‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 35

That night, I never quite get to sleep. I toss and turn until about 3am before deciding to do something about my insomnia. I was so used to sleeping next to Pete that the cold empty bed seemed foreign. There was no one else that I could go to who could fix that though. Everyone I could think of, either hated me or was entirely unavailable.When did get so many enemies? Or, the better question, where was I when everyone else was making friends?

I finally decide to call my mother who answers with a very cranky ‘what?

“I can’t sleep,” I mumble and my mother sighs. I can hear her moving around in her room and in the background I hear Michael ask what’s going on.

Sabrina can’t sleep. Isn’t there someone else you can call?” she asks.

When I don’t answer my mother gasps, “oh sweetheart! I’ll come get you right now.”

“Wait mom!” I try, but she’s already hung up. I sigh and drop the phone on the counter.

Maybe I did need to stay with my mom for a while. At least until I figured everything out. I mean I couldn’t keep staying at Pete’s apartment, my mom’s “allowance” couldn’t pay the full rent. I’d probably have to get a job that would, if anything, keep my mind off of everything. But what job could I get?

I spend the next ten minutes narrowing down my job options to. . . nothing until my mom comes. She walks me back to her house -because I was terrified of cars now- and makes me a mug of hot chocolate. She doesn’t say anything until I start drinking it though.

“What’s going on honey?” she asks.

“Nothing,” I answer immediately and she raises an eyebrow.

“So where’s Peter?” she tries again.

“L.A.”

What?!” she exclaims and I shrug.

“It’s fine mom. I just have to find a new apartment and get a job that pays a lot and isn’t gross.”

My mom lets out a frustrated sigh, “you’re going to stay here tonight. We will talk about this tomorrow, because right now, I want to wring your neck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short but I added on a couple extra chapters last night, so I hope that makes up for it.

Also thanks a ton to bellabrangtheLIGHTS. I really appreciate your comment! =]