A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Confessions, Confrontation, and Choosing

Chapter 36

(Kayla’s POV)

“Kayla Evelyn Bristow, we are so no done here!” Nate said as I walked towards my house.

“Yes, we are. You were spying on me!” I whispered loudly.

Daniel just left and right when Nate appeared out of nowhere, we started fighting like we have been for a while.

“I came here to talk to you, to talk again to my best friend, but you seem to be busy.” He said.

“Nate, look we can talk about this in the morning. I need to go back to bed before my parents realize I’m not in my bed.”

“No, this can’t wait…”

“Well I’m done. I’ve waited. I’m sure you can,” I yelled.

I stopped and looked at Nate who had a confused look on his face.

“What?”He asked.

Darn it. I shouldn’t have said it. Me and my big mouth.

“What? Kayla…”

“I’ve waited for you. I was right here. Yet you took your time. You didn’t see I liked you? It wasn’t that hard to see. I’ve told you everything that I have never even told my girl friends or even my parents. And when another boy steps into my life, you get all jealous and you question everything.”I said

I couldn’t believe I’m telling him this and after so long.

“Oh…uh… Kayla…”

“No, I told you before that I’m done.” I said.

I hurried back inside my house so he couldn’t say anymore. I quickly closed and locked the back door. I then quietly walked up the stairs and saw my parents fast asleep as I walked past their room. I could hear Nate whispering my name loudly. I closed my door and headed to my window. I closed and locked it up. I got into my bed and pulled the covers over myself. I felt the tears roll down my face as I started to hear the pebbles being tapped on my window. This was just too much.

**************
School just ended for the day. I hadn’t see Nate all day. I don’t even know if he came to school or not. We only had lunch together this year, and I didn’t even see him. I think when the Dean scheduled our classes, he knew how Nate and I would goof off together in class so he separated us this year.

I had already grabbed my books and was ready to go home. I just wanted to go home. I said goodbye to all of my girl friends and walked out of the building, heading for home. I was half way home, near Daniel’s school when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Nate following me. Even though I didn’t want to, I stopped and waited for him. I just didn’t feel like dealing with anyone.

“Why didn’t you wait for me after school?” He asked as he finally caught up with me.

“Because I wanted to go home…”

“Yea right. You’re near Daniel’s school.”

“That we always pass when we walk home.” I defended back.

“Ok…”

“Look, I don’t feel like dealing with all your questions and accusations. I just want to go home,” I said.

With that I turned around and walked at a pretty fast pace to go home. Nate, of course followed me.

“Kayla, would you please listen to me? I wanted to tell you last night that I’ve felt the same way. I know I’m stupid for making you wait. I know I should have told you this right away, but I couldn’t.”

“Tell me what?” I asked as he got closer to my face.

“That I think I’m in love with you,” he said.

His face got closer to mine. He grabbed it gently and pressed his lips softly against mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I kissed back. That was the only reaction I could do. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started to run my fingers through his hair.

“Kayla?” someone said a few moments later.

Nate and I pulled apart to see Daniel standing there by the fence. I saw that we were right next to his school. Oh man.

“Daniel…”

“What’s going on? You and I kiss yesterday and now you’re kissing this loser?” He said angrily.

“Loser? Who the hell are you calling loser.” Nate said as he walked over to him and grabbed him by the shirt.

“Nathaniel Taylor! Stop!” I said as I grabbed on to his hands and tried to pull them apart.

“Yea that’s right loser. You just dump her, and you don’t even care. Where have you been these past couple of weeks for her, huh?”

“Well obviously she’s been with you because you stole her away from me!”

“That’s because I probably don’t control her like you do!”

“Control her!!! I would never do such a thing!” Nate said.

“You would. She’s happier with a guy like me than a loser like you!”

That’s when Nate snapped. He climbed over the short fence that separated the two and lunged at him.

“Are you serious!? Boys stop this!!” I said.

I couldn’t do anything. No one was really around except for maybe two boys. They weren’t even watching us. I had no other choice but to climb over the fence so I could stop the fight. I got in there and pulled Nate off of Daniel.

“Oh of course you would pull Nate off of me…” Daniel said as he got up.

“Are you serious?! I’m just trying to stop you two from killing each other.”

“No tell him the truth, Kay. You like me better than him.”

“He’s being so cocky, Kayla. Listen to his crazy words. You know you like me better than him!” he said as he tried to get into Nate’s face.

Luckily and unluckily, I was between them so I could separate them.

“No, tell him. You like me more and that you would date me instead!” Nate said.

“No she likes me more!!!”

“No!”

“BOTH OF YOU STOP!” I yelled.

They both stopped and looked down at me.

“I am sick and tired to fighting with the both of you. You act as if I’m some kind of prize. I like you both. You both are my friends.”

“Well I don’t want to be your friend if you’re going to kiss him and choose him to date.” Nate said.

“Yea same goes for me!” Dan agreed.

“What?”

“You have to choose… Me or him.” Nate said.

“I am not going to choose between the two of you.” I said in shock.

“Well you’re gonna have to!” Dan said.

I stood there and stared at them. I couldn’t believe that I had to choose between the two of them. I loved them both. I don’t want to lose both of them in the end. Who should I choose?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm. I wonder who she will choose...

And I also wonder how does this all play out with this whole plot and story?!

Comments would be appreciative... then you will get your answers. =]