‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 19

Pete and I are sitting on his bed watching The Little Mermaid and eating Chinese food. It was a Saturday and I hadn’t bothered to change out of my pyjamas and Pete had only expressed his approval. My pyjamas were after all one of William’s v-necks that came down to my knees. I was still seething over Gabe’s comment and both William and Pete had made an attempt to cheer me up.

“So Sabrina,” Pete begins cautiously and I lift my head from his shoulder to give him a wary look.

“Are you going to tell William what Gabe said or do I have to?” he asks and I sit up immediately. I had no intention of telling William why I was so angry. Really it served no purpose besides upsetting William.

“Why would I tell William what he said?”

“Because William, your boyfriend wants to know. It’s killing him that you won’t tell him. Besides if it’s not true than I don’t see the harm in telling him,” Pete answers and I sigh.

“Just because it’s not true doesn’t mean-” The doorbell interrupts myexcuse response and Pete jumps up to answer it.

I lie down on the bed and turn my attention back to The Little Mermaid. I’m humming along to Under the Sea when Pete walks back into the room followed by William.

“Bill!” I exclaim, rolling off the bed to hug him.

“I thought you had work today,” I say, putting my arms around his neck.

He shrugs, “I left a little early.”

I decide against pointing out that William left five hours early and let him put his arms around my waist.

“Well I’m glad you did,” I say, my voice dropping to a whisper. William pulls me even closer, so that there’s no space between our bodies.

“Why’s that?” he asks, matching my tone. I smile up at him and grasp the back of his neck to pull his mouth down to mine.

“Guys this is movie is rated G. That means making out is not allowed!” Pete whines and I laugh and pull away from the kiss, remaining in William’s embrace.

“Sorry Pete,” I mumble, while playing with the buttons on William’s shirt.

“You look good in my shirt,” William whispers, before placing a light kiss on my neck. I giggle and ignore Pete’s exaggerated groan.

Okay so we were one of those couples. The kind that you wanted to kill when you were alone on Valentine’s Day. But William was a welcome change from the constant flirting from Gabe and I loved it. Shit, maybe I even love him.

I know I love the way he makes me feel- like the only girl in the room. But maybe I was just thinking too hard like Pete had said. William continues placing light kisses along my neckline, voicing his affection after each one.

“Get a room,” Pete yells tossing a pillow at us. I smile and move out of William’s embrace to turn to face Pete.

“You’re just mad because your new girlfriend doesn’t put out,” I retort and Pete opens his mouth to respond.

He closes it, before sighing, “I should stop telling you stuff.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the filler I just love writing Sabina/William.
Pyjamas/pajamas? Which is correct?