possibly be there already...

She can't already be gone...

I reach for my phone; but I’m too late.

I missed the call.

I quickly call her back, but her line’s busy. Great, probably leaving a message.

I let out a sigh as I hang up the phone.

I look at the screen and see that I have a voicemail.

I quickly go through the steps and get to my unheard message.

"You have one unheard message. First unheard message," the automated female voice says.

“Hey, Zacky… It’s me… I was just calling to say… I don’t know how to say this really…” Angel sighs. “I’m going to miss you like crazy when I’m out in Montreal; and it’s not because you’re one of my best friends. I love you, Zacky. I'm in love with you…” She sounds like she’s about to cry. “I’m always going to love you, Zacky. But I hope you understand that marrying Chuck’s for the best… I just… I had to let you know…” She sniffles. “Well my flight’s about to leave… I love you, Zacky… Bye.”

I hang up and stare at my phone for a good long while.

I can’t believe I missed the call…

I quickly call her back, but it goes straight to voicemail.

Her phone’s off.

I missed her…

*POV Switch*

“I love you, Zacky… Bye,” I say softly into the phone.

I hang up the phone and quickly wipe my eyes.

I guess it was best that he didn’t answer; it was hard enough telling him all that without hearing his voice. I can only imagine how hard I would have been for me to say if he had answered. How hard it would have been to hear him ask me why, to try and reason with me.

But I really needed to get that off my chest… I had to let him know how I feel, even if nothing can ever come of it.

I turn my phone off and I get into line. I give them my boarding pass and get on the plane. I find my seat and Chuck smiles up at me with Evie sound asleep in his arms. I smile, at least she doesn't cry every time he holds her now...

I take my seat and quickly fasten my belt.

“You okay?” he asks me, concern crossing his features.

“Yeah. Why do you ask?”

“You just look like you’ve been crying.”

“No, just tired is all. We did have to get up at an ungodly hour.”

He smiles and kisses my forehead. “Well, you can get plenty of sleep when we get home. I will take care of Evie as much as possible so you can get some rest. Promise.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem." He gazes into my eyes for a moment. "I love you; you know that?”

I smile at him. “Love you too, Chuck.”

I look out the window, saying my goodbyes to California in my head. Goodbye to the beaches, my friends... Goodbye to everything...

My eyes return to Chuck and he smiles at me.

It’s time to start over. It’s time to put my dirty little secret, my love for Zacky, in the past.

It’s time to say goodbye.

Goodbye to the life I could have had with Zacky.

Hello to the life I will have with Chuck.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, that's it! What did you guys think? *Ducks objects being thrown* I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I just couldn't bring myself to get them together! I wanted them together so badly, but I couldn't do it! But there's still the sequel, you never know what could happen there!

And now it's time for the thanks. It's a long list, and I may forget some people, but I have as many I could remember! Thanks very much to these readers for their many comments:

psychosocial7
evencrayonslaughatme
Damsel_Of_Darkness
BasketCaseFromFrance
MyChemicalRainbow
war_is_homo
Waking__The__Demon
ProverbofHell
Dying.Kiss
punkstar102
RAWR!
The Girl Anachronism
Queen Sarcasm
Kissing.Sin
SurferGirlSPI
CemeteryGates6661
xoHeatherxo
VengeanceMistress
Just Fake It
LoveForDeathbat
StubbornChloeSmiles

And of couse, it's Zacky's birthday. I know it's not exactly the best ending for his birthday, but I still think that it's cool to end this baby on his 27th birthday. So, say it with me, "Happy Birthday, Zacky!" Alright, very good!

The first chapter of the sequel should be up later today. And, again, thanks for reading and sticking through this! You guys are amazing!