High School Musical: Forced Obsession? - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=http://www.geschichteboard.de/ptopic,100880.html#100880>Top Rated Onlne Casino Blog</a> 89794f9
    September 29th, 2023 at 03:49am
  • Snaps_

    Snaps_ (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I've never thought about it like that. High School Musical has always been stupid and childish to me. But now...I find it mildly frightening that it has grown to this level of obsession....
    September 7th, 2009 at 06:09pm
  • darling

    darling (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I say it has gotten to far.
    Zac and Vanessa aren't go role modles for the kids anymore.
    If this kepts up, it may still be on when we all are 46.
    May 13th, 2009 at 03:41pm
  • Better.Then.Revenge

    Better.Then.Revenge (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    China
    Seriously, Everyone here is saying how much they hate it. I loved it, mostly cause it was so cheesy. some people say how they have no talent, but I think Ashley has talent (Duh, read my username)
    May 13th, 2009 at 07:39am
  • get.low

    get.low (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    What are they gonna call HSM4? College Musical? They already graduated, its done!

    Anyway i think that people like HSM because it brings people together, its a conversation starter. Like, i was in a game store with my friend and th conversation was lacking and i saw a HSM 3 DDR and well, that brought up the conversation. You can either bitch about how much you hate it or squeal about how much you love it.
    December 20th, 2008 at 07:29pm
  • narcotics

    narcotics (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Its ridiculous because their making the HSM 4 and it wont have Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley tisdale, or Corbin Bleu. It's just gonna be, weird. I don't think many people are gonna watch that.
    November 20th, 2008 at 05:25pm
  • Necromancer.

    Necromancer. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I was never a fan of the High School Musical movie, but when I saw the first one, I thought it was cute. I have a soft spot for Disney movies. But then there was a two and now a three and all the merchandise....They do not want to continue it because it has the potential to be continued, they want to make more money.

    But I agree with, sinkxthexsun. The movie will end now since it is on the big screen and Camp Rock will become the next obsession. -rolls eyes- They need to stop with the musicals period.
    November 20th, 2008 at 02:34am
  • gone coastal.

    gone coastal. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    ok so when i saw the first one i liked it. ok, it was extremely successful. great. so, of course they had to ruin it with a sequel. and hundreds of products, too. think about it. should there be little girl's panties and bedding made after a MOVIE?!? i walked into longs the other day and saw a high school musical GLUE STICK. are you kidding me???? i think kids are completely over this phenomenon. how many little girls have you met that are STILL obsessive over HSM? not that many in my case. i liked the first movie, the second one was okay, and i will see the third, but my guess is that it won't be as good as any of them and we will see HSM 1, 2, and 3 products for the next 2-3 years.
    September 2nd, 2008 at 05:05am
  • harris.

    harris. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    all i can say is they will stop with HSM 3. I mean can they really make a HSM 4 after they graduate. it would be college musical.
    and no one would like that.
    so HSM series will stop soon enough. and Camp Rock will take over. the end.
    August 29th, 2008 at 08:37pm
  • crappyloveballad

    crappyloveballad (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree steffymichelle!
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:50pm
  • Steffy Michelle

    Steffy Michelle (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    When I saw it, it looked kind of like a bad modern imitation of Grease.
    Meet during a holiday, end up in the same school, can't like each other because their in different cliques, end up both changing?
    All happened in Grease, which is a waaaay better movie with better actors.
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:39pm
  • crappyloveballad

    crappyloveballad (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I personally don't really care for it.
    Also, the fact that little girls might have Zac Effrons face on their butt kinda disturbs me.
    I thought the first one was okay. definately not the best movie ever, but ookay, and the second was kinda bland.

    I don't even like the music!

    But hey. If you really want to like it, I guess that's your choice!
    August 23rd, 2008 at 01:20am
  • gleek

    gleek (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I liked the first movie, maybe the first two times I watched it. After that I was just like, "meh." I never had any desire to watch the second or third.
    It's the media, it's business. They had a hit and god knows they're going to milk the hell out of it until not one more cent can possibly be made from the HSM franchise. I agree, it is annoying, but there's not much anyone can do.
    August 20th, 2008 at 02:56am
  • Edward Cullen14

    Edward Cullen14 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    THey hadnt gone to far if you think about it.
    Its High school drama!
    So think about it, all the crap wont end intill THERE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.

    So thats why theres a third movie. There graduating from High school, and everything that happens in between is being shown. Once this movie is done, there movies are done. Because they just needed to end them right, cause they still had high school left and they needed to end it right.
    August 19th, 2008 at 04:47pm
  • YourWorstEnemy

    YourWorstEnemy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Yes, I do think that it has gone too far. The only reason why the 3rd movie is in theatres is because they know they can make money off it. And that goes for all the HSM merchandise too. I mean, come on. HSM underwear?!!!!!
    August 19th, 2008 at 06:15am
  • pansypants

    pansypants (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    they already have a plot for high school musical 4.
    i think the only original character that's coming back is troy (supposively, it's still on the works)

    but it's basically a spin-off.
    having nothing to do with the real high school musical, just that it's in the same high school.

    i am a fan of high school musical and high school musical 2
    and i cant wait for high school musical 3, honestly.
    but when i read about the fourth one, now that IS taking it too far.

    also, it's partly parents' fault that kids are so obsessed with HSM, i mean a parent is the one that buys all the merchandise and DVD's. the parent has the power.
    by giving the kid everything he/she asks, not only are they making kids brats, but disney driven machines.
    August 19th, 2008 at 04:42am
  • Massacre21

    Massacre21 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Canada
    OMG THANK YOU!!! finally someone wrote an article on this BIG issue!!! the first one was ok, he second one was retarded. a 3rd one? can you rllly use wat material you got left to make another?
    all the merch causses big obsessions with kids. the whole pretty in pink, glam, sparkle...my neighbor is like this and it drives me up the wall.
    August 19th, 2008 at 01:12am
  • radical

    radical (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Most definatley
    August 19th, 2008 at 12:27am
  • Jessica. ftw

    Jessica. ftw (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    okay. i agree with you like..110%!
    Seriously. HSM has went way too far.
    HSM was enough.
    The sequel was pointless.
    & the whole naked picture scandal?

    I don't know exactly who the producers are trying to prove, but they should stop, before today's society gets worse.

    I'm sure kids have seen 'Picture This' & all of Vanessa's recent music videos.
    If she wants to be a 'role model' for kids maybe she should drop the sexy act for a little while.
    before little kids who like HSM, & all of it's stars start to thing it's okay to do what they are doing. :)

    Thanks for bringing that up btw.
    August 18th, 2008 at 11:20pm
  • wildfire213

    wildfire213 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    personally, i find the whole High School Musical junk to be completely pointless and boring. like 2 years ago my choir teacher decided we were going to actually perform the movie!!! everyone else was esatic and i'm talking about people from 13-15 maybe even older. *shudders* it was REALLY creepy. anyway i think that Disney in general needs a wake up call! i mean come on! what is up with the Jonas Brothers? and don't even get me started with Hannah Montanna. and no i'm not one of those people that hates things when it gets popular......i'm just one of the people that has a sense of who they are.
    yep that sums up how creeped out i am with the "Disney Cult"
    August 18th, 2008 at 01:58am