‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 21

“You and William are fighting?” Kate asks, from the floor in front of me. Kate and I had become fast friends over the past week because we attended the same college. I had invited her over to watch and scrutinize stupid movies but we hadn’t even chosen the DVD’s yet. Pete was sitting to my left on the couch and Kate had elected for the floor.

“He forgot about our date,” I explain and she turns around to face me.

“Yeah and when he came by she yelled at him and kicked him out. Oh and she played the Gabe card,” Pete finishes and I roll my eyes.

“Gabe card?” Kate asks, her blue eyes showing confusion.

"Sabrina told William she was busy with Gabe to make him jealous. William’s probably freaking out," he says thoughtfully.

“Sabrina, no,” Kate says, giving me a disappointed look.

I groan and lean back on the couch, “don’t look at me like that.”

“Hey,” William says quietly, walking through the apparently unlocked door. Nice one Pete.

“You don’t even lock your own door?” I hiss, pushing Pete off of my shoulder and running over to William.

“What are you doing here Bill?” I ask.

William shrugs, “I don’t know. I guess I was hoping you’d actually let me explain this time.” I cross my arms and wait for William to continue.

“I’m sorry about yesterday; it’s just that I was working a little late and-”

“You’re always working late,” I complain and Pete rolls his eyes.

“You’re so needy.”

“Kate, make him shut up” I whine playfully, and William clears his throat.

“Sorry,” we mutter in unison.

“Anyway, I couldn’t call you last night because my phone died,” he continues, dropping his gaze.

I take a step closer to him and put my arms around him, “I’m sorry I yelled at you.”

William looks back at me in surprise, “y-you’re sorry?”

“Yeah I mean I overreacted and I shouldn’t have kicked you out. Shit I’m a horrible girlfriend,” I mumble and William shakes his head.

“No you’re not. You’re an amazing girlfriend,” he says, pulling me closer to him. I smile and kiss him lightly on the lips.

“We should never fight again. I missed you too much,“ I murmur, splaying my hands on both sides of his face.

“Oh gross. I’m going to Ryan’s house,” Pete says quickly running out of the house and Kate follows suit.

“So how can I make it up to you?” William asks, leaning down to kiss me.

“I’m actually kind of tired,” I say, faking a yawn.

“Oh, we’re playing this game now?” I smile and kiss William briefly on the lips.

“Can you stay the night?”

I have to admit, laying in Pete’s guest bedroom, in William’s arms was something I could get used to.

“Hey William,” I mutter, turning around to face him.

“Hm,” he mumbles, half asleep.

“Bill this is important.”

“What?” he asks in a much clearer voice.

“Um, well...I love you,” I say softly, searching the darkness for William’s reaction. He shifts to a sitting position and turns on the lamp next to the bed. In the light his face seems to be a mix between surprise and confusion. Did I say it too soon?

“What did you say?” he asks carefully, staring intently at my face.

I sit up as well and shrug, “I love you?”

A slow smile spreads across his face, “I love you too.”

I let out a sigh of relief and William pushes his lips flush against mine. I grab a fistful of his shirt and pull him as close as possible. William’s pace quickens until all of his kisses melt into one passionate kiss, that leaves me breathless. William pulls away slightly to place a series of kisses along my neckline.

He pauses to lift my shirt over my head and I do the same to him. I kiss William again curling my fingers through his hair and arching into him. William pulls away, his eyes full of caution and lust and asks me a question. The question.

“Are you sure?” I push all other thoughts out of mind and really think about the answer to his question.

“Yeah,” I murmur, pulling him back down and turning off the light, “yeah I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me for this.
I promise it's still a Gabe story!