‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 7

"It's not that hard to put on a shirt," I hiss, throwing a shoe at Gabe's head.

Gabe dodges the shoe and smirks, patting the towel slung low on his waist.

Yes, a towel. More importantly, only a towel.

"You'd be surprised."

I roll my eyes and sit up in Gabe's bed.

"Why the hell did you wake me up at eight a.m.?"

"William says he'll meet you outside of The Amulet. It's not a make out place anymore," Gabe adds, noticing my look of confusion.

"Right, of course not. Did he give a time?"

"9:00."

"So can I just stay here until-" I begin, only to get cut off by my cellphone.

"Hello?" I say, pushing the phone to my ear.

"Sabrina, where are you?" Daniel hisses, into the phone.

Shit.

"I'm at a friend's house," I say slowly.

"Bullshit. You're with a guy."

"No, really Daniel. Her name is...Gabriella," I say, quickly grabbing Gabe's arm.

"Say hi Gabby!"

Gabe pulls a shirt on and shakes his head.

"Hold on for a second, sweetie," I say sweetly.

I put the phone down on the bed and narrow my eyes.

"You better say hi in a fucking high pitched girly voice, or I will strangle you with my bare hands," I hiss.

Gabe sighs and I pick up the phone again.

"Sorry, Gabby's just a little shy. Now say hi!" I say brightly, pushing the phone to Gabe's ear.

"Hi, I'm Gabriella. So you're Daniel?...Oh and you live with her?...Sabrina's a huge slob so-"Gabe Gabriella says, in a high pitched voice.

I pull the phone away from Gabe's ear and punch him in the stomach.

"Sometimes Gabby doesn't know when to shut the fuck up," I hiss, shooting Gabe a glare.

"I don't know what game you're trying to play, but it's not working."

"Daniel-"

"We'll talk when you get here," he says, before hanging up.

"Shit, I'm so fucked. You couldn't have been a better Gabriella?" I ask, jumping out the bed, while Gabe stares at me.

"What?"

"You're wearing my boxers," he smirks.

"They're comfortable," I say blushing and pulling my jeans over the boxers.

I push past Gabe before he can respond and and slip into my flats.

"Um, thanks for everything," I say turning around to face Gabe, my hand on the doorknob.

"You don't have to-"

"Yeah I do. It's the least I can do," I mutter, before pulling Gabe into a hug.

What the fuck am I doing?

"So, I'll see you later?" Gabe asks, completely unfazed.

"Great. I mean um, sure. I'll uh, call you," I say, before closing the door behind me.

Were we actually becoming friends?

Later

"Daniel?" I call cautiously, walking into our apartment.

"In here," he calls from his room.

I take a deep breath before walking into his room. Daniel's sitting on his bed, coffee mug in hand, watching t.v.

"Hey," I say quietly, sitting down next to him.

"Where were you?" Daniel asks.

"I told you-"

"Did you think I was stupid enough to believe that Gabriella was a girl?" Daniel laughs.

"His name's Gabe but I swear we're just friends," I finish hastily.

"Are you lying to me?" Daniel inquires, turning his blue eyes on me.

"No."

"You're not attracted to him-"

"That shouldn't matter. You're supposed to trust me," I hiss, stalking out of the room.

"How am I supposed to trust you when you spent the night with some other guy?!"

"You're one to talk. What the fuck were you doing last night?" I shout.

"Well maybe if you hadn't left me alone, you'd know."

"I'm not your fucking babysitter!"

Daniel sighs and sits down on the kitchen counter top.

"What are we even doing?" he mutters.

"What are you talking about?"

"What are we doing...together?" Daniel asks.

"Daniel, stop it."

I'd take the yelling over this any day. Anything but the dismal tone in Daniel's voice.

"I'm serious Sabrina. We're always fighting and-"

"I don't have time for this," I mumble, heading for the door.

"Sabrina-"

I slam the door behind me and sigh knowing that I'll have to face him later.

But now, I had to face William.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there are actually a lot more problems in Sabrina and Daniel's relationship than I've shown, but they'll come out eventually.

Also, comment!!! I don't want to have to start holding updates for ransom.