‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 18

“Okay so we have the house to ourselves because Pete went on a man-date with Gabe,” I explain, shutting the door behind William.

We had just seen a movie and William had insisted on taking me home. William--who was a huge movie buff-- had actually wanted to watch the movie. Probably the first time in years that I'd gone to a movie with a guy and actually watched the movie. As soon as the movie was over though, William wasted no time in pressing his lips to mine.

William laughs and slips his arms around me, “man-date?”

“Yeah, they’ve got this gay love for each other. It’s really cute,” I say putting my arms around his neck.

“You know what else is cute?” he asks, pressing his forehead against mine.

I don’t give William a chance to answer, instead I push my lips flush against his. I put my arms around William’s neck, as his hands slide under the back of my shirt. From behind me, I hear the door being pushed open, followed by the raucous laughter of Pete and Gabe.
I pull away from William, blushing and he clears his throat.

“Oh hey guys, what’s up?” Pete asks casually, heading for the television.

“Let’s have a talk,” I hiss, pulling Pete --by the ear no less-- into the kitchen.

“What did I do?” he whines.

“What the fuck are you guys doing here?! You promised me that you wouldn’t be home for at least another two hours!” I shout and Pete shrugs.

“We got kicked out of the restaurant so we came back here,” he explains.

“William and I were busy,” I say crossing my arms.

“Yeah busy making out,” he mutters, heading back into the living room.

“Either way we were busy.” Pete shrugs and sits down next to Gabe.

“You’re staying? Both of you?” I ask and Pete nods.

“It’ll be fun.” I’m sure getting shot sixteen times would be more fun than this.

Ten minutes later I was squished between William and Gabe on the couch while Pete looks on uncomfortably. William had an arm around my shoulder but he was barely even paying to me. He was much too enticed by his favorite movie and surprisingly I was okay with that.

What I wasn’t okay with was Gabe using William’s lack of attention to his advantage. Gabe continually pointed out how he was obviously a better choice than William. Gabe wasn’t easily deterred so no matter what I said he never shut up.

It was half way through the movie when I finally got up and headed into the kitchen to get some drinks. Of course Gabe follows with the excuse that I’d probably need help.

“I am so close to killing you,” I hiss, pulling out four cups.

“What’s stopping you?” he asks, watching me curiously.

“What?”

“I’ve been thinking about it and I realized that you keep letting me off the hook,” he continues.

“Only because I promised Pete I wouldn’t. But if you keep pushing me...” I trail off and Gabe smirks.

“What Sabrina? What are you gonna do?” he asks, pausing for a second.

“Don’t be an ass,” I mumble, struggling to remain calm.

“Nothing. You won’t do shit because you’re so completely in love with me and-“

”Get out,” I hiss.

“Wha-”

“Get the fuck out!”I shout, shoving Gabe into the kitchen counter.

“Sabrina stop,” Gabe says, holding his hands up to protect himself.

“You are such an arrogant dick!” I scream, throwing the nearest thing at his head.

“Sabrina-” he tries again dodging a roll of paper towels. Pete runs into the room and immediately puts his arms around my waist in an attempt to restrain me.

“What the hell did you say to her?!” Pete shouts, as I struggle to free myself of his grip.

“Nothing man I just said that she loved me and she freaked out,” Gabe says, as I reach for something to throw again.

“Fuck you!” I yell, tossing a spoon at his head. William pokes his head into the kitchen, takes one look at me fighting against Pete’s hold and narrows his eyes.

“What did you do to her?” William asks giving me a nervous look.

“Nothing I swear,” he lies and I throw another spoon.

“You are such a fucking asshole!”

“You should just go man,” Pete says and Gabe nods before running out of the kitchen.

Pete releases me after the door clicks shut and William gives me a look. A look that very clearly said, what the fuck is going on?

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” I mutter already heading for my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I kind of skipped over Sabrina's first few days of college, mostly because of the length. The chapter still partially exists, although it's not very long, so if enough people want to read it, I'll post. What I'll probably do though is post it on my livejournal, along with other parts or chapters that have been cut out. That is if you actually want to read them....