Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Summer's Gone

Chapter 51
(Petey’s POV)

I grabbed my messenger bag with all my school stuff . Last minute, I grabbed my cell phone and Ipod and headed downstairs for breakfast. Ahhh the first day of school. For some reason, summer seems to be go by faster and faster when you get older. I found Kayla already eating a bowl of cereal, Mom wrapping up our lunches, and Dad sitting at the coffee table with his laptop and probably his 5th cup of coffee.

“Morning, Petey. Hurry and eat your breakfast so you’re not late….” Mom said as she walked over and put a plate of Ego Waffles, syrup and a banana on the table near my place setting.

Oh how she knew me so well. I grabbed two waffles and put them on my plate. I then unpeeled the banana and placed it carefully on one waffle. I then poured a bunch of syrup on it and rolled up the waffle with the banana inside. With the other waffle, I rolled it over the first one to make like a safety blanket. I took a huge bite and munched away as Mom put a cup of orange juice next to my plate.

“You’re like a little kid…” Kayla said as she watched me eat.

“No I’m not…”

“Petey, don’t talk with your mouth full. Chew, swallow, then speak…” Mom said.

“Yea, Petey…” Dad said with his mouth filled with waffles as well.

I snickered as I saw Mom and Kayla both shake their heads at the same time. Mom sat down across from Kayla and I with probably 3rd cup of coffee. Mom and Dad always needed their coffee in the morning especially to deal with each other mostly.

“Ok, check list. Do you guys have your book bags with all your supplies, pens, folders, binders, and what not?” Mom asked.

“Yes…” Kayla and I said with a monotonous tone.

“Cell phones silenced and Ipods hopefully in your rooms so they won’t be confiscated, and I won’t have to keep calling your dean to get them back?”

“Yes… and no…,” we said.

Mom sighed as she put her coffee cup down. Right then, Dad started hysterically. We all looked at him like he was crazy, not that he wasn’t. But, obviously it was too early for all of us to even laugh like that.

“What? Sorry, I was just reading something funny…”

“What are you reading, Honey?” Mom asked Dad.

“Slash…”

“Kayla!”

That’s when I started laughing hysterically.

“Ok you guys. Come on and get going. You’re going to be late!” Mom said as she got up from her chair and grabbed all the dirty plates from the table.

Kayla and I rushed to grab our stuff and headed out the front door.

“Wait! You guys forgot your lunch. Now don’t throw it out of you don’t want to eat it if you’re gonna buy some cafeteria food. At least eat some of it and bring it home!” Mom said as she chased after us out the door.

“Bye Dad!” we shouted in the house.

Mom handed off our lunches to us. Kayla kissed her on the cheek and said bye as I walked away.

“Petey, come back here!”

“What did I do?” I whined as I walked back to her.

“You have dirt on your face!”

Being the mother that she is, she licked her thumb and started rub it off along with using her robe sleeve.

“Mom… mom…. ERELIN!”

“Peter! How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that…”

“Mom you’re embarrassing me!!!”

With that, some girls I recognized from school were walking down the street to the bus stop. They started to laugh as Mom continued to take the smudge off my face.

“Mom….”

“Well it’s not my fault that you didn’t fix your eyeliner before you left the house…”

“Mom it’s suppose to be like that… Duh haven’t you seen Dad’s before?”

“Well yea, but it’s your first day! Plus you’re gonna get in trouble for this at school, so if I get a call from your dean, I’m not going to make excuses for you anymore. I’d rather have 2 more years of not having to see the school’s phone number on the caller id. Now have a good day, and don’t try and get into any freshman girl’s pants. And I mean it!”

With that, Mom gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked inside the house. Grudgingly, I got into a Drew’s car, disgusted with what just happened.

“Hahaha Mom lectured you about getting into girl’s pants!” Kayla said.

“Dude… I’m sorry, but you’re a junior in high school, and your mom still uses her spit to clean your face!” Drew said laughing as he turned around in the driver’s seat.

“Shut up, Drew!”

“You shouldn’t be talking, Drew. Just yesterday, Mom did that to you yesterday and fixed your hair!”

Kayla and Katie both giggled at the both of us. We rolled our eyes and ignored the laughter.

“Come on, we’re gonna be late…” I mumbled.

With that, Drew started to blast Jack’s Mannequin, pulled out of the driveway and headed to our first day of back at school.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's like my 3rd week into school... so yea updates are going to be probably not affected...

comments=love