Sex With a Murderer? - Comments

  • Bratsqaud

    Bratsqaud (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I have to agree to an extent about the vampire thing, they should be feared. But why all? Twilight seems a little to boring for me. Everyone is saying how cute Robert is when playing Edward Cullen. WTF DO YOU SEE?! Vampires are very sexual and should be hot, but Edward.... no, he's freakin' dropping glitter pellets in the toilet! I have the Twilight book and have been wanting to read it but havent brought myself to because it's so annoying. My best bud and I have totally different views compared with Stephanie Meyers and she and my annoying friends have told me the whole story line from book 1 to 4.
    .
    Hot Topic is really pissing me off with the Twilight crap! All that you see in there are these preppy girls giggling and saying 'omg...like...omg' its annoying! i remember when they would look at the store, say freaks and then walk away.

    Thats all my friends talk about is Twilight.

    Vampire stories were so rare for teens and what I think killed the entire Twilight series was the movie. It was okay, but lacking. I loved it when vampire books were rare to find. Now its a never ending phase in the teen section. A lot of them look interesting, but since theres so many, how many more can actually come out? Vampires are going to die down quickly for teens because all of the stories came out at once.

    And people, you need to deal with the Twilight series no matter how much you disagree. No one tells us how to write our stories, so why should we tell her. I'll be damned if someone tells me how to write my vampire or werewolf stories.

    Everyone has there own opinion about them but the truth is, they are very sexual. Like so many of the other comments, THATS HOW THEY GET THEIR VICTIMS. It has been like that for a while. I ahd a long chat with my mom since she loves vampires and she said: no matter what there is some sexual theme involved and she's grown up on vampires.

    It would be nice to at least some feared vampires in stories but not all. There needs to be some type of conflict than just human and vampire, its so common that you already know what happens. That doesn't mean that the old stuff isn't good either.Recently, as a teen, I'm starting to read my moms old vampire stories and love them. It's a total lie if they aren't sexual.
    July 6th, 2009 at 07:45pm
  • Florence Welch

    Florence Welch (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Very very good article. You made such a good point.
    Now you put it that way, it seems so wrong that these people write books like this. I hope it doesn't go an further than this. What happened to the days when we where terrified of vampires, kids where scared of them and people dressed up as them for halloween, fangs and capes and all. They where always scary looking as well in books and illustrations. Now their meant to be perfect? What happened to the fangs. No, now they sparkle. Can you imagine them sparkling in a horror movie? Ridiculous.
    April 22nd, 2009 at 05:53pm
  • squidward tentacles.

    squidward tentacles. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    73
    Location:
    United States
    Excellent article; I agree completely. A lot of vampire books being written now are using the same basic plot, over and over again. I'm getting a little sock of vampires, although I am a fan of the Blue Bloods, Vampire Academy, and House Of Night series. What happened to the days of Salem's Lot vampires though? Personally, I kind of prefer books where vampires are frightening. And yes, their absolute perfection is a little old. They're not angels; they're the undead. They should be a little more human hating and scary, and a little less perfect and sparkly and..well, human acting.
    February 23rd, 2009 at 12:55am
  • UnmaskedFedora

    UnmaskedFedora (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Richard Matheson and Bram Stoker. You're saying they aren't true to what vamps really are?
    January 10th, 2009 at 05:31pm
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I find Lestat to be highly more believable than Edward Cullen. Mmm, I like Lestat.
    January 5th, 2009 at 05:00am
  • ravegirl.

    ravegirl. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly don't know.
    Because right now, I'm writing a story about the Joker(yeah, the insane clown), and I'm reading (and enjoying) the Twilight series.
    To some poeple, having sex with someone who could kill you is a good time. For others, not so much.
    It's all about personality, and sex appeal, at least for me. Vampires are described as attractive, beautiful creatures. People will like them, and thats the world we live in today.
    January 3rd, 2009 at 07:56pm
  • foREVerJimmySullivan

    foREVerJimmySullivan (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i'm reading anne rice...it's cool...i like it...
    i don't like twilight...end of story...
    December 30th, 2008 at 12:55am
  • PokerFace25

    PokerFace25 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i think its true..... yeah thats it.
    December 26th, 2008 at 11:01pm
  • xxAdr3nal1ne

    xxAdr3nal1ne (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with you, but why they are so desirable is because vampires, the actual monsters (not like Edward or anyone), attract victims with their godlike beauty and then kill them. No where does it say they are perfect though that's just what people think after reading books. I personally loved vampires (for the murderers they are) and I did at one point like Twilight but now I look back realizing how immature I was two years ago and Twilight changed the meaning of vampires into true love which made me unattractive to the idea.
    December 22nd, 2008 at 09:37pm
  • oh.lee

    oh.lee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    i agree completely. im a fan of laurell hamilton but its turning into less of a story and more of the relationship between jean claude and anita
    December 22nd, 2008 at 06:15am
  • A.Lifeless.Rose.

    A.Lifeless.Rose. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    The allure is that they are dangerous, it's like the bad boy fantasy to the extreme. He wants your body more than your blood.
    December 22nd, 2008 at 03:48am
  • Vinny.Vicious

    Vinny.Vicious (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Would you have sexual fantasies about someone who may kill you and bathe in your blood? No, I don't think so![/i]
    I totally do. It's not actually that uncommon...I hope...
    December 22nd, 2008 at 03:26am
  • gloss my eyes;

    gloss my eyes; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Switzerland
    Well ... lets think about this for a second.
    What if all vampires were ugly? What if they couldn't manage to lure innocent people in their beds? Would vampires be interesting at all if they were these horribly ugly, unattractive creatures? They wouldn't survive very long, either. They're supposed to be physically attractive to their prey, that is one of their adaptations as a vampire. I'm just saying, Vampires wouldn't be able to survive if they were ugly monsters.
    December 21st, 2008 at 10:47pm
  • Thorazine Dreams

    Thorazine Dreams (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    well on the note that vampires can't be sexual have you ever heard of the succubus, or the inccubus, or the Alu fiend? Well they were all very similar to monsters. Except for the fact, that they killed people through sex. They would drain their souls through their wet dreams. then again both the succubus and the vampire are things of myth that have been interpreted throughout time differently. And also...in my opinion stephanie meyer, and twilight is garbage. I am related to both Vlad and Elizabeth, they werent real vampires. just very cruel and twisted people. Also VAMPIRES DO NOT "SPARKLE" IN SUNLIGHT THEY TURN TO CRISPY CRITTERS
    December 21st, 2008 at 08:50pm
  • The SquirrelMeister

    The SquirrelMeister (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Vampires are supposed to be sexual creatures. Irresistable monsters who draw prey to them and then slaughter them to feed on their blood.
    A bit like an angler fish. Pretty lights, sharp fangs.
    Saying that they can't be sexual is like saying werewolves can't have human sides; it's completely undermining the whole purpose of the creature.
    December 21st, 2008 at 08:08pm
  • RoastedHeart

    RoastedHeart (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    What happened to enjoying a good book?
    A STORY. Its fictional. A figment of an authors imagination, there's bound to be similarities in books.
    If you dont like the increase in popularity of 'romantic vampires' then dont read the book.
    Plus the writer of the article said "make them more realistic"...
    so please tell me what is a realistic vampire?! They dont exist so how can you tell people to make them more realistic?
    That's what's fascinating about reading different vampire books, you get different people's takes on what vampires are.
    December 21st, 2008 at 06:39pm
  • The Way

    The Way (1400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    17
    Location:
    Philippines
    culture changes. get over it.
    *sigh*
    another one of 10k articles about vampires.
    let's move on.
    December 21st, 2008 at 04:43pm
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    Ahhh, Dracula by Bram Stoker - absolute vampire literature at its best :file:
    Anne Rice is amazing...
    December 21st, 2008 at 01:46pm
  • hey jealousy.

    hey jealousy. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree with AntsInMyPants101, I don't get why people are complaining that Meyer's vampires were 'wrong', or should have been more this or more that. It's her story, she can tell it however she likes. There are plenty of other vampires books and stories out there that don't portray them like she did.
    December 21st, 2008 at 08:06am
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Anne Rice is fine...as long as you agree with everything she has to say, never have anything bad to say about her writing, [i]ever[/i], and believe in God. Otherwise, she'll go crazy and start b*tching you out on Amazon.com. :file:
    December 21st, 2008 at 07:27am