So give me all your poison

Suit yourself sugar.

Sam’s bass was playing sleekly on the background, as the other guys started playing. Geoff’s blond silky hair gliding over his left eye as he began to sing in his velvety voice. A huge crowd had turned up and was watching them earnestly. I was managing the drinks at the “bar”- this meaning a table with a lot of liquor hidden under it that I would either pour or mix into red cups and charge 3 dollars for each drink. I could see the stage perfectly from here, Sam smiled at me and then winked. I grinned and winked back. We had just snorted a couple of lines in the bathroom so I felt pretty good.
“Hey there…” I guess this guy in the front of the bar thought I was winking at him because he grinned broadly at me, his bright green eyes twinkling. “I’m Frank… and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you before somewhere.”
I looked at him. He was wasn’t very tall but he was kind of cute and he did seem strangely familiar. I shrugged, I didn’t care too much, I wanted to see the guys play.
“Dunno. Maybe. Poured or mixed?” He snapped his fingers, gesturing he was trying to remember.
“No wait. I KNOW I have. That hair…kind of hard to miss eh?” I chuckled softly as he eyed my red locks fixedly. I returned my gaze to the band Geoff was screaming his lungs out as the guys jammed wildly in the back. ‘Dying in New Brunswick’ was full on.
“Shit I know. Chemistry class with Mr. Halligan, on Belleville High.” He said grinning broadly, lighting a fag before adding “I was never there but you might remember Mikes…HEY MIKEY!!! Come here a sec.”
A tall lean guy with glasses and messy light brown hair gave him a questioning look. He was chatting with a guy I had seen with Geoff before. They both looked a bit drunk as they came our way. The second guy made me strangely nervous. He had long black hair, silky porcelain white skin and wore the exact same black addidas as Sam. He peeked at me from behind the curtain of black hair, his amazing hazel eyes shinning as he grinned a wolfish smile. He was incredibly handsome. The tall kid and the Frank guy had engaged in a conversation about Frank’s behavior.
“Hey… you’re Geoff’s kid sister right?” I snorted loudly and shook my head. Apparently he had seen me with Geoff too. He took a deep swig from his drink.
“Huh…well he’s always fussing about you and his bassist so I figured… .
I grinned at him unsure of what to say, the coke was making me quite hyper and a bit too euphoric so I tried my best to hide it, banging my head with the music. Suddenly the tall guy banged his hand on the table making me jump. Then he opened his arms as if to give me a hug.
“ISOBEL Brennan, It’s me Mikey Way!! We had chemistry together and I kept borrowing pencils but you never had any. I almost blew up the lab during the final practical exam.”
I wasn’t sure I remember Mikey or not but the coke had kicked in full on so I sort of gave out an exited “Oh right!! Mikey!! How are you?!?!” and hugged him warmly.
Frank grinned in satisfaction. “See I told you, you would remember Mikes!”
I nodded and he patted me on the back. They went back to discussing the cause of the fire and Gerard grinned and light up a fag offering me one before downing his whole drink.
“I went there too…hell hole if you ask me…Well” he looked at his empty cup “Fill me up kid.” He said giving me that grin again, and searching the pockets of his tight pants for cash.
“That’s okay” I said waving him off and filing his cup. “Your Geoff’s friend right?”
He cooked his eyebrow at me and handed me a five. “Tell you what… I’ll buy YOU a drink instead. What are you doing at midnight?”
I grinned back at him. I knew this wasn’t completely innocent and it felt completely wrong. Sam had always been the only guy. We had been together for over a year now and before that I was just messing around. I mean I loved Sam. He made me feel right about things. He offered me survival. He knew me and took the deal as it was, broken and damaged.
Yet I couldn’t help this guy sending shivers down my spine every time he looked at me.
“I’ll be with Geoff’s bassist causing mayhem for Geoff to fuss about and thanks but I don’t drink.” I said smiling gingerly at him. He just shrugged and exhaled the inky smoke at me.
“Suit yourself sugar.”