‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Twenty Five.

I stayed up all night lying on the couch. I didn’t get an answer out of my outburst last night, I was just told to calm down. I didn’t want to go back there last night, having to listen to them sat saying how much they ‘missed’ each other was torture enough.

I knew the time was around eight, and I knew someone was in the bathroom because I could hear talking. It wasn’t long before Brian walked out, phone in hand, sighing. I looked up, but quickly looked away as he walked over to me. He knelt down in front of me and sighed.

“Go the fuck away,” I said.

He put a finger on my lips and sushed, “I’m going to end it with her, today, I promise,” he said, pecking my forehead.

“Promise,” I said.

“Promise,” he repeated. I sighed and sat up.

“Why were you talking in the bathroom?”

“I was on the phone, fucking dicks at the shop ordered the wrong shit, a few weeks without me and the whole place goes to pot,” he laughed. I smiled, a smile that was faltered by Denim walking in in her almost naked glory, seriously, who walks around a bus load of guys wearing a bra and shorts. She walked over to Brian and kissed his cheek, when her head was turned he looked at me and gagged.

“What was that?” she snapped.

“I swallowed a fly,” Brian said quickly. She shrugged and turned back to her toast.

Brian turned and mouthed ‘later’ to me. I nodded and bought the duvet up to my chin, snuggling down into it. Brian came and sat next to me while Denim was still making her toast. I lay my head in his lap and began playing with my hair.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Denim asked with a mouth full of toast.

“He doesn’t feel well,” Brian made up, “And don’t start shit, we used to do things like this before we dated, so there is nothing stopping us doing it after.”

“Okay,” was all that left her mouth as she walked back into the bunkroom.

Once the door was closed, Brian let out a huge sigh.

“Oh my God, that fuck she’s gone,” he said, “Why is she even here, I told her not to come out.”

“I don’t know, but she will be gone by tonight,” I said.

“I’m so sorry about yesterday, I was just shocked and she was all up in my face and I didn’t think you were here when we got back.”

I was going to answer, but I didn’t, I just smiled up at him. It continued like that for about an hour, Brian’s hand softly running across my hair, slowly sending me back to sleep.

“Stay awake!” Brian said.

I whined and buried my nose into his stomach.

“I do this with Jordan, just play with his hair and bam, he’s gone,” he laughed.

I smiled, but once again, a smile cut short as Denim entered the room once again, this time fully dressed in what looked like a $500 dollar outfit, which consisted of jeans, knee high boots, a white top and a black jacket. Her outfit was neatly topped with a Louis Vuitton bag and Dior sunglasses over her perfectly done make-up, as she walked past me I almost choked on the stink of her Channel perfume. She obviously enjoyed the fact that she had Brian‘s credit card, no way could she afford this shit on a mid-wife’s salary.

“Baby, what do you think of my new bag,” she said, pushing the leather into Brian’s face.

“Its like every other bag you have, -”

“Ugly and overpriced,” I said finishing his scentence.

“Because you would know,” she scoffed, “Anyway, Matt’s awake, apparently we are going out tonight, apparently he has the need to ‘Party hard’,” She spoke.

“Okay,” Brian said plainly, not taking any interest in her whatsoever. She scoffed again and walked off the bus.

I laughed, “Do you think she knows where she’s going?”

“No, but it would be funny as fuck if she phoned me, ‘Brian, baby, I’m lost, come pick me up’,” he said in a high pitched girly voice.

I laughed. I stood up and stretched my arms, and cracked my bones. Brian grimaced and I muttered ‘feels good’, he hates the fact that I can pop my joints. I walked into the bunks where Matt, Jimmy and Johnny were all in some heated debate.

“Zack, my man, you’ll come to a strip club with me tonight wont you?” Jimmy asked.

“Erm, no.”

“Why?” he whined.

“Because, I don’t do strip clubs anymore, we are all going to a bar, end of, Brian’s dumping the whore tonight, so I wanna be there when that happens,” I laughed as my comment erupted a cheer from a now lonely Brian who was still sat on the couch.

“Where is she?” Johnny asked.

“I don’t know, she just walked off the bus,” I said as Brian walked into the room.

He peeled off his shirt, causing Matt to grab my shoulders and pull my ear close to his mouth.

“You are violent aren’t ya?” He asked, pointing at the scratches down Brian’s back.

I laughed and twiddled my fingers. I watched as Brian bent over to pick up a shirt off the floor. I walked past him, my hand ‘accidentally’ touching his ass. He stood upright again and winked at me before taking his clothes into the bathroom to get changed.

“Do you think he will really do it this time?” Johnny asked quietly.

“I fucking hope so.”

The rest of the day was pretty peaceful, we was lucky we weren’t playing a show tonight so we had a lazy day where we did fuck all. At around five in the afternoon Denim came back with bags full of shopping and crap, who can shop from nine until five, that’s like the whole day. She dumped her stuff on Brian and went to get ready for going out tonight.

“You gonna do it at the club?” Jimmy asked while taking a bite out of his sandwich.

“Yup,” Brian said casually.

I smiled, then Denim again walked in the room. Why does she always spoil my happiness? She was now in a short denim skirt that could easily pass as a belt and a white tank top.

“Well, you look… orange,” Brian stated making the bus erupt in laughter. She had obviously plastered the fake tan on because she was glowing.

“Would you rather me look like this or be sickly pale like your freaky friend.” Her words were aimed at me as she shot me a sly look.

“Well, we wont be able to lose you in a crowd,” Brian said, “Unfortunately” he whispered into his soda.

“What was that?” she snapped.

“What?”

“You muttered something,” she said.

“I didn’t say a word!” Brian defended.

We all quickly changed our clothes and made ourselves look half decent before walking down to the clubs, they weren’t far away so there was no point in calling a cab. We quickly flashed our ID and beat the queue to get inside. The hip-hop music quickly hit my ears and the noise level suddenly rose. We all sat down at one of the tables in the corner and gave Denim our orders for drinks. She frowned and walked off, expecting someone else to be nominated to go and get them, not herself.

As her back was turned I quickly turned and planted one on Brian.

“I swear to God, if you don’t do it tonight, it will be the last you ever see of me,” I said in a hushed voice as I pulled away.

He looked at me and nodded, pulling his bandanna off his head and resting it on the table. I slouched further into the cushioned chair. It wasn’t long before Denim walked back with a boy, who I assumed was a waiter, trailing behind her with a tray in his hands. She pointed to the table and he placed the drinks on there before walking away.

“Why couldn’t you carry that yourself? Its six drinks,” Matt spoke.

“I just had my nails re-done, no way am I ruining them for a few measly drinks,” she said picking up her glass of what ever poison was in her glass. We all reached forward, grabbing our drinks. Brian said he wanted to be drunk when he dumped her, so it would be easier.

I sat for hours, watching everyone get drunker and having fun. Denim wouldn’t stop taking glances at me, like she was going to kill me or something. Every so often I would do something like spill drink on Brian or deliberately kick him under the table, so he would look at me and I would mouth ‘now’ to him, and he would always text me saying ‘soon’. it wasn’t long before Denim was so drunk she was pole dancing, getting tonnes of attention from the crowds.

“Brian, do it now or I’m outta here,” I hissed, “I mean look at her, this is what it was like before we were together, you sit with dibs on the biggest slut in the bar, it isn’t funny, just fucking do it before we get kicked out,” I said quietly.

“Denim!” He yelled, calling her over. She stopped embarrassing herself and walked over towards us, earning whines from the pig like men who were all getting herd over her, men who probably had a loving wife and kids sat worried at home.

“What?!” She snapped, sitting down.

“I need to talk to you,” he started, “Denim, you’ve changed, you’re not the person I used to know and I don’t really think-”

“Cut the bullshit Brian,” I said, earning looks off the people around us, “We are back together, and he doesn’t want to see you anymore, I don’t give a shit if you think I’m lying or taking away your ‘boyfriend’ but if you weren’t so fucking deluded you would see that we’ve been together for two months behind your back and we aren’t fucking breaking up anytime soon.”

She looked at the two of us, her eyes flicking from me to Brian, and repeating that before she let out a chuckle.

“What?” She said shaking her head, looking at Brian.

He sat and shrugged, muttering the words ‘it’s true’. she stood up shakily and grabbed her purse.

“You should know better Brian, nobody dumps me. Nobody,” were her last words before leaving.