Justice? Or Just A Murderer? - Comments

  • I think I was a Kira supporter in the beginning, but then as he slowly went mad and got more and more evil I think I started drifting not to L and Near's side, but Mello's. He had the right idea about getting things done to be qutie honest. He was a good balance between Kira and L. Please don't attack me for whatever I might have said! >.>
    July 14th, 2009 at 09:50pm
  • When I first started watching Death Note, I was a Kira supporter from the beginning. Although, the only time I really didn't like him (hate is such a strong word), was when he set up that plan and L died. :( But I still support Kira/Light. I actually wish I had a Death Note of my own. *evil grin* That would actually be awesome.

    Other than that, it's just a show. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    June 24th, 2009 at 05:09pm
  • Only ever watched the real-life version. Awesome movie/drama thing. At first, I was all for Light. He was only killing criminals... Bad, horrible people. I'm a total supporter of the capital punishment for extremely serious and premeditated crimes. Then, suddenly, he makes these crazy schemes to kill his girlfriend and end their suspecting of him [terribly worded, I know..] The moment he started killing innocent people, or even people with minor crimes, I detested him. He became overwhelmed with power...
    June 16th, 2009 at 05:29am
  • Good article, but it should have been spell-checked.
    June 15th, 2009 at 09:37pm
  • I keep meaning to read Death Note...
    Thanks for reminding me!
    Oh, and you spelt whether [i]weather[/i].
    [i]Weather[/i] is like rain and stuff...
    You probably didn't notice.
    June 15th, 2009 at 09:03pm
  • I really liked Light up until the very end, when he turned into a cowardly little bitch. Though, the way he went out was absolutely amazing and brilliant.

    I don't really think Light was exactly 'evil', because I do think that in the beginning his intentions were good. He was only human after all, though. Humans lust for power, to be number one, and I think as the story progressed, the fact that power was something that Light believed he could achieve, the lust started to take over him. The fact that he really was just human, not a god like he wanted to be, is what took him down in the end.
    June 15th, 2009 at 07:08pm
  • My God, do you actually want to get me started on Light?

    The man is a psychopath, it was obvious from the beginning. A deluded, arrogant psychopath. Just because he happened to be slightly smarter than everyone else he thought he had the right to kill people. No one person can decide who gets to live and die. He's a complete child with a warped conception of the world. If I met him today I would rip his heart out and eat it >:|.

    ...Or this could all just be because I want to marry L :D
    June 15th, 2009 at 05:57pm
  • Personally I've decided that, although once kind and a hard worker, when the Death Note arrived, Light became... Well, he was weak-minded for becoming a murderer so to stop murderers, he was cruel in how he used people, and in the end he was a pitiable, whimpering, immature being who just hated that he had lost a game. Like a brat who's building-block-castle has been knocked over before his eyes.
    ...Not that he wasn't a devilishly awesome character when at the top of his game :D

    But overall, I think what he did was just ignorant and power-grabbing. More like a politican than a righteous God.
    June 15th, 2009 at 04:03pm
  • Light did have good intentions to begin with, bu from pretty early on he started to go mad.
    Light was a good character, and his intentions were good, just with his power he changed the world the wrong way.

    I love Death note *sat next to a book case with the DVDs and all the mangas* and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stick up for light, but I will admit, he was doing things the wrong way.
    June 15th, 2009 at 03:04pm
  • I think Light started out with noble intentions but became corrupted by the power. He was willing to kill anyone to get what he wanted, even his own family members. But the strange thing is, despite all that...I liked Kira and I rooted for him. To me, it didn't matter if the end result was obtained by putting fear into people. Sometimes fear is the only motivator that is effective on human beings.
    June 15th, 2009 at 01:11pm