This Little Game We Like To Play

Seis

I wake up in the afternoon. The sound of children screaming is always a pleasant way to welcome a hang over. I stumble out of my room while rubbing my eyes to regain my vision. I let my body drop into a chair next to Quinn as she eats cereal. The house was dead silent now.

“Where is everyone?” I ask laying my head on the counter top.

“Beach.” Quinn answers shortly.

I must have pissed her off pretty badly last night. Awesome. “Is there any cereal left? Or did you eat it all?” I ask smiling to myself. It was fun to torment her.

Quinn drops her spoon and it clatters loudly against the glass dish. I pick my head up and watch as Quinn’s face turns to a sickly pale color instead of the normal embarrassed blush. She get swallows her mouth full of cereal and throws the half full bowl in the sink then runs upstairs probably to cry.

I laugh to myself and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I don’t hear any sign of Quinn after I took a shower. I figured everyone must have been at the beach. I cleaned up the strewn about bottles and cans the continue through the back gate to the beach. They’re easy to stop, Liz’s flaming red hair sticks out anywhere.

“You’re going to get heat stroke.” Liz says as I get closer.

“I’m cold.” Quinn replies with annoyance. How the fuck can she be cold? It’s probably friggin’ ninety nine degrees. I finally reach the spot and laugh at the sight of Quinn sitting in a beach chair wearing gray sweat pants and a black hoodie.

“I don’t know what you’re problem is anymore.” Liz crosses her arms and walks off toward my parents and all of the children playing in a tide pool.

“You’re crazy.” I say sitting in the blue and white striped chair to Quinn’s left. She doesn’t say anything, just stares straight ahead through the dark frames of her huge sunglasses. “You’re fucking mentally unstable.” I continue.

“Shut up.” Quinn snaps almost immediately.

“Sweating a lot isn’t going to make you look skinnier.” I inform her with a smug smile. I love how she gets angry so easily.

“I’m not trying to sweat. I’m cold.”

“Yeah, you’re cold.” I shake my head. How can she think a lame lie like that could fool anyone? I pull my t-shirt off and head toward the ocean and leave Quinn to come up with better lies. She really is pathetic.

I get bored with swimming pretty easily. It’s no fun when I can’t annoy Quinn by grabbing her ankles, throwing her, pushing her under water, throwing seaweed at her, or throwing wet sand at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously guys. I'm not gonna post anymore.
You obviously don't like the story enough.
Consider this the last chapter before it goes hiatus.

And ew, what the hell?
The freaking snowing!